craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 01/12/2019 02:33
  • Post subject:
Temporary33 wrote:
Finally back to making music and shit, first single of the year:

Link

dude, welcome back! what a great way to kick the year off.
Temporary33

• Posted: 01/12/2019 02:40
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:
Temporary33 wrote:

Link

dude, welcome back! what a great way to kick the year off.

Thx, it's been a while since I've been here. I'm gonna catch up with some of the stuff in this thread that I've missed out on.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 01/12/2019 02:45
  • Post subject:
Temporary33 wrote:

Link

If you threw a really warm brass composition overtop that, it'd be dope.
  • Visit poster's website
Temporary33

• Posted: 01/12/2019 03:12
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Temporary33 wrote:

Link

Lol. Well in full honesty maybe brass might come into my music but On a more serious I just try to record it as close to sounding live as I can tbh. I’ve been doing open mics and shit and legitimately building a fan base. Most of the ones that like me like the angry guy with acoustic guitar sound so that’s what I’m going for right now which is what I always wanted to do
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 01/12/2019 05:50
  • Post subject:
Temporary33 wrote:
Hayden wrote:
Temporary33 wrote:

Link

Lol. Well in full honesty maybe brass might come into my music but On a more serious I just try to record it as close to sounding live as I can tbh. I’ve been doing open mics and shit and legitimately building a fan base. Most of the ones that like me like the angry guy with acoustic guitar sound so that’s what I’m going for right now which is what I always wanted to do

1. re: angry acoustic dude - it sounds good on you. i thoroughly enjoyed what i heard, and i'm looking for more.
2. you can always find a brasser to play with you and still get that live thing.
c. good on you doing the open mics and getting out there. don't ever listen to folks telling you open mics are shit. they're not. some are, yes. lots maybe, but you find a good one, and they'll change your life. i used to be really involved in one that was truly a thriving community of artists and musicians, all of us playing in each other's bands, painting furniture together, building exotic instruments and painting murals and et cetera. really tight stuff. i'm still in touch with most of those folks, and the majority are still doing incredibly creative things.
IV. tell me more's afoot cause i'm digging this.
Temporary33

• Posted: 01/12/2019 06:28
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:

1. re: angry acoustic dude - it sounds good on you. i thoroughly enjoyed what i heard, and i'm looking for more.
2. you can always find a brasser to play with you and still get that live thing.
c. good on you doing the open mics and getting out there. don't ever listen to folks telling you open mics are shit. they're not. some are, yes. lots maybe, but you find a good one, and they'll change your life. i used to be really involved in one that was truly a thriving community of artists and musicians, all of us playing in each other's bands, painting furniture together, building exotic instruments and painting murals and et cetera. really tight stuff. i'm still in touch with most of those folks, and the majority are still doing incredibly creative things.
IV. tell me more's afoot cause i'm digging this.

1. cool, thx.

2. ok

3. Yea open mics are cool and I wanna do more of course, but it's not like your open mic experience though where I'm at, but it's still pretty alright. It's really the only way for me to get anyone to listen to me anyways, I haven't been booked to any venues yet and plus I'm pretty shy as is. I only started about a month ago and still can't look at the audience at all. Very scared of it.

4. Yea, that's the first song off an ep (or possibly album) I'll be piecing together through the next half year or so that the working title is "The lonely Kid in a Stray Jacket". It just depends on how well things go. I'm seriously pursuing music as a career, but right now I need to a new full time job to start being able to go to open mics in new york. Once I can do that, more opportunities will open up as the open mics currently offered to me are only a few select ones.

EDIT: Also, on my instagram and other profiles (soundcloud, bandcamp, etc.), you can find other stuff I've done. Especially instagram where I do phone videos of songs and covers. https://www.instagram.com/omeluk/?hl=en
  • Visit poster's website
Temporary33

• Posted: 01/17/2019 01:07
  • Post subject:
https://soundcloud.com/joseph-omeluk/death/s-O4xzl

Would like any thoughts on this track before putting it up!

Also, I listened to some of Creιgнola and hayden's stuff, it's all really good. I'll probably be back with some thoughts at some point, just haven't had that much spare time due to some developments, I might have a gig soon for me. It's a real possibility and another step towards my goals so things are looking up!
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 01/19/2019 06:01
  • Post subject:
Unsleep aside, I'm happy to announce a slightly longer working term project: Mango. It's a short release, clocking around 28 minutes, so I'll leave it up in the air if it's an album or an EP, but regardless, it's out February 10th. It's more along the lines of Idiot, with perhaps a more mixtape-esque vibe. First track, Unstoppered, is out and available for streaming Smile It's a mid-album track that was supposed to be more along the lines of a break between more hectic songs, but it got a fairly strong screening response, so it'll be the first out I suppose. Hope you guys like it.

Last edited by Hayden on 02/05/2019 23:17; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Temporary33

• Posted: 01/20/2019 00:28
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
stuff about mango

That free track is really cool and interesting, I also listened to unsleep and like what's going on there. It's really cool style.

Anyways, anyone who wants to tell me anything whether critique or just whether you hate it or like it about a track I recently recorded, please do so before I put it up! Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/joseph-omeluk/life/s-leTnj
  • Visit poster's website