0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes : 6

Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 06/13/2022 02:46
  • Post subject:
cestuneblague wrote:
Well that was... anti-climactic. Don't really have a horse in this race, I guess I'll go Avalanche to shake things up a bit. Shocking there hasn't been a three-peat since the early 80s.

I'm not sure how this'll play out.

Legit 50/50.
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 06/28/2022 23:11
  • Post subject:
junodog4 wrote:
I'm really looking forward to this year. Loads of potential storylines, and tonnes of parity.

My misguided predictions:

EAST

1. TB - ...but not by a huge margin. They'll get off to a slow start. You can't argue with Point, Kucherov, Hedman, Vasilievskiy, Stamkos, etc...
2. Tor - Great regular season team. Let's see if they can do anything in the playoffs. 60 goals for Matthews?
3. Phi - As long as Hart gets his head back. Too much depth to count out. Everything went wrong last year.
4. Fla - Will put it all together this year.
5. NYR - I think they'll have a solid year, but flame out in the playoffs. Tonnes of young legs.
6. Bos - Can never count out the team with the 'perfection line'.
7. NYI - Ugh. So boring. I guess it works?
8. Car - If they get the goaltending, watch out.

9. Was - Age is finally catching up to them. Chemistry will become an issue with Kuznetsov, Wilson, etc...
10. Ott - Will take a big step forward this year, but fall short.

11. CLB - Not as bad as people might think, but not a contender either.
12. NJ - Blackwood's vaccine issues will hold them back. A shame.
13. Pit - As a Flyers fan, it delights me to say that the door has closed on this team.
14. Mtl - It's midnight for Cinderella.
15. Det - Still not there yet.
16. Buf - Will having Eichel return help or hurt this team?

WEST

1. Col - Class of the league. Depth and gamebreakers throughout. Cup favourite.
2. LV - This is their best chance, and they won't get ahead of Colorado.
3. Wpg - Darkhorse. Best goalie in NHL.
4. Edm - Ugh. Hate these guys, but they have superlative talent, and are fixing their depth. Goal is a potential issue with old man Smith. Still have shit management.
5. Cgy - Battle of Alberta is back. Edm should have the edge, but Flames are more balanced.
6. Van - Could be very dangerous.
7. Min - Heading in the right direction, finally.
8. - STL - Still have enough to compete.

9. LA - The Ottawa of the West. Loads of young talent.
10. - Chi - Retooling well.

11. Ana - Will be much better, but still at least 1 year away.
12. Dal - Will struggle to score.
13. Nsh - Will really struggle to score.
14. Sea - LOVE this team brand. I hope Liam Neeson is at the home opener. "RELEASE THE KRAKEN"
15. SJ - Hot mess. Kane is such a tool.
16. Ari - How does this team not move? Must be so hard to be a fan of such unwillingness to compete.

So I was off on a few (Flyers, NYI, Vegas, Wpg), but I'd say this was OK prognosticating. Hope the Avalanche can keep the core together for awhile. Makar is the best D man I've seen in a generation (not to mention how ridiculous McDavid was in the first 2 rounds).

Any big wishes for the offseason? I'm hoping for loads of moves, but no stupid contracts (even Edmonton)
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 07/04/2022 18:40
  • Post subject:
yeah it's going to be interesting, if the Oilers can finally add strong defenseman now that expectations are a lot higher, if the Habs (or the Golden Knights) decide to blow it up, if the Islanders make any moves at all, if the Devils trade their #2 pick, and how the Lightning can address the cap situation. the Kraken probably aren't going to make a whole lot of moves but have like 12-13 picks this draft so they've got a great chance to add a lot of young talent. Should be a fun offseason overall.
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 07/04/2022 20:10
  • Post subject:
i'm excited for the draft. i can't think of a year in recent memory with less "consensus" between public rankings, bob mckenzie's poll, and the general public. i hope there's at least some degree of chaos in montreal on draft day, whether that's montreal drafting juraj slafkovský or logan cooley, new jersey trading their second, pavel mintyukov going before david jiříček, lian bichsel cracking the top ten, or brad lambert falling out of the first round... there could be some exciting narratives thursday night.
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 07/08/2022 08:27
  • Post subject:
i asked for chaos. i got chaos. first overall, juraj slafkovský. nemec second. go slovakia. wright staring down the canadiens for not drafting him. chicago tearing everything down and getting a solid kickstart on their rebuild with korchinski, nazar, and rinzel. lambert didn’t quite fall out of the first, but it came close. et cetera et cetera. this may be the craziest draft I’ve ever followed. i liked what anaheim did with their multiple picks as well. that’s going to be a fun team to watch in three years with mctavish, zegras, drysdale, mintyukov, gaucher, et cetera et cetera.
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 07/11/2022 22:47
  • Post subject:
Yes, the right kind of insane for a draft like this. The habs had a strong draft both in picks and trades, Chef-Klosky was a definite favorite who I actually was hoping would slip to the Kraken, but I love the drafting equivilant of a neutral-zone slap shot here, the idea of him, Suzuki and Caufield as a front line is an amazing thought to behold. I and other kraken fans were indeed shocked and overjoyed to see Wright fall to 4, probs fell because teams didn't see him as a future superstar but I really like the idea of him and Beniers as their future first line. The sabres got a steal in Savoie, looks like third time might be the charm for a rebuild. No Idea what the Islanders are doing, though.

yeah free agency is going to be interesting, especially seeing what the likes of Oilers, Maple Leafs, Rangers, Devils, Stars are going to do, and if the Golden Knights are going to blow it up before the cap cripples them. Looks like the Canadiens are avoiding a rebuild with the Dach trade (among other moves) and hope the Kraken can get some defense, and the Islanders do... something. The Oilers will make a stupid trade, that's for certain, but hopefully make a host of other good moves behind the blue line to make up for it.
  • Visit poster's website