Yeah, the working class is screwed.
  • Visit poster's website
tigercap

United States

• Posted: 07/08/2022 00:38
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Yeah, the working class is screwed.

Lol. If you're going to think today's left, especially western-world left, is better for working class then you have not been paying attention the past 15 years.
Think policy-effects, nor rhetoric. Smile
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 07/08/2022 03:02
  • Post subject:
tigercap wrote:
Lol. If you're going to think today's left, especially western-world left, is better for working class then you have not been paying attention the past 15 years.

Better than the hyper fundamentalist right? Hell, yeah it is. If you think otherwise you're a lost cause.
  • Visit poster's website
Onj

• Posted: 07/15/2022 04:48
  • Post subject:
tigercap wrote:
I have changed to republican from far left but i'd like to see this guy discuss the grand sweep of history try comparing gavin newsom and Stalin or Hitler that would be funny. I am voting for DeSantis i just moved out of california
MadhattanJack
I mean, metal is okay, but...

United States

• Posted: 07/15/2022 23:40
  • Post subject:
tigercap wrote:

Yeah, you're completely wrong. The "policy effects" of progressive taxation as a means of funding social programs (including job training and other forms of job-creation) for the less-wealthy are quite clear; they're a well-proven means of raising living standards. Maybe more countries should try it, like the United States for example — only that would require majority rule, I guess. The USA is "minority veto," so it's a non-starter, but maybe someday.
  • Visit poster's website
Onj

• Posted: 07/16/2022 15:57
  • Post subject:
MadhattanJack wrote:
tigercap wrote:

Yeah, you're completely wrong. The "policy effects" of progressive taxation as a means of funding social programs (including job training and other forms of job-creation) for the less-wealthy are quite clear; they're a well-proven means of raising living standards. Maybe more countries should try it, like the United States for example — only that would require majority rule, I guess. The USA is "minority veto," so it's a non-starter, but maybe someday.

Yeah posts like this is why i was far left i read stuff like this but then i figured out all most liberals care about is abortion and to a lesser extent gay rights
MadhattanJack
I mean, metal is okay, but...

United States

• Posted: 07/17/2022 00:02
  • Post subject:
Onj wrote:
Yeah posts like this is why i was far left i read stuff like this but then i figured out all most liberals care about is abortion and to a lesser extent gay rights

I'm not disagreeing with you, because they do genuinely care about that stuff in most cases, but regardless they have to put it "out front" to maintain the coalition. Liberals/progressives are more naturally fractious than conservatives, so that's another built-in disadvantage in spite of their greater numbers.

If you look at actual proposed legislation though, it's not even a contest. Liberals continue to work hard at this while "conservatives" aren't even pretending to try at this point. And conservatives are just as bad (if not worse) when it comes to culture-war issues, like which bathrooms a transgender person should be allowed to use, or whether or not Dr. Seuss books should be kept in print even though nobody is buying them anymore. Not to mention that they're always the ones trying to restrict people's rights, not the other way around.

I probably shouldn't participate in threads like this though, as I can sometimes get a bit wound up.
  • Visit poster's website