Making an album has changed my opinion on music

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
carpents

United States

• Posted: 12/10/2018 23:43
  • Post subject:
dihansse wrote:
I admit I started listening to your album with the first posts you made but stopped listening after three or so songs I suppose I wasn't in the mood.
But now I'm listening to it again and, well, I like it: I love the guitars and the songs while the voice is both the weak and the strong point. The comment is already been made that it's a bit thin but on the other hand I love it. The best comparison that can be made is with the one of Robin Proper-Sheppard of Sophia, one of my personal heroes: if you don't know the band you should certainly give them a try.
Also the music is a bit in the style of Sophia and this is absolutely meant as a compliment. There's many good tracks but to me Breakdown and And You And Me are the highlights: I must say the quality of the album gets better as it goes on (maybe also a reason I stopped listening first).
I can't give you any advice technically but hey: 2018 is for me one of the best years in rock music (have already 118 albums of this year I have scored) and your album is one of them and even better: I put it now at rank 68 of 2018 so it might even earn some points.
Keep up the good work!

Awesome feedback! And even though you ranked mine below Greta Van Fleet I won't hold it against you. Cool

Will definitely check out Sophia, we have very similar tastes.
  • Visit poster's website
dihansse

Belgium

• Posted: 12/11/2018 06:01
  • Post subject:
carpents wrote:
dihansse wrote:
I admit I started listening to your album with the first posts you made but stopped listening after three or so songs I suppose I wasn't in the mood.
But now I'm listening to it again and, well, I like it: I love the guitars and the songs while the voice is both the weak and the strong point. The comment is already been made that it's a bit thin but on the other hand I love it. The best comparison that can be made is with the one of Robin Proper-Sheppard of Sophia, one of my personal heroes: if you don't know the band you should certainly give them a try.
Also the music is a bit in the style of Sophia and this is absolutely meant as a compliment. There's many good tracks but to me Breakdown and And You And Me are the highlights: I must say the quality of the album gets better as it goes on (maybe also a reason I stopped listening first).
I can't give you any advice technically but hey: 2018 is for me one of the best years in rock music (have already 118 albums of this year I have scored) and your album is one of them and even better: I put it now at rank 68 of 2018 so it might even earn some points.
Keep up the good work!

Awesome feedback! And even though you ranked mine below Greta Van Fleet I won't hold it against you. Cool

Will definitely check out Sophia, we have very similar tastes.

I have only listened to Greta Van Fleet once: maybe I should check them out again Wink
  • Visit poster's website