Poland

• Posted: 06/14/2019 23:07
  • Post subject:
also:

https://twitter.com/UrinatingTree/statu...1050918913

Quote:
GOLDEN STATE - "Good news, NBA: You're fucked!"

Alas, they forgot one key element:

The basketball gods demanded payment for their championships.

- KD destroyed
- Klay destroyed
- Boogie severely damaged
- Iggy severely damaged
- Looney severely damaged

Warriors: You're fucked

It is quite saddening to see a team get this devastated by injuries. KD and Klay will never be the same guys they were again. That's quite the sacrifice. The Warriors tried to match the Raptors when they were weighed down, which says more about the Curry gang than people think. I'm glad the Raps took it (northern pride from your cousins in detroit) but the cost was too great.

Wonder how the 2019-2020 season is gonna be now.
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 06/15/2019 10:32
  • Post subject:
Gotta admit I was wrong about the Kawhi/Derozan trade. At the time it seemed that they were getting Kawhi for a season, which puts a lot of pressure on this season. And I thought.. they aren't winning the finals anyway (Warriors superteam), and are they really good enough to beat the Celtics? Think

Well...

I feel bad for the Warriors. Hope KD and Klay will still be able to perform on a high level after this.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 06/15/2019 18:04
  • Post subject:
Unless you're a Raptors fan, this NBA Finals was terrible. If you're neutral, with no rooting interest, you just want an exciting, well-played series. And we didn't get that at all. It's a shame because it had that potential if both teams were at full strength. But in hindsight, this series was doomed from the start. It's clear GS had no chance without KD. The two games GS won, they won by the skin of their teeth, one of which was the only game KD got any playing time (which he was amazing for). But we all know what happened. They tried to win wo/ KD, and with Thompson banged up. And when that wasn't working, both players were pushed over the edge, injuring themselves further, and they will be probably never be the same again. Brutal, man...just brutal.

This is not to take away from the Toronto Raptors. They were the best team in the NBA this year hands down and rightly won the championship. Enjoy it Raptors fans!

2020 will certainly be interesting. But that's for another thread.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 06/16/2019 12:48
  • Post subject:
StreetSpirit wrote:
2020 will certainly be interesting. But that's for another thread.

then make it
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 06/17/2019 03:05
  • Post subject:
As a long suffering Raps fan, this was fantastic... Years of poor teams, stars leaving, and choking against LeBron have been worth it.
I feel bad for the Golden State, but not really. KD & Thompson's injuries suck. ...but Curry, Thompson, Green, Livingston & Igoudala all have 3 championships. KD got his ring by jumping ship, but Cousins' attempt to do the same failed. The rest of them are millionaires playing basketball.

...and I'm tired of the narrative that I've heard from pundits that Canadian teams are bad for the bottom line of the sport. We heard it when the Jays won, we hear it every year in the NHL, and we heard it with the Raps. Toronto is the 6th biggest market in North America, and when you factor in that the Jays and Raptors include a base that consist of an entire country...

This off-season will be a doozy. Davis has already been sorted, but we have Leonard, Irving, Walker, Butler, Harris, Vucevic, Middleton, Lopez & Redick as FAs, and even an injured Durant, Thompson & Cousins will have an impact depending on what happens to them.
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 06/23/2019 04:50
  • Post subject:
junodog4 wrote:
As a long suffering Raps fan, this was fantastic... Years of poor teams, stars leaving, and choking against LeBron have been worth it.
I feel bad for the Golden State, but not really. KD & Thompson's injuries suck. ...but Curry, Thompson, Green, Livingston & Igoudala all have 3 championships. KD got his ring by jumping ship, but Cousins' attempt to do the same failed. The rest of them are millionaires playing basketball.

...and I'm tired of the narrative that I've heard from pundits that Canadian teams are bad for the bottom line of the sport. We heard it when the Jays won, we hear it every year in the NHL, and we heard it with the Raps. Toronto is the 6th biggest market in North America, and when you factor in that the Jays and Raptors include a base that consist of an entire country...

This off-season will be a doozy. Davis has already been sorted, but we have Leonard, Irving, Walker, Butler, Harris, Vucevic, Middleton, Lopez & Redick as FAs, and even an injured Durant, Thompson & Cousins will have an impact depending on what happens to them.

you guys deserve your grizzlies back
  • Visit poster's website