Album of the day (#2956): Frampton Comes Alive!

View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/17/2019 21:00
  • Post subject: Album of the day (#2956): Frampton Comes Alive!
Today's album of the day

Frampton Comes Alive! by Peter Frampton (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1976.
Overall rank: 1,413
Average rating: 76/100 (from 170 votes).

Tracks:
1. Something's Happening
2. Doobie Wah
3. Show Me The Way
4. It's A Plain Shame
5. All I Want To Be (Is By Your Side)
6. Wind Of Change
7. Baby, I Love Your Way
8. I Wanna Go To The Sun
9. Penny For Your Thoughts
10. (I'll Give You) Money
11. Shine On
12. Jumping Jack Flash
13. Lines On My Face
14. Do You Feel Like We Do

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 01/17/2019 21:58
  • Post subject:
OOOOOH BEHBEH AH LOVE YAHWEEEEH EVERY DEEEEEEHAYAYAY

Link

Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMaster

United States

• Posted: 01/18/2019 00:47
  • Post subject:
Easily the most overrated and overplayed live album of all time.

If I ever have to listen to Do You Feel Like We Do again, it'll be too soon. Live trickery is kinda cool, but it cant make a weak song great. If dude had actually done some quality songs in the first place, they might have gotten some attention on the studio album before this overblown double exploded on the airwaves. Even the other hits are intolerably lame, especially the middling Baby I Love Your Way.

EVERYBODY had this when I was in jr. high: now nobody does.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 01/18/2019 02:33
  • Post subject:
Ugh. Thanks for that horrible memory Skinny.

Here's a good cover of a Frampton song to cancel it out. J Mascis sounds so out of it on this track.

Link

I actually saw Peter Frampton when I was about 16 and he was a class act. Seemed like a real genuine fella, and he can put on a good show.
  • Visit poster's website
CharlieBarley

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/18/2019 05:01
  • Post subject:
This album reminds me of being real young, like 4 years old or younger and it brings back good memories. OK it's not perfect but I like it. I think my Parents played it a lot. I was born the year before it came out.
  • Visit poster's website
911Turbo

Canada

• Posted: 01/18/2019 22:57
  • Post subject:
Frampton was one of those 70's sucess stories: he created alot of terrible music, no fans to speak of.
Then, suddenly, scored one of the decade's biggest hits- this double album was frigging huge!
He had a simple formula- frizzy blond hair, shirts that probably didn't have buttons, long guitar solos, mellow romantic ballands.
I used to enjoy listening to that strange guitar/voicebox that could say "thats all roit!!", (everyone at the time found it exciting).
He sold millions of records.

If you haven't listened to this artist, give it a try. Its interesting and enjoyable pop music.
Personally, I haven't played this for years (i must admit,in years gone by, I istened to it quite a bit).
I agree with the other posts on this site- Its been flushed down the toilet.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 01/19/2019 00:10
  • Post subject:
The question is this:

How does a guy who was not much more than a secondary guitar player in a band (Humble Pie) that had its biggest successes after he left release four solo albums in four years that go absolutely nowhere, suddenly be found worthy by his major label of releasing not only a live album...but a DOUBLE live album, complete with the full backing of A&M Records (and some rather overly enthusiastic and strangely loud crowd reactions)?

To me, the biggest puzzle about this album is how it was ever even made in the first place.

And, of course, he followed this up with what was, predictably, the worst one-two punch of a follow up in the history of recorded music...I'm In You, which stunk mightily despite guest spots by Stevie Wonder, a Beatle and a Stone...and his starring role participation in maybe the worst film AND soundtrack album of all time, 1978's Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which pretty much destroyed not only his career, but also put a halt to the steadily rising star that was the Bee Gees.

Frampton is a fine guitarist...but he never did anything, before or since, to warrant the release of a double live album by a major label.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 01/19/2019 04:30
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:

Link

What in the non-black dreads, American Jamaican accent, drug rug wearing, hackysacking, mystical crystal consulting, tie-dyed, Dr. Bronner's shampooing, deodorant avoiding, anti-vax, high school burnout, peace and love positive vibes fresh hell is this?
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 01/19/2019 15:58
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
The question is this:

How does a guy who was not much more than a secondary guitar player in a band (Humble Pie) that had its biggest successes after he left release four solo albums in four years that go absolutely nowhere, suddenly be found worthy by his major label of releasing not only a live album...but a DOUBLE live album, complete with the full backing of A&M Records (and some rather overly enthusiastic and strangely loud crowd reactions)?

To me, the biggest puzzle about this album is how it was ever even made in the first place.

And, of course, he followed this up with what was, predictably, the worst one-two punch of a follow up in the history of recorded music...I'm In You, which stunk mightily despite guest spots by Stevie Wonder, a Beatle and a Stone...and his starring role participation in maybe the worst film AND soundtrack album of all time, 1978's Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which pretty much destroyed not only his career, but also put a halt to the steadily rising star that was the Bee Gees.

Frampton is a fine guitarist...but he never did anything, before or since, to warrant the release of a double live album by a major label.

Well. it was clearly even more genius then, right. On the part of the record company exec who could forsee this blowing up just like it did. I never listened to this that much back in the day since their was far better live rock albums from the 70s. Never minded it though when it would come on at a bar or sth. Definitely just fun 70s nostalgia.
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 01/19/2019 15:59
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:

Link

Winona Forever! lol
  • Visit poster's website