Random chat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1263, 1264, 1265 ... 1283, 1284, 1285  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 03/30/2020 23:54
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
This is all such a nightmare. My parents, grandparents, and loads of my friends are in NY. I've known multiple people to be hospitalized after testing positive. Thankfully, it appears that they're recovering, but it's gotta be frightening.

I live in NYC, as do my life partner, elderly mother, sister and of course a lot of friends.

Quote:
Yeah, of course it'd hit Chicago next since that's where both my brothers live.

Chicago's the third largest city in the U.S.? Would've been surprised if it wasn't hitting Chicago. Most of the large metro areas are getting hit or probably will be in the next week or so. Sorry your brothers are in one of the cities getting hit sooner.

Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
That's the unfortunate truth of the matter. The way things are going right now, the "peak" probably won't happen for another month or so. I wouldn't be surprised to see it keep going up well into April. Of course we have to take the numbers with a grain of salt, because more people will be able to be tested, which means more people will test positive.

It'll peak earlier (I mean earlier than other areas) in the places that are the hardest hit now, then peak in the suburbs that aren't already getting hit and then in small towns/rural areas. I heard one expert speculate that after it reaches the rural areas, it's possible that it could mutate and then spread back into the cities -- hopefully that's an unlikely possibility!
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 03/31/2020 11:04
  • Post subject:
PurpleHazel wrote:
I live in NYC, as do my life partner, elderly mother, sister and of course a lot of friends.

Ahh. I lived there during 9/11, the blackout, hurricane Sandy, and a bunch more, and I still can't imagine how insane it has to be to live there right now with everything shut down. I hope you and your fam are surviving ok.
  • Visit poster's website
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 03/31/2020 20:48
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
Ahh. I lived there during 9/11, the blackout, hurricane Sandy, and a bunch more, and I still can't imagine how insane it has to be to live there right now with everything shut down. I hope you and your fam are surviving ok.

Ah, so you're a real New Yorker, with a few scars to prove it. Thanks, everyone's getting along okay so far.

Where you living now? Feel free to be vague.
  • Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 04/05/2020 03:28
  • Post subject:
There's not much going on here right now. I figured forums would be more bustling during a pandemic. Instead I hear tumbleweeds, which I don't think make for great conversation...
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 04/05/2020 19:34
  • Post subject:
There's a reasonably small amount of people hanging around the forums in the grand scheme of things, but it's also more homely around these parts I feel, not to mention I personally find it much more suitable when it comes to tailoring certain aspects of your musical taste, if that makes sense, it's a great spot here, welcome aboard!

• Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 04/05/2020 20:33
  • Post subject:
Thanks. I've been looking for odd little things to do here and there while discussion gets started. But my top 100 isn't set in stone and it won't be set in stone until I can be certain of the order. For that to happen, I need to level up to get to year charts. I'm not even entirely sure what my number 1 is: Led Zeppelin IV, Pet Sounds, Velvet Underground and Nico or Funeral. I was thinking The Blueprint might be, but decided the best album of the 2000's was Funeral. It's a fucking tough decision, especially since there's something I love from every kind of music. For example, I dislike most drone but I love Tim Hecker.
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 04/06/2020 00:17
  • Post subject:
Chief in shambles

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 04/06/2020 22:55
  • Post subject:
I'm searching through charts and this happened a few times: after entering a query, the top chart would be by a banned user called Jackwc. Does this happen with all the banned users?
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 04/07/2020 17:55
  • Post subject:
Spyglass wrote:
I'm searching through charts and this happened a few times: after entering a query, the top chart would be by a banned user called Jackwc. Does this happen with all the banned users?

No. Just BEAlluminati members.
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 04/07/2020 18:08
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
Chief in shambles

Haha, I just now saw this. The JC Nichols fountain is also pretty brutal. They did the same thing when the Royals were in the World Series. Looks better in blue. Very Happy

• Visit poster's website