Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 06/16/2020 01:14
  • Post subject:
Spyglass wrote:
he went through multiple injuries, caught hypotheria AND pneumonia

This isn't that uncommon when films are shot in very cold and/or rainy conditions and the actor does some of the more physically demanding scenes himself.

Quote:
got scourged and struck by lightning for the second time in his life. Who gets struck by lightning twice? Obviously, some greater power didn't want a movie made about Jesus being brutalized before a horrible death.

That unjust death's a fundamental part of Christianity. Many Christians esteem the movie because the graphic violence heightens the death and resurrection teachings. Don't believe it was god, but it was, it'd be for the film's antisemitism.

I'm an atheist. My father taught me about science and evolution when I was a child, so I became acclimated to the idea of there being no god at an early age. My father was raised Catholic, was an atheist and became a Buddhist in middle-age.
  • Visit poster's website
rockbluesfolkjaz

United States

• Posted: 09/06/2021 16:58
  • Post subject:
I definitely believe in a superior being with knowledge all-knowing and power above-all. However, this being and everything about it/he/she, is way above and beyond our earthly, human abilities of perception.