Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 09/10/2019 00:09
  • Post subject:

Clube Da Esquina by Milton Nascimento / Lô Borges

This album... Masterpiece

I finally got around to it this morning and fuck me I wish I could back in time and hand it to my 19 year old self. Or at least slap myself in the face and tell myself to not leave it for so long. Actually just to slap my own face for a lot of things, but that’s beside the point. This might be the best Brazilian record I’ve ever heard. The only thing that I think beats it is Panis Et Circenis and that’s a compilation of some of the best Tropicalia has to offer. Nascimento’s work is a catalog I cannot wait to dig through. And apparently there’s a sequel? Hell yeah.

2019: The Special (Well Beyond) Few [RYM]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 09/10/2019 00:14
  • Post subject:
100 PAGES FELLAS!!!

I think this calls for a celebration...

K.D.’s Favourite 5 - My Best Moments Edition:

(There’s absolutely no fucking way that you’re that vain and self-obsessed.) Yeah... You’re right. Sad (I see through your bullshit.)

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 5 days ago
  • Post subject:
Today my Dad turns 57. Daniel Johnston was just 58 when he tragically passed away of a heart attack. I know that’s where the correlation ends but it’s still a scary parallel to wake up to. Unlike most, I didn’t find out about the magic of Daniel Johnston from a Hi, How Are You? t-shirt Kurt Cobain wore. It was because of you guys. And for that, I can’t thank you enough. Initially though, it did jar and depress me. I remember on one track he recorded his mother screaming awful things at him, and when I dug further into his life and found out about his illness, it never left me. There’s a real innocence about everything he did and it’s tremendously sad to know it’s now gone.

Last edited by Komorebi-D on 36 minutes ago; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 4 days ago
  • Post subject:

All My Heroes Are Cornballs by JPEGMAFIA

Right. So it’s time for some honesty; though there was a lot of tracks I loved on last year’s Veteran, there was a lot of fat. Which resulted in me feeling like it was a little overhyped. And while All My Heroes Are Cornballs doesn’t go to too many strides to trim it, I certainly see this as the stronger record. So much so that I wish all hip-hop records resemble this one’s penchant for glitch and psychedelia more. I can imagine that I’ll be in the minority, because I think most prefer the aggressive side of Peggy.

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 47 minutes ago
  • Post subject:
Komorebi-D wrote:
It’s probably the release I’m anticipating the most. Yes, even more than Angel Olsen...

Link

Yeah... I regret saying that. I regret saying a lot of things. Especially on here and in the last couple of months. But with this now, I’m eating my own words. Like I had to have known that she was gonna keep coming at full force, right? I mean she’s stepped up her game with the release of every single behind My Woman and then the album itself came along to bowl me over. No difference here with All Mirrors, I’m hoping at least. I see the music video advertised on all my social media platforms and that’s for fucking good reasons. The video is stunning and the song might be her most emotional. Not to mention, that ending is fucking insane! New Wilco, DIIV, Danny Brown AND Angel Olsen on the same day? Sign me the hell up!

Last edited by Komorebi-D on 40 minutes ago; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 43 minutes ago
  • Post subject:
Komorebi-D wrote:

All My Heroes Are Cornballs by JPEGMAFIA

Right. So it’s time for some honesty; though there was a lot of tracks I loved on last year’s Veteran, there was a lot of fat. Which resulted in me feeling like it was a little overhyped. And while All My Heroes Are Cornballs doesn’t go to too many strides to trim it, I certainly see this as the stronger record. So much so that I wish all hip-hop records resemble this one’s penchant for glitch and psychedelia more. I can imagine that I’ll be in the minority, because I think most prefer the aggressive side of Peggy.

It feels funny to say that my love for the new Jenny Hval and Alex G albums (House of Sugar remains the best release of the month and of his career thus far) have kind of solidified but for All My Heroes Are Cornballs it just continues to grow and grow. Who knows? It could even win over Bandana for the title of my favourite hip-hop album of the year. That’s how serious I am about this thing!

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website