Basketball Megathread (Current Topic: 2023-24 Season)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 01/15/2021 20:52
  • Post subject:
I think I can understand the trade for all sides tbh.
Cavs got too many bigs now, but they'll be looking to trade someone like Drummond or McGee to some desperate team in need of centers (hey, maybe it's gonna be Nets), to add another piece to what's shaping up to be a really promising team (Sexland + Allen). My prediction for them was shit, and based on me not seeing any of their games.
Pacers got Levert for Oladipo. Considering Oladipo struggled to recapture his pre-injury form, I think this is a pretty good deal for them.
Considering the Kyrie drama, the Nets might have felt pressured into making a win or bust move. Why not, now they've got two of the best (if not the best) scorers of the last decade. If Kyrie decides to play, even better. They'll need bigs before playoffs though, Deandre Jordan isn't the man anymore. And it'd be good if Dinwiddie returns before playoffs. I guess that's unlikely?
Rockets did about as well as they could. I figured they could be in for a painful rebuild after Harden (esp. after they got Westbrook before last season), but this is a pretty solid team now, and they've got plenty of picks for it.

On another note, the league is not exactly covering itself in glory with their covid protocols. Everything is so chaotic, and a bit too arbitrary. The teams play vs infected players, but aren't considered close contacts? Teams playing without their stars with 7-8 players sucks to see (Heat really aren't in a good position atm). A lot more cancellations to come I guess. Do you reckon we'll see this season finish as planned?
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 03/31/2021 22:16
  • Post subject:
buyouts suck
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 04/01/2021 01:27
  • Post subject:
Ngl I loved seeing the cringy 12 year olds (and 20 something year olds too tbh) lose their shit when the Nets signed Griffin and Aldridge. Acting like they didn't sign a conundrum of ring chasing vets in the last 2 years. Also shows how little NBA Reddit and Twitter actually know about the game, both of those are big names but in reality they're like 7th and 8th option and won't be a deciding factor in the championship run lol. There's a reason their teams gave up on them. And then as a cherry on top, after 1000th "THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS" post in 5 minutes the Lakers sign Drummond and all of their fans end up looking like hypocrites. Because honestly, Drummond's better than either of the 2 the Nets signed, and Dieng is probably better than him and he was bought out by the Spurs aaand no one cares about that. Sorry to Lakers fans on BEA, I'm sure there's a lot of reasonable ones I just can't stand the bandwagoners and LeStans Laughing

/rant

Sad to see Cousins in the Clippers, that means less minutes for Zubac.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
kokkinos

• Posted: 04/01/2021 21:40
  • Post subject:
Well, it's not the first time this happens. To further emphasise the selective memory/double standards of the fans, just remember the backlash againist the Warriors, which was even bigger than the current one againist the Nets (one team only signed KD, while the other signed KD, Harden, Kyrie, Blake, Jordan, LMA in a space of less than 2 years).
On a more positive note, happy to see the Blazers going in the right direction.
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 04/03/2021 15:12
  • Post subject:
KD deserved a bit of that backlash, not sure about the Warriors who managed to win a ring and have the best ever regular season with their core trio being players they drafted

Anyway I don't like that this might end up being Lakers vs Nets. And then people will shit on Giannis if he crashes out again before getting to the playoffs.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 04/05/2021 23:20
  • Post subject:
Quote:
nd Dieng is probably better than him

• Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 04/05/2021 23:29
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Quote:
nd Dieng is probably better than him

Spurs with Dieng 1-0
Nets with Aldridge 1-1

Facts.

But seriously, Aldridge is 2 times the scorer Dieng is, but he's also 1/3 of a defender Dieng is (and Dieng is not a great defender). That will become a huge issue come playoff time. I love the Claxton guy though, hope he gets more minutes than Aldridge when KD and Harden are back.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 04/05/2021 23:32
  • Post subject:
Aldridge is an average defender on a good night, but he's still a dynamic scoring threat and brings veteran leadership. The people who think he's washed have no idea what washed is. I wonder if this Nets team will be the same as the Lakers with Malone and Payton.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 04/08/2021 10:04
  • Post subject:
Miles Bridges has a new mixtape and it’s apparently not terrible.
https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/miles-br...mp-pardon/

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
BARDAMU

• Posted: 04/14/2021 18:55
  • Post subject:
I hate Kawhi Leonard. I will curse him name until the day I die for leaving. Like the guy in Memento I will tattoo "KAWHI LEONARD RUINED YOUR TEAM" across my chest so I never forget in case I get amnesia.
  • Visit poster's website