revealing mistakes in movies?

View previous topic :: View next topic
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 08/31/2020 03:49
  • Post subject: revealing mistakes in movies?
Name some you can think of.

In The Two Towers when Gandalf is walking through Theodin's hall, in between shots sometimes he is holding his staff straight and other times he's holding it sideways. It switches since they filmed that scene at least twice.
BozoTyrannus

Guyana

• Posted: 08/31/2020 12:21
  • Post subject:
Major continuity errors:

Back to the Future takes place in 1985, but in a later scene one character says it's actually 1955

In Star Wars, the actor playing Luke Skywalker is clearly older than the actor playing his father Anakin Skywalker

Throughout the James Bond movies, if you watch closely you'll notice they sometimes have different people playing the same character

In The Godfather Part II, Vito Corleone isn't even speaking the same language as Michael, even though they're supposed to be related
And make Sean Pean
  • Visit poster's website
NewsFromHome

• Posted: 09/01/2020 04:40
  • Post subject:
There's a glaring one in Taxi Driver. Robert DeNiro is talking to someone in a room, however, when the camera cuts you can see there is no one else in the room. Just a mirror.
AgainstMeAgainstYou

Canada

• Posted: 09/01/2020 17:56
  • Post subject:
Not a joke, my favourite continuity error of all time:

About 30-ish minutes into Dr. No, Bond gets into a brief fight with Quarrel and another character named Pussfeller. Pussfeller and his actor, Lester Pendergast, are Black. However, in the one cutaway of Bond throwing Pussfeller over his shoulder, the stuntman is clearly a white guy. They couldn't find someone on set capable of doing a pratfall who was Black?
  • Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 09/01/2020 18:18
  • Post subject:
AgainstMeAgainstYou wrote:
Not a joke, my favourite continuity error of all time:

About 30-ish minutes into Dr. No, Bond gets into a brief fight with Quarrel and another character named Pussfeller. Pussfeller and his actor, Lester Pendergast, are Black. However, in the one cutaway of Bond throwing Pussfeller over his shoulder, the stuntman is clearly a white guy. They couldn't find someone on set capable of doing a pratfall who was Black?

They probably didn't think the movie would be that popular so they didn't bother with the extra time. Razz
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 09/02/2020 08:28
  • Post subject:
AgainstMeAgainstYou wrote:
my favourite continuity error of all time:

Back in 1962 in England there probably wasn't anyone else on set who was black and possibly no black pro stuntmen available. Also, I didn't realize this till Spyglass' post and checking out Wikipedia, but Dr. No was a pretty low-budget movie, so they cut a lot of corners. This caught my attention:

"...the aquarium in Dr. No's base [is] magnified stock footage of goldfish."
  • Visit poster's website