Others
25%
 25%  [2]
Total Votes : 8

Smithy98

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/25/2020 20:16
  • Post subject: Feeder.
Hi there everyone, I hope you're all ok at the minute.

Anyway, I came to ask about a band that never gets talked about much and that is Feeder.

Some of you may know of them from Gran Turismo 3 with Just a Day, Buck Rogers and Seven days in the sun, some of you may know of them because of their first big song which is called High, and some of you may know of them of their big album Comfort in Sound which has Just the way I'm feeling.

Looking on some of these sites (besteveralbums and rateyourmusic), they don't seem to be that known unlike other sounding bands such as Stereophonics or Ash.

I have some of their albums but haven't listened to all of the songs on them, but some of the best songs (and this is what I think) are Just the way I'm feeling, Come back around, Forget about tomorrow, High, Yesterday went too soon, Turn, Insomnia, Buck Rogers, Seven Days in the sun and many others that I'm not naming because if I do that, I'd be on here all day. Laughing

What albums do you have by Feeder? What songs do you know by them?

Here are the albums I have by them:

Polythene by Feeder

Yesterday Went Too Soon by Feeder

Echo Park by Feeder

Comfort In Sound by Feeder

Thank you for reading.
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 05/26/2020 21:43
  • Post subject:
Man, I haven't listened to Feeder in years, I've definitely drunkenly stumbled into at least one Feeder concert (if not more) in years gone by (and Ash too while you mention them), definitely got some old CD's by these lads somewhere, must go digging.

• Visit poster's website
Smithy98

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/29/2020 11:16
  • Post subject:
Patman360 wrote:
Man, I haven't listened to Feeder in years, I've definitely drunkenly stumbled into at least one Feeder concert (if not more) in years gone by (and Ash too while you mention them), definitely got some old CD's by these lads somewhere, must go digging.

Cool.

I went to see them in Manchester last year and I met Grant Nicholas (Nice guy as well as a nice singer and guitar player).

I can't say I know much of their new stuff, but their old stuff such as High, Insomnia, Buck Rogers, Seven days in the sun and Just the way I'm Feeling are all excellent.

Other songs such as Come back around, Forget about tomorrow and Feeling a moment are also good.

What albums have you got by them (if you have found them)?

Thanks.
  • Visit poster's website
Shipyard

Netherlands

• Posted: 05/29/2020 14:43
  • Post subject:
Im sorry i was confused with Weezer (I discovered Feeder, Weezer and Wheatus around the same time). And i was confused with Island in the Sun of Weezer. So my new choise will be Buck Rodgers and not Seven Days In The Sun. For what Its worth.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 05/29/2020 16:02
  • Post subject:
I, too, had not thought of this band in some time, but I do remember some of their songs like "High" and the ones from Gran Turismo like you mentioned. They're very of their time. That "Echo Park" album is the one that I can recall seeing for some reason.
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 05/29/2020 17:35
  • Post subject:
Smithy98 wrote:
Cool.

I went to see them in Manchester last year and I met Grant Nicholas (Nice guy as well as a nice singer and guitar player).

I can't say I know much of their new stuff, but their old stuff such as High, Insomnia, Buck Rogers, Seven days in the sun and Just the way I'm Feeling are all excellent.

Other songs such as Come back around, Forget about tomorrow and Feeling a moment are also good.

What albums have you got by them (if you have found them)?

Thanks.

Buck Rogers was definitely one of my jams way back then, no Feeder albums yet turned up but I've found a ton of old stuff from that era of British music in a pile of CD's I have with me (think Ocean Colour Scene, Gomez, the Manics and pretty much all those other sorts of bands, stuff I haven't heard for some time, must go through them properly), might be knocking about my parents house though, whenever I can get there again...

• Visit poster's website
Smithy98

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/31/2020 09:05
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
I, too, had not thought of this band in some time, but I do remember some of their songs like "High" and the ones from Gran Turismo like you mentioned. They're very of their time. That "Echo Park" album is the one that I can recall seeing for some reason.

It's crazy that you're one of the only people on here from America (along with a few others such as Captain_Dude and Zags7000) that know of Feeder.

I thought you'd get just the American Gran Turismo but you must have both the American and the English (Where I'm from) version. Think

Did you (or do you still) have albums by them?

Thanks.
  • Visit poster's website
Boxyno1

• Posted: 06/04/2020 18:32
  • Post subject:
I own all of their albums except last years album, Tallulah.

Don't know why I've stood by them so much, possibly its because I liked them when my music taste was developing in the early 2000s.

I don't think they've made a great album since Comfort in Sound in 2003, in my opinion. The albums released after that were all good, but not great. Although I wasn't too keen on 2016's All Bright Electric. And then Tallulah last year was just completely uninteresting.

Pretty good live act, I've seen them a couple of times.

My favourite song of theirs is not on your voting list, Stereo World on Polythene.
Smithy98

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/07/2020 20:05
  • Post subject:
Boxyno1 wrote:

Don't know why I've stood by them so much, possibly its because I liked them when my music taste was developing in the early 2000s.

I don't think they've made a great album since Comfort in Sound in 2003, in my opinion. The albums released after that were all good, but not great. Although I wasn't too keen on 2016's All Bright Electric. And then Tallulah last year was just completely uninteresting.

My favourite song of theirs is not on your voting list, Stereo World on Polythene.

Which album do you like the most out of the first few then?

Where have you seen Feeder?
  • Visit poster's website
Boxyno1

• Posted: 06/07/2020 22:05
  • Post subject:
Smithy98 wrote:
Boxyno1 wrote:

Which album do you like the most out of the first few then?

Where have you seen Feeder?

From pre 2003, Echo Park and Polythene are my favourites, then Comfort in Sound. Swim and Yesterday Went Too Soon are both good but not quite as good as those in my opinion.

I've seen them in Bristol both times, first time in 2008 and second time in 2016. Although I did see them in 2001 at the Bristol Balloon Fiesta but this was before I knew who they were (I was 13) and they only played a couple of songs.