Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 02/14/2022 18:51
  • Post subject:
EyeKanFly wrote:
Anyone else enjoy the halftime show? One of the best in recent memory IMO. I think it probably suffered the same criticism that the show usually gets for lip syncing, etc. but despite all that I still thought it was a good time.

Game was solid too, wasn't rooting for either team in particular but it was much better than last year's beatdown

Oh yeah, that was a stellar half time performance. I'll take that over the lowest common denominator performances by Coldplay, Maroon 5, etc.

As it pains me to admit, it was a good game. Very tough to watch as a Browns fan, haha. I was mostly at peace with the whole OBJ thing until the OBJ-Von Miller story got out. That plus the media kicking Cleveland while the city is down has made me pretty bitter towards the NFL for the meantime. Now I'm just glad this season is over.
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 02/14/2022 20:21
  • Post subject:
I literally left the Queen City days before the Super Ball but they were going nuts, guess luck ran out

So when are the chargers going to stop being the Rams cousin that they're forced to take to prom and move to their own city
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/14/2022 20:58
  • Post subject:
Just watched the show.

Gets a thumb's up from me. I wish Kendrick got another song (or at least more m.a.a.d. city time), and the back-to-back Blige felt like an obvious weak spot (kinda wish they booked Missy Elliot instead), but overall it was a blast. Would've been cool if they did some crossover collabs, but oh well. Could've kept watching it honestly— wasn't quite ready for it to end when it did, figured once they were all Avengers-esque assembled on stage they would do a final number together. I understand they had to pick tracks that would be able to somewhat fly on a massive wide-audience broadcast, but something like Nuthin But A G Thang or King Kunta would've been great additions.

But yeah, it was super enjoyable. Snoop's cool as a cucumber delivery was a nice shake up from the typical arena bombasticness.

My prediction for next year— Stevie Wonder or Queen (w/ Lambert and/or vocal guests). I think they'll go a bit more old school.
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 02/14/2022 23:34
  • Post subject:
Enjoyed it yeah, enjoy pretty much everyone who performed for the most part and I didn't know who was performing going into it so an upside 50 Cent was an odd surprise. Covid in our house at the moment so stayed up overnight to have a watch of the Super Bowl, the sport itself I can give or take, feels very slow for what I'm used to and I imagine I'd struggle to watch full games regularly (and that's as someone who watches far far too much sport on a weekly basis), impressive no doubt though, the whole thing's a bit mad, enjoyable but mad!

• Visit poster's website