A look upon the records

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 04/20/2020 05:12
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
So I just realized that today it has been 3 years since I decided to join this site. One of the best decisions I ever did.

Applause

Also sorry I forgot to reply to your other post, was a solid list.

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/28/2020 23:07
  • Post subject:
Hello. "Where have you been?" Been chilling as well as doing things. "Things?" Yeah. "Like what?" Let's just say I'm probably around a fifth of the way done, and will hopefully see the fruits of my labor. See you next time while I observe in the background.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/17/2020 15:26
  • Post subject:
So this is an update for what is to come real soon from me. It has been quite a while since the last post. But felt like I need to post about something. For one it is my birthday. 25. Damn. But also to mention what I have been doing in the past few months. While listening to new music, I have been going through the albums that I considered were a 100 retain that particular score. The reason for this is to finally update my greatest list. Now I won't spill all the details since I still have to consider where these albums will be placed in a list, as well as having almost 40 records left to give a revisit to see how I feel. Also some point in early July, I want to list how my year list has changed over the past three months, since that 2020 list is close to being filled and will have to start knocking out albums from the bottom for new albums I enjoy. I'm still shocked that I'm close to 100 albums for the current year. But that might come to a halt due to work being around the corner. Hopefully I could stick to that landing. Will talk later.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 06/17/2020 15:37
  • Post subject:
Happy birthday Luigii! Very Happy Also excited to see your finished 2020 and overall lists.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/17/2020 16:11
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
Happy birthday Luigii! Very Happy Also excited to see your finished 2020 and overall lists.

Thank you. Overall list has been coming closer to completion. Will be a bit since I have written down the groupings and see how it will be placed. Also while that 2020 list will have 100 albums soon, I still want to venture through that year to find more stuff. But we will see what happens later on.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 07/01/2020 20:27
  • Post subject:
#1 Rakka-Vladislav Delay
#2 The Slow Rush-Tame Impala
#3 Ghosts V:Together-Nine Inch Nails
#4 After Hours-The Weeknd
#5 Color Theory-Soccer Mommy
#6 Mystic Familiar-Dan Deacon
#7 Draining Love Story-Sewerslvt
#8 Suddenly-Caribou
#9 Ecstasy-Disclosure
#10 Una Presencia En La Brisa-Leandro Fresco&Rafael Anton Irisarri
#11 Saccharine Synergy-Vaperror
#12 Patchouli Blue-Bohren&Der Club Of Gore
#13 Scis-Oval
#14 Spirituality And Distortion-Igorrr
#15 1988-Knxwledge
#16 Conference Of Trees-Pantha Du Prince
#17 Miss Anthropocene-Grimes
#18 Spectres From The Old World-Dark Fortress
#19 I Disagree-Poppy
#20 Superstar-Caroline Rose

So this was the list from the beginning of April of what was in the running of my favorite albums of 2020. Man this list has changed. I think it changed a day after the list was posted. But it has changed since we have reached the halfway point of 2020. Now here is the new list. And I think I have some stuff to say.

#1 Rakka-Vladislav Delay
#2 Sawayama-Rina Sawayama
#3 The Slow Rush-Tame Impala
#4 Ghosts V:Together-Nine Inch Nails
#5 Abolition Of The Royal Familia-The Orb
#6 @@@@@-Arca
#7 After Hours-The Weeknd
#8 It Is What It Is-Thundercat
#9 Song Four Our Daughter-Laura Marling
#10 Dark Matter-Moses Boyd
#11 Color Theory-Soccer Mommy
#12 Illusion Of Time-Daniel Avery & Allessandro Cortini
#13 What's Your Pleasure-Jessie Ware
#14 Sleep On The Wing-Bibio
#15 Mystic Familiar- Dan Deacon
#16 Draining Love Story-Sewerslvt
#17 Suddenly-Caribou
#18 Ecstasy-Disclosure
#19 Una Presencia En La Brisa-Leandro Fresco & Rafael Anton Irisarri
#20 Vodou Ale-Chouk Bwa & The Angstromers

Yeah, this has changed up since the last time. You have Vodou Ale where the drum playing and some electronic flourishes makes this album pop compared to its peers. There is the new Bibio album where the brevity of it and the clear sound from most of the album makes it a good introduction point for his discography. Especially since he has a good chunk of music. Then you have Jessie Ware coming with one of the best pop albums of the year. Personally, I prefer her dabbling of nu disco and how the majority of the tracks blossom of have hooks for days compared to Dua Lipa. Daniel Avery collaborates with Allesandro Cortini for one of the best ambient albums of 2020. Laura Marling came out with my pick for favorite folk album for 2020. No disrespect to Fiona Apple or Phoebe Bridgers, both of your albums were in the great to excellent category. Thundercat came back with his space age funk that actually spoke to me more than Drunk. And lastly, the big climbers for 2020.

While I did enjoy the kick off of the new Arca album, I felt that the "single" she released earlier in the year was better due to the no fucks given throughout the single where the music can be abrasive and crazy while having moments that felt very revealing like the laughing bit where she sounded broken but excited. Honestly that part gave me chills. Then you had The Orb come back with an album that honestly is up in the running of being there best album. To the point where I'm tempting to have it in my top 3 but also giving it a 100 due to the variety, the full sound of each track, the emotion and other qualities from it. Don't sleep on this album. And speaking of 100's you got Rina Sawayama's debut where while I do agree that she has untapped potential for her future albums, this has been one of my favorite in a long time where I just love the ever-loving shit out of it.

And that is that. And keep in mind there is other stuff to mention like the new RTJ album, Chromatica, grae, Sideways To New Italy and plenty of others. As well as not getting to some of the big albums of the year. This is probably gonna change again since there is some new exciting music coming out through the pipeline. See you next time.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/01/2020 21:20
  • Post subject:
Well, it's finally done. I finally went through all my 100's and gave them a revisit. A lot of the albums kept there score. Some were not. Here is that list if you are curious.
https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=62571

Greatest list update will come hopefully real soon. Maybe tonight, but don't count on it.
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 10/01/2020 23:55
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Well, it's finally done. I finally went through all my 100's and gave them a revisit. A lot of the albums kept there score. Some were not. Here is that list if you are curious.

Greatest list update will come hopefully real soon. Maybe tonight, but don't count on it.

After talking about this with you for the longest time now, I really appreciate the immense amount of effort you’ve put into it. When you first gave Reaching for Indigo a perfect score I knew your stance was bound to shift on it but to see Voodoo, YMO, Burial & Mr. Bungle come down is surprising. Anyway, I’m excited to see everything that does make the cut man!

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/02/2020 00:06
  • Post subject:
Komorebi-D wrote:
Luigii wrote:

After talking about this with you for the longest time now, I really appreciate the immense amount of effort you’ve put into it. When you first gave Reaching for Indigo a perfect score I knew your stance was bound to shift on it but to see Voodoo, YMO, Burial & Mr. Bungle come down is surprising. Anyway, I’m excited to see everything that does make the cut man!

Thank you very much. But who knows. They might dig out of there hole. And even then, that is where the year end lists come into play. Plus the list is somewhat mapped out. But will change as more 100's come into play. As well as want to add different addendums in the future as I listen to new albums either old or recent, as well as when I feel like I went through a year. But will be saved when the list goes up.
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 10/02/2020 00:07
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Komorebi-D wrote:
Luigii wrote:

Thank you very much. But who knows. They might dig out of there hole. And even then, that is where the year end lists come into play. Plus the list is somewhat mapped out. But will change as more 100's come into play. As well as want to add different addendums in the future as I listen to new albums either old or recent, as well as when I feel like I went through a year. But will be saved when the list goes up.

Yeah definitely. It’s a really smart way of keeping a record of things. Because you never know what’s gonna come out from one week to the next.

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website