Genre disambiguation.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
joannajewsom

• Posted: 05/15/2009 21:05
  • Post subject:
I get it now, you were talking about an imaginary internet group that doesn't exist, who casts votes and insists that an album only be labeled by one genre. How is it relevant if it doesn't apply to allmusic or RYM, the two genres at hand? There is no internet group that exists. You're making up groups to denounce their methods that you made up, and all has nothing to do with the conversation. Please come back down to planet earth. Just give up. You were caught spreading falsehoods about RYM. Get over it. You're done.
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 05/15/2009 21:14
  • Post subject:
Repeat I said nothing about RYM, only provided genre quotes there from.

This statement is true: "A vote on a single style label for an album by an internet group of non-experts declaring an album a certain single style when it contains more is fallacious."
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
joannajewsom

• Posted: 05/15/2009 22:07
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Repeat I said nothing about RYM, only provided genre quotes there from.

This statement is true: "A vote on a single style label for an album by an internet group of non-experts declaring an album a certain single style when it contains more is fallacious."

This scenario does not exist. How is that statement relevant to the discussion? Answer me this, does that apply to RYM? If you answer no, which you would if you were honest, then tell me what the hell that statement had to do with anything.

The "truth" of it is meaningless, since it's not happening. A group of non-experts calling a horse a dog because it has four legs is also fallacious, but there are no groups doing this, so who cares about the fallacious nature of it? You're criticizing imaginary internet groups that you made up. At least, that's what you try to make it out as, since you were caught not knowing what the hell you were talking about it. This is pathetic. I really think you're joking with me.

I find it very hard to believe that I made a case for rym over allmusic, and you responded with that, yet you weren't talking about rym. Naples, give it up, please. Wait, seriously, are you joking with me?
  • Visit poster's website
Richie Hunt

• Posted: 05/16/2009 01:34
  • Post subject:
Is this how our 'intelligent' leaders of powerful countries make decisions and debate? No wonder the world has gone to shit... Jewsom, leave it alone, be smarter than wasting your time on this. Surely you have learnt from your previous discussions with RF.
  • Visit poster's website
joannajewsom

• Posted: 05/16/2009 05:04
  • Post subject:
Richie Hunt wrote:
Is this how our 'intelligent' leaders of powerful countries make decisions and debate? No wonder the world has gone to shit... Jewsom, leave it alone, be smarter than wasting your time on this. Surely you have learnt from your previous discussions with RF.

I know, I know. I honestly haven't encountered anyone like RF, in person or on the internet. It's truly fascinating. I mean, the things that he says. The gall to make a claim, have it proven false, and then claim he didn't make it...wow. It amazes me. I'm truly curious as to how this person even functions in real life.
  • Visit poster's website
Richie Hunt

• Posted: 05/16/2009 05:53
  • Post subject:
I think you are the type of person who really wants to understand things, probably a 'thirst for knowledge'. It makes you seem very smart, which im pretty sure is spot on. But being smart also means knowing when to stop... that maybe more wisdom then intellect, but nothing you say will give you the answer you are looking for with RF. RF is just a real strange cat. Brick wall
  • Visit poster's website