Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 10/26/2020 12:34
  • Post subject:
I have a question about an album I'm adding to the database:

Gracias Por La Musica by Abba is a re-recording of many of their hits in Spanish to break into markets in Spain, Mexico, and Argentina where they gained surprise popularity.

My question is if this would be considered a compilation? My understanding is that it is all completely new recordings, so it would count as a studio album and NOT a compilation. Wikipedia seems to consider it a compilation (see the template at the bottom of the page).

Currently I don't have the album marked as a compilation, but please let me know what you think! https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=178610
Helios

Chile

• Posted: 06/22/2021 04:49
  • Post subject:
I try to help with album sometimes, but work IRL kills me (lab tests) Crying or Very sad
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
LTSings

United States

• Posted: 09/27/2021 10:09
  • Post subject:
I'm still trying to find out exactly how to add albums. I tried for the first time yesterday and I obviously did something wrong because the albums I tried to add aren't showing up in the database. And there's a lot of stuff I listen to that's missing from this site that I'd like to add.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
theblueboy

• Posted: 09/27/2021 11:49
  • Post subject:
LTSings wrote:
I'm still trying to find out exactly how to add albums. I tried for the first time yesterday and I obviously did something wrong because the albums I tried to add aren't showing up in the database. And there's a lot of stuff I listen to that's missing from this site that I'd like to add.

Welcome to the site Smile You add albums to the site by adding them to your chart. You can type in the details of albums that are not found on the database.
LTSings

United States

• Posted: 09/27/2021 14:39
  • Post subject:
Thanks. I tried and I thought it was working but apparently it wasn't. None of the albums I wanted to add to my chart were in the database, so I tried to add several of them. Maybe I just did something wrong and need to try again. I actually joined a year ago and rated a few albums and then I totally forgot about this site until someone mentioned it to me a few days ago. I think the reason I forgot about this site is probably because so much of what I listen to is missing from the site's database.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
LTSings

United States

• Posted: 09/28/2021 12:35
  • Post subject:
I finally got it to work. I added some albums, now I just have to go back and add images and info to most of them. I've only added an image and info to one so far. It worked but the only thing is, I really don't like having to add an album to my chart in order to add some songs. Many albums have only one track I love and I don't care for the rest of the album. So I have to put an entire album in my chart to add it when I may only love one track and want to add that one track to my favorites. Oh well, I haven't made my album chart public yet. It's my first chart and really kind of a first draft. I'm sure I'll be changing it many times. When I get more satisfied with it I'll make it public. I have very different tastes than most people here, so I had to add a lot of albums that weren't in the database here.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
theblueboy

• Posted: 09/28/2021 14:52
  • Post subject:
LTSings wrote:
I finally got it to work. I added some albums, now I just have to go back and add images and info to most of them. I've only added an image and info to one so far. It worked but the only thing is, I really don't like having to add an album to my chart in order to add some songs. Many albums have only one track I love and I don't care for the rest of the album. So I have to put an entire album in my chart to add it when I may only love one track and want to add that one track to my favorites. Oh well, I haven't made my album chart public yet. It's my first chart and really kind of a first draft. I'm sure I'll be changing it many times. When I get more satisfied with it I'll make it public. I have very different tastes than most people here, so I had to add a lot of albums that weren't in the database here.

Glad it worked this time. Once you have enough points you can add albums you don't like so much on decade and year charts. It takes a bit of time to get the points though.
wizardalien

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/09/2022 19:30
  • Post subject:
happy to help with data moderation if needed. I've been on the site for a couple of weeks now and I think it's brilliant, so anything I can do to help keep it going I'm happy to do as adding track names and album art won't take much of my time. I'd probably find it interesting discovering artists and albums I'd never heard of before.

If I spot anything wrong or missing I will correct it. Also, if you know of any albums that are wrong, send it over to me in a message and I'll take a look when I get a chance.
  • Visit poster's website
dihansse

Belgium

• Posted: 06/02/2023 16:06
  • Post subject:
I have a question on this album:

24 Songs by The Wedding Present

In the course of 2022 The Wedding Present released 12 singles (A and B side), one each month and in 16 December 2022, they compiled this in a vinyl version comprising all 24 songs in one box but still separate in 12 singles sleeves. This version was added as the 24 songs album on BEA where the track order was the order of the different singles.
ON 17 May a new LP version (also available on CD and for streaming), where those 24 tracks were recompiled in a different order together with 5 additional tracks.

See what David Gedge says about it:
https://allabouttherock.co.uk/the-weddi...th-series/
David Gedge says: “When it came to compiling the ‘24 Songs’ album, I decided not to sequence the tracks in chronological order. With six sides of vinyl, you have six ‘beginnings’ and six ‘ends’ to play with, and I felt that the opportunity to build some kind of a musical journey was too good to miss! Listening back to this collection, I have to say that I genuinely believe that, for this project, The Wedding Present have recorded some of the best tracks in our history. I loved releasing the singles, but it’s satisfying to have them all rounded up together.”
What do you think? To me this new version is the final one as the first one was in fact a repackaging of singles? And if so the second question also= should it contain 27 tracks or only the original 24 (as this is also the name of the album).
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 06/02/2023 18:03
  • Post subject:
dihansse wrote:
I have a question on this album:

24 Songs by The Wedding Present

In the course of 2022 The Wedding Present released 12 singles (A and B side), one each month and in 16 December 2022, they compiled this in a vinyl version comprising all 24 songs in one box but still separate in 12 singles sleeves. This version was added as the 24 songs album on BEA where the track order was the order of the different singles.
ON 17 May a new LP version (also available on CD and for streaming), where those 24 tracks were recompiled in a different order together with 5 additional tracks.

See what David Gedge says about it:
https://allabouttherock.co.uk/the-weddi...th-series/
David Gedge says: “When it came to compiling the ‘24 Songs’ album, I decided not to sequence the tracks in chronological order. With six sides of vinyl, you have six ‘beginnings’ and six ‘ends’ to play with, and I felt that the opportunity to build some kind of a musical journey was too good to miss! Listening back to this collection, I have to say that I genuinely believe that, for this project, The Wedding Present have recorded some of the best tracks in our history. I loved releasing the singles, but it’s satisfying to have them all rounded up together.”
What do you think? To me this new version is the final one as the first one was in fact a repackaging of singles? And if so the second question also= should it contain 27 tracks or only the original 24 (as this is also the name of the album).

The BEA stand is always that the original release is the one that should be here. The 24 tracks 2022 release (which I would think should be a compilation) would be the one. It may have been individual singles, but it was released as a box set. The later would be seen as a reissue with bonus tracks.

I would go with the first one.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website