as is the case in the real world

The real world. Love the concept.

• Visit poster's website
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 08/23/2011 07:50
  • Post subject:
It is amazing what you miss in a short time on this site.

Polythene Pam wrote:
yeah i agree with postmodern beatnik + jhereko etc. cpt dude seems to think we all have some univesal opinion that saying fuck shit cunt Surprised is bad. Well i don't, i mean there only words and if words said in jest provke this reaction.

Unfortunately "in jest" is hard to determine on the internet. Unless "lol jokes" follows it, I guess. However personally I do not like the C word and have rarely used it in any conversation. I saw a Facebook group devoted to "calling your mate's cunts" which just proves that, even though I'm 26 and a Y-Gen, I must be out of touch with the iGeneration.

Polythene Pam wrote:
ShaneSpear wrote:
How do I miss out on all these weekend drama threads?

I swear I need to start downloading them to a kindle or something to keep up with you guys.
wait a sec... If your not on BEA, what could you possibly be doing?

Same here Shane. I was out last night watching a mate play in town and missed the experience and witty banter that goes on here!
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 08/23/2011 09:53
  • Post subject:
harkan wrote:

Polythene Pam wrote:
yeah i agree with postmodern beatnik + jhereko etc. cpt dude seems to think we all have some univesal opinion that saying fuck shit cunt Surprised is bad. Well i don't, i mean there only words and if words said in jest provke this reaction.

Unfortunately "in jest" is hard to determine on the internet. Unless "lol jokes" follows it, I guess. However personally I do not like the C word and have rarely used it in any conversation. I saw a Facebook group devoted to "calling your mate's cunts" which just proves that, even though I'm 26 and a Y-Gen, I must be out of touch with the iGeneration.

Polythene Pam wrote:
ShaneSpear wrote:

I swear I need to start downloading them to a kindle or something to keep up with you guys.

Same here Shane. I was out last night watching a mate play in town and missed the experience and witty banter that goes on here!

The type of person who uses the word "cunt" for someone they like, I just don't get at all. "Cunt" is a horrible word to be used only in horrible situations for horrible people (Morrissey et al), so very sparingly.

In regards to the "in jest" situation Pam was talking about, I agree with you about how hard it is to tell over the net sometimes what are jokes and what isn't. If you look you can see I put "Just kidding" after what I said. I even elongated it to emphasise it. Neutral I don't know how much clearer I could have been.

This whole topic in general though is getting really tiresome.
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 08/23/2011 22:49
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
harkan wrote:

Polythene Pam wrote:

Polythene Pam wrote:
ShaneSpear wrote:

The type of person who uses the word "cunt" for someone they like, I just don't get at all. "Cunt" is a horrible word to be used only in horrible situations for horrible people (Morrissey et al), so very sparingly.

In regards to the "in jest" situation Pam was talking about, I agree with you about how hard it is to tell over the net sometimes what are jokes and what isn't. If you look you can see I put "Just kidding" after what I said. I even elongated it to emphasise it. Neutral I don't know how much clearer I could have been.

This whole topic in general though is getting really tiresome.

Okay one thing

Swearing on the site doesn't bother me at all and as far as i'm concerned I have no problem with "cunt" being said

However seeing as there is such a negative reaction to the word(s)

You may noticed that have never used the word here before Surprised

(Not sure if I have sworn at all actually) Think

Also at Harken I don't think that is a generation thing as such.... I just don't think language is offensive

Particularly in the way it is used on this site (by most people)

What Bcaie said as well "the users are pretty good at coming down on someone who is being a jerk etc"

I really do think we have a pretty good atmosphere here. Very Happy
Wombi

• Posted: 08/29/2011 00:25
  • Post subject:
Polythene Pam wrote:

(Not sure if I have sworn at all actually) Think

puh-lease...
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 08/29/2011 00:34
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote: