MLB 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/29/2020 17:21
  • Post subject: Re: MLB 2020
CA Dreamin wrote:
The only thing I'm gonna predict is watch out for the Rays, a team notorious for getting off to a fast start (which is all a team needs this year).
The only prediction I made wasn't even a prediction. I had a feeling they were gonna be very good, and they almost won it all. Very impressive for a micro-market team in a division with New York and Boston. And watching their walk-off win against the Yankees in the ALDS made me smile (that's two years in a row Chapman gave up a home run in the playoffs that sent the Yankees home Laughing ).

Of course, the Dodgers winning it all was personally more euphoric. It's not quite like the Phillies winning in 2008 (I'm a Phillies fan first, Dodgers are my #2 team) but this feels good nonetheless. I might get a championship tee. A couple friends I've made here are homegrown Dodger fans who've been waiting their whole lives for this. One of them was in tears.

Mercury, nice of you to suspend your Dodger hatred for the sake of Kershaw. The guy really deserved it, and earned it this year with his two great WS performances. Hopefully the criticism for his playoff history will go away.

As for all you other Dodger-haters, listen to what EyeKanFly is saying. Just like many other fan-bases, most LA fans are cordial and respectful. The media loves to sensationalize the crazies who start fights and shoot people, but they are a small fraction of the overall fan-base. Same thing with the racist Red Sox fans.

RoundTheBend wrote:
Can we make it CA Dreamin?
I missed this post but I would've said yes. I didn't lose hope when the Dodgers were down 2-0 and 3-1 against Atlanta. I knew LA was capable of coming back, given their depth. Plus Atlanta was on fire, playing above their normal level. It was bound to let up at some point.
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 10/29/2020 22:20
  • Post subject:
I'm happy for Mookie, but also still heartbroken, and mad at John Henry for being a cheapskate who's more interested in profit than competing perennially. I'm happy for a bunch of the other Dodgers who are finally getting a title, including Kershaw. I don't mind the Dodgers in general, and they'd be my clear second-favorite team if not for Walter O'Malley. Justin Turner really put a stain on this title and this MLB season, though. What a colossal douchebag.
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 10/29/2020 22:23
CA Dreamin wrote:
As for all you other Dodger-haters, listen to what EyeKanFly is saying. Just like many other fan-bases, most LA fans are cordial and respectful. The media loves to sensationalize the crazies who start fights and shoot people, but they are a small fraction of the overall fan-base. Same thing with the racist Red Sox fans.

They've been leaving the fanbase in droves thanks to the Sox' embrace of BLM, including the massive billboard along the Pike Cool

Good riddance!
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 10/31/2020 18:29
CA Dreamin wrote:

Quite frankly, I don't know if anyone hates the Dodgers more than my Mom. She grew up in Brooklyn and had to watch them move away haha. That said, my grandma was a Washington Senators fan who continued to root for the Twins when they moved to Minnesota.

I will say...Philly fans are nuts. In that they'll spit on you for rooting for the Nats but they'll also boo their own players haha. Even at (fanless) Eagles games, the stadium will pump in virtual booing when the birds make a bad play Laughing

baystateoftheart wrote:
They've been leaving the fanbase in droves thanks to the Sox' embrace of BLM, including the massive billboard along the Pike Cool

Good riddance!

This is good to hear! The diversity among baseball players is probably closest to the US as a whole among the major sporting leagues, I'm happy to hear of Boston's support for the BLM movement.

Congrats to the Dodgers! And congrats to LA for winning 2 championships this year, both well deserved.

Parting thoughts, the season was only 60 games. The Nats record was 26-34. In 2019, their record 60 games in was 27-33 and they ended up winning the World Series. Just some food for thought Wink
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 10/31/2020 22:00
  • Post subject:
Quote:
both well deserved.

lol
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 10/31/2020 22:45
baystateoftheart wrote:

Good riddance!

Hear, hear!!!
  • Visit poster's website