Suggest Album Submission

View previous topic :: View next topic
Magcelick

United States

• Posted: 09/14/2021 18:18
  • Post subject: Suggest Album Submission
I can't seem to find out the process of how to suggest an album submission to this website anywhere in the help, so I'm posting here asking how to do so.
theblueboy

• Posted: 09/15/2021 08:01
  • Post subject: Re: Suggest Album Submission
Magcelick wrote:
I can't seem to find out the process of how to suggest an album submission to this website anywhere in the help, so I'm posting here asking how to do so.

If you want to add an album to the site you just need to add it to one of your charts (the album’s data can then be inputed from the edit button on the album page).
Magcelick

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2021 05:03
  • Post subject: Re: Suggest Album Submission
Thank you, here is the newly created submission: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=196129
SD100852

United Kingdom

• Posted: 11/30/2021 00:15
  • Post subject:
Kinda on topic, is there a way you can add albums onto the database without putting them in a chart? Only as I've seen a lot of albums listed on here that aren't in any charts, and was thinking it would be a good way to list the full official discography of an artist if they have releases that are missing from the website when you look at their profiles
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 11/30/2021 00:57
  • Post subject:
SD100852 wrote:
Kinda on topic, is there a way you can add albums onto the database without putting them in a chart? Only as I've seen a lot of albums listed on here that aren't in any charts, and was thinking it would be a good way to list the full official discography of an artist if they have releases that are missing from the website when you look at their profiles

No, but the workaround people use is adding an album to the database via a chart and then editing the chart again to remove the album. Or for people with access to custom charts, making a chart just for additions to the database (sometimes a private one).
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 11/30/2021 01:00
  • Post subject:
SD100852 wrote:

In short, no, but it's not exactly a deterrent. You have to add an album by putting it on a chart, but there's no law it has to stay there. You have room in your decade charts. If you remove them, they just won't have any sort of ranking (0). If there's a few albums you don't spot on here (double check of course) but don't want them on your charts, just add them and remove them from the chart afterwards.
  • Visit poster's website
craab

United States

• Posted: 12/06/2021 23:53
  • Post subject:
Is there a way of changing your user name? Sorry I am an old gen x-er and kind of dumb about these things.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/07/2021 09:21
  • Post subject:
craab wrote:
Is there a way of changing your user name? Sorry I am an old gen x-er and kind of dumb about these things.

Please send me a PM if you'd like to change this
  • Visit poster's website
doombringer

Germany

• Posted: 01/30/2022 12:36
  • Post subject:
Having just finished to add my collection (or rather most of it ) onto this website i found out
i can only add missing albums ( i have a lot ) by reaching Level 5 . I'm at Level 4 now (way off Level 5).
I have at least 80 to 120 albums that are missing in the overall-charts section....
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/31/2022 09:30
  • Post subject:
doombringer wrote:
Having just finished to add my collection (or rather most of it ) onto this website i found out
i can only add missing albums ( i have a lot ) by reaching Level 5 . I'm at Level 4 now (way off Level 5).
I have at least 80 to 120 albums that are missing in the overall-charts section....

Hi doombringer, an easy way of gaining points is to moderate a couple of albums, the points quickly stack up and it helps the site. Alternatively, you can add any 'missing' album by adding it to your greatest album chart.
AM
  • Visit poster's website