MLB 2019

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 10/12/2019 10:55
  • Post subject:
Yeah, I really missed wide on them all. I had a feeling the Yankees might dominate the Twins because of their history against each other, but I really wanted the Twins to continue their magic season. What a bummer. You nailed the Cardinals/Braves series. I suspected that might happen, but the Braves looked like a much better team.

I actually agree with your NLCS and ALCS predictions 100%, so we'll probably both be wrong. I'm really impressed with the Nationals and Cardinals. I thought both teams had too many holes to get this far. Rendon has been a thorn in the Mets side for years. It's good to see him really getting his due respect for terrorizing the rest of the league .
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/12/2019 16:31
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
I actually agree with your NLCS and ALCS predictions 100%, so we'll probably both be wrong.
Let's hope not Laughing
meccalecca wrote:
I'm really impressed with the Nationals and Cardinals. I thought both teams had too many holes to get this far. Rendon has been a thorn in the Mets side for years. It's good to see him really getting his due respect for terrorizing the rest of the league.
I don't know much about the Cardinals. They don't seem to have any holes, but they don't seem dominant in any area either. As for Washington, they have heavy arms and hitters that can go toe to toe with anyone. However they lack depth and good relievers. Thus they seem like the kind of team that would win a 5 game series, but would wear out and lose a 7 game series. They may be a long shot to win it all. But hey, they're off to a good start. Who could've predicted veteran Anibal Sanchez would be the man in game 1 last night?
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/20/2019 15:46
  • Post subject:
Wow, how about that game last night? Full of clutch hitting, pitching, and fielding (how many run-saving diving catches were there?). Then a thrilling 9th inning, with both closers getting beat. Playoff baseball at its best...

We have our World Series teams now, both correctly predicted by mecca and I prior to the last round.

Washington: They have stacked starting rotation and damn good lineup, but I think their bench and bullpen are weak. However, they're hottest team in baseball. 16-2 in their last 18 going back to the regular season. They seem determined to finally win after years of choking in the playoffs.

Houston: This team seemingly has no weaknesses. On paper, they're one of the greatest teams of all time. 107 wins and a +280 RD in the regular season. Nuff said.

So who wins this? I think the Nats will give the Astros a run for their money, but fall short. Astros win in 6.

But I could see one team sweeping the other. It's hard to predict when a hot teams faces a juggernaut. Sometimes the hot team continues its streak and dominates (2006 WS). Sometimes the juggernaut puts the hot team in their place (2007 WS).

Other times, it's just an exciting back-and-forth series (2016 WS). I'm hoping this WS will be the one of those.
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 10/20/2019 20:58
  • Post subject:
CA Dreamin wrote:
So who wins this? I think the Nats will give the Astros a run for their money, but fall short. Astros win in 6.

Part of me wants to say Nats in 6, but I'm gonna go with Astros in 5. I think it really depends on how all those days off effects them. While it means their pitching will be nice and rested, I think the extra days off is gonna kill their hot streak. Having Cole ready to go for game 1 rather than needing him to pitch a game 7 against the Yankees is a huge difference maker.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/21/2019 06:00
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
Part of me wants to say Nats in 6, but I'm gonna go with Astros in 5. I think it really depends on how all those days off effects them. While it means their pitching will be nice and rested, I think the extra days off is gonna kill their hot streak. Having Cole ready to go for game 1 rather than needing him to pitch a game 7 against the Yankees is a huge difference maker.
I didn't think of that. Yeah, days off can make teams rusty. And Gerrit Cole has been a beast this postseason. Then again, Scherzer is no slouch. The pitching match-ups are Scherzer/Cole, then Strasburg/Verlander, then Corbin/Greinke. This could go any direction, but I'll stick with my prediction. Just hoping the series is interesting/exciting.
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 10/26/2019 10:52
  • Post subject:
So much for my theory that the days off would hurt the Nats. Their lineup was really locked in for the first 2 games.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/30/2019 04:24
  • Post subject:
I've seen Games 1, 4, and 5, and they were mostly boring and one-sided. It seems nearly every one of these games have been boring and one-sided. Hope Game 7 tomorrow is more interesting. I won't be able to watch it, but maybe I'll get home from work in time to see the ending. The Astros big trade acquisition, Zack Greinke, will have his chance to shine.