Skinny wrote:
Listen to UGK.

+1
  • Visit poster's website
Jameth

United States

• Posted: 05/23/2019 03:43
  • Post subject:
Someone mentioned Cream, but probably undersold them. Cream were by far the closest anyone ever got to the Jimi Hendrix Experience. I’m sure most would even agree that Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker were a better rhythm section than Redding and Mitchell. Clapton wasn’t on the same plane as Hendrix, but it’s still Clapton. Pull up their greatest hits and hit play, I don’t think you’d be disappointed.

If you’re not afraid of horns, the first two albums by Chicago are fantastic. I haven’t listened to III yet (for some reason), but there is some excellent material on their later albums, though they’re spotty. Chicago was (very roughly) what you would get if Hendrix joined the Beatles after they all spent a year listening to jazz. Terry Kath is top 10 material on guitar.

If you’re a big fan of The Beach Boys, you might want to try out some other surf rock groups like Dick Dale and His Del-Tones, The Astronauts, The Ventures, or some garage rock bands like The Sonics, The Monks, or The Young Rascals.

Happy hunting!
  • Visit poster's website
MojoRisin69

• Posted: 05/24/2019 16:49
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
MojoRisin69 wrote:
Instead of making an new topic I ask my next question here.

I have come a long way since the start of this topic with searching for new music, but I was wondering if there are any more bands that made songs like Light my Fire or Riders on the Storm, songs of 4-8 minutes long with an awesome drum/guitar solo in the middle if you know what I mean Cool

Thanks!

I'd love to see a chart from you if you have made a journey and know what you dig. Otherwise when I suggest checking out this album I won't know if you know it/like it, etc.

Yeah, good idea, I will create my first chart very soon. I really like Procol Harum and the Steve Miller Band, but I never heard of iron Butterfly.
  • Visit poster's website
manurock

Spain

• Posted: 05/24/2019 21:22
  • Post subject:
Hi! As you are searching for similar bands to Deep Purple or the Doors I would reccomend you listen to "Sacrifice" by Black widow. The album itself was reccommended to me at this site and sounds great, and the song Sacrifice has a guitar + organ solo you should love.
  • Visit poster's website