Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/04/2018 03:03
  • Post subject:
Komorebi-D wrote:
Luigii wrote:
I could see a write up for that album since I do have a good amount of stuff to say about that album as well as I've been itching to give that album another spin.

For a snippet, I could talk about The Flammable Man. A track that personifies anxiety with a Capital A in spades. The way the track glitches out is some jaw dropping stuff. But what always gets to me is those subtle drum hits before the vocalist go into the mantra "Is the something burning here. Or is it me?" That is some tense stuff. But really, its those guitar tones during that mantra. That simultaneously freaks me out but also do get personal enjoyment from.
Like I'd go from Shocked but then would be Very Happy during that passage. Sometimes I'm still surprise what guitars can still do when given to the right people.

And with this, I'd probably gave you the case of the blue balls since I don't know when I'll get to the album. Maybe tomorrow. Though I do have a busy day these next few days.

Haha If yeah I dont think I’d call it “blue balls”, I’m a patient guy hahaha. But I love what you said about the flammable man and you’re totally on the money. I’m a little sacred to talk about the whole thing myself in another list I’m working because there’s just so much there! Anyway I’m looking forward to whatever you come up with.

Will do. Also, that Daughters list will be crazy.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/04/2018 04:22
  • Post subject:
Man, I'm glad I decided to insert these mini lists. Not only do they keep me interested of what I need/want to listen to, but also keep this diary going. As well as keep its readers with at least with some material. Also was able to change the name of this diary back to it's original name.

Now here is that list.

Cocoon Crush by Objekt. (New Act) 2018 Grade:85
Dearest Christian by P.M. Dawn (Reoccurring Act) 1998 Grade Below
Donuts by J Dilla (SquishypuffDave December list) 2006
Tales Of Ordinary Madness by Warren Haynes (Album Below Game) 1993
YWGWYW by Daughters (Revisit) 2018 (Finished the Revisit) Will save this when we get to 1000 records.

At 813 albums. When done 817 albums.

Last edited by Luigii on 12/13/2018 20:15; edited 3 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/06/2018 01:13
  • Post subject:

With listening to this album, I have finish up the discography of P.M. Dawn. A very interesting act from the 90's where before the likes of Drake and Kid Cudi, this duo mix not only sounds that were otherworldly and cerebral but as well as being a lot more spiritual compared to there hip hop peers of there time. And with this record from 1998, the duo brings out there most versatile album. There is a lot of genre hopping on this record. Like I want to tell what is on here to get you interested. But at the same time, I want to keep it a mystery.

In one breath I feel Jesus Wept might be a little better due to it's ambient hip hop cohesiveness just speaking for me. Though, this album is a strong contender of what might be there best album. If you are interested by a hip hop act to leave there comfort zone by a palette that hasn't aged as hard compared to other hip hop albums, give this a listen. Or if you are curious where we were back in the day.

Grade:90
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/13/2018 20:22
  • Post subject:
So I have been gone for a bit. Had some stuff like finishing up Christmas shopping as well as a special gift for my mom. Been somewhat busy with work. And the main thing that has kept me occupied is Smash Ultimate. At the point of this typing I have over 600 spirits out of the 1297 that are in this game as of now. As well as finished up the adventure mode.

Next, I did finished up the Daughters album. It got better. To the point I will save my thoughts when I hit 1000 albums.

Third, I am at 816 due to finish up Zapp's 2nd album, which might be my favorite from them. Probably will make a chart for that.

Lastly Here is the small list

J Dilla Donuts from The December list and the Warren Haynes album from the Album Below forum.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/13/2018 21:40
  • Post subject:
Donuts is complete. My thoughts are in the December list by SquishyPuffDave.

One more album and we will make a new list.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/14/2018 02:57
  • Post subject:
So we finished up the last list. Now time to make another one. Man got to love how Smash Ultimate is taking my time away from music. But I did get some albums done yesterday and today, so who knows?
Here is the list.
Album below game: Liars Mess (2014) 90
Former Act: Jean Michell Jarre Metamorphoses (2000)
New Act: Olsen Dream Operator (2018)
S.P.D December List: The Runners Four by Deerhoof (2005)
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/17/2018 03:09
  • Post subject:
Wow, today was quite productive. Was able to listen to 5 albums today.
Here is the albums and the grades. And these are from 2010
Janelle Monae: Arch Android 95
Erykah Badu: New Amerikah Part 2 95
Baths: Cerulean 95
Toro Y Moi: Causers of This 95
And the recent 100 that will join the 1000 special
Bholoja: Swazi Soul

Also for tomorrow here is the updated list from a few days ago
Album Below Game Seth Sentry: Strange New Past (2015)
New Act Olsen: Dream Operator (2018)
Former Act Jean Michelle Jarre: Metamorphoses (2000)
S.P.D December List Deerhoof: The Runners Four (2005)

Recent update! For 2010, I listen to Love Is A Stream by Jefre Cantu-Ledesma
Grade for that album is a 95.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/31/2018 16:29
  • Post subject:
Damn. Work kept this somewhat dormant. Have continue with the 2010 diary. Now up to 37 albums for 2010. On my way to album #38 with Disappear Here by Hybrid. Also Happy New Year! Let's hope 2019 can end decade off with a bang. As well as a belated Happy Holidays by yours truly.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 01/01/2019 16:23
  • Post subject:
Happy New Year! Wow. 365 days and we will be done with the 2010's. I never felt like this back when the 2000's were coming to a close. But since I have been denting away albums from this decade as well as age, I realize we are moving forward even when we don't want to.

Though that is not why I'm typing this out. It's because of this.

Melody Luft by Austin Findley

So 2019 is going to start with this? An ambient drone album? Well, I'll be damned since this is some excellent stuff. There are a few points of reference for this record. For one, this does remind me of Gas. The way this artist use orchestra or midi orchestra instruments sparingly to create certain moods within the 48 minute piece are just the icing of this piece. Not only do you get the Gregorian/Church inspired vocals but you get these airy drones that oscillate throughout the piece. Making sure that the album never gets stagnant. Making sure there is a Point A to a Point B with the piece. I mean this will vary from person to person, but it was a quick ride.

Another point of reference though this is more of a me, I am reminded of Metroid Prime. From the save points of the second game or the Chozo Ruins of the first game, this album gives me those cues that felt opulent and awe inspiring to explore.

One more thing I do want to point out is that the album cover describes the entire thing for me. It's dark. It's weird. It's otherworldly. And lastly, it's a personal favorite of mind.

If anyone has those personal itches that have to be itched or wanting to try something new and out of there comfort zone, give it a try.

Grade:90

Also just realized that this artist has more albums underneath his belt. Meaning I will indulge on his work later on.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 01/08/2019 17:02
  • Post subject:
I've been away for a little bit. Yesterday, I got four albums done.
The two albums from La Roux, where the 09 album got an 85 while her 2014 album got a 90.
Then went back to 2000 to listen to both Jill Scott and D Angelo.
Jill's debut is excellent. Gave it a 90 but could see that getting a 95 since the first time I heard it, I was having a headache.
While D Angelo's Voodoo is not only my favorite thing he has ever done but also got a 100 from me. Will talk about it during the 1000 special.

Now the next couple albums will be some soul albums from 2000. Will tackle Erykah Badu's album, Musiq Soulchild's debut and another one that's not in the database as of this moment.

Also for anyone curious as to why I haven't message in a bit, well I'm going back to Breath Of The Wild and trying to 100% the game. Now that is a lengthy goal especially for the people who have played the game. But progress has gone nice.
Have almost 1/3 of the shrines done at 39.
Have over a 1/3 of the Korok Seeds at 363.
Plot wise got 1/2 of the Divine Beasts.
And there are other things like the DLC stuff.
But once the percent reader says 100%, I don't need to touch the game for a few years. Unless some bonus stuff comes out.
  • Visit poster's website