Scaruffi

View previous topic :: View next topic
theredkrayola

• Posted: 09/16/2021 04:34
  • Post subject: Scaruffi
Hello. I joined both with the aim of reading music discussion and with the aim of promoting my version of "new Scaruffism". Take a look, if you want: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=68307. Parable of Arable Land has usurped Trout Mask Replica at #1, and Way Their Crept is #2. Modern Dance has been replaced with Variations On A Theme. Overrated albums like Irrlicht, The River, and Repeater have been removed entirely.
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 09/17/2021 05:22
  • Post subject: Re: Scaruffi
theredkrayola wrote:
Hello. I joined both with the aim of reading music discussion and with the aim of promoting my version of "new Scaruffism". Take a look, if you want: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=68307. Parable of Arable Land has usurped Trout Mask Replica at #1, and Way Their Crept is #2. Modern Dance has been replaced with Variations On A Theme. Overrated albums like Irrlicht, The River, and Repeater have been removed entirely.

I don't rate charts but I do want to say that yours is very intriguing and would be among my favorites if I did. Many of the selections are favorites or close, plus a few I haven't heard yet. I definitely disagree with Irrlicht being overrated, as well as The River. I'm not as opposed to Repeater if one can call Scaruffi's 9 versus my 7.5-8 means it's overrated (7.5 - 8 is still a very high rating though).
  • Visit poster's website
theredkrayola

• Posted: 09/19/2021 02:06
  • Post subject:
Thanks. I have to confess that the chart is perhaps more of a “personal favorites that Scaruffi slightly underrates” list rather than a list of the albums that I legitimately consider the greatest. Twin infinitives, loveless, rock bottom, trout mask replica, hosianna mantra, the first two velvet underground albums, and spiderland absolutely deserve to make the top 40, and quarantine, Electric wizard, and snailbait don’t (but I do think burnt weeny sandwich and possibly destroy me lover are 9s). And the furry things album is underrated on account of a seeming error: It’s a Scaruffi 8 if you go by the list of reviews from that year, but unfortunately was listed as a 7.5 on the current page by mistake or demotion. The same is the case with Scarce
  • Visit poster's website