"That buck that bought a bottle could've struck the lotto"

- Nas

Awesome moments with Politics and Religion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off-topic -> Politics & Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Words

#1 | Posted: 08/18/2017 06:27 | Post subject: Awesome moments with Politics and Religion Reply with quote
I figure that when there is bad stuff there is good and I figured I start a thread about the happy stuff in politics and religion.

I went to this mini mart a while back and the cashier was your racially stereotypical middle eastern guy but had a REALLY THICK IRISH ACCENT! It was crazy but it gave me a huge smile because I think we are starting to see what our grandparents were fighting for. Very Happy

Also I love it when I feel like no one else has a love for the Lord above that I have and then I run into this stranger and we have a conversation about spirituality while we are in line at the store or if we are in gas station stalls next to each other.

Honestly talk about any positive experience, I'm all eyes. Get it? Because of the- never mind. I'm not one to judge even if your views are different from mine Smile

CryingGameDahlin
Different

#2 | Posted: 08/18/2017 11:41 | Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that thread title is often an oxymoron
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

Words

#3 | Posted: 08/18/2017 15:59 | Post subject: Reply with quote
CryingGameDahlin wrote:
I think that thread title is often an oxymoron

(Between you and me I couldn't come up with a better name) Confused

Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister and ClassicalMaster

United States

#4 | Posted: 12/02/2018 02:45 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Politically, the only one that really jumps out at me is pretty old, and that's when a Republican controlled congress (House led by Gingrich) gave a sitting Democratic President (Clinton) the line item veto, knowing full well he would use it to line out budget items they wanted, which he did 84 times.

It was the last great bipartisan gesture I can recall.

Sadly, the SCOTUS determined that the line item veto itself was unconstitutional as it shifted power too far to the Executive branch. But it was good while it lasted!

Religiously, I see awesome things all the time. I'm not even religious myself, but I see the good things the churches in most areas are doing. For every Wayland Baptist getting negative press coverage and painting all religion in a bad light, there are a dozen other churches having positive impacts in their communities and in the lives of their members.
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message
Page 1 of 1
   Forum Index -> Off-topic -> Politics & Religion

Jump to: