7. Charli XCX
6. DJ Stingray 313
5. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
4. DJ Harvey
3. Jenny Hval
2. Equiknoxx
1. Pavement

Sounds like a blast Smile

Thought I would go in 2018 but it the dates never quite worked out. Shocked Nick Cave is actually on stage right now, but it's cool to hear Pavement's still got it.
  • Visit poster's website
LTSings

United States

• Posted: 07/17/2022 00:46
  • Post subject:
I got to listen to an interview with my favorite singer, Lauren Talley, on a podcast today. I really enjoyed it. https://open.spotify.com/episode/39QNE2...Qe8H70oENw
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 09/27/2022 23:19
  • Post subject:
https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-an...the-1990s/

Pitchfork's 250 best songs of the 90s.

They have... changed Neutral

(It's not an awful list, but order is bizarre)

Least a solid 50 I don't think I've heard before though. Going to do some digging.
  • Visit poster's website
theblueboy

• Posted: 09/28/2022 14:13
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/the-best-songs-of-the-1990s/

Pitchfork's 250 best songs of the 90s.

They have... changed Neutral

(It's not an awful list, but order is bizarre)

Least a solid 50 I don't think I've heard before though. Going to do some digging.

Thanks Hayden- interesting list. Be nice if they playlisted these things as there is a lot I have not heard or don’t remember, but I couldn’t find one.

Some cool inclusions and (very) surprising ones too, but I quite enjoyed scrolling through.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 09/28/2022 14:20
  • Post subject:
theblueboy wrote:

Thanks Hayden- interesting list. Be nice if they playlisted these things as there is a lot I have not heard or don’t remember, but I couldn’t find one.

Some cool inclusions and (very) surprising ones too, but I quite enjoyed scrolling through.

I looked for one last night without avail. Ended up hitting play on about a dozen I didn't recognize, but turns out I knew all of them (just not what they were called / the artist, etc). The 90s definitely had some fantastic one-hit wonders. Ended by hitting play on Dummy and letting that spin.

Anywho, their album list dropped this morning: https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-an...the-1990s/

Apart from the ridiculous snub of Ágætis byrjun, it's a great list (albeit a bit more standard than the songs one). Think there's about 20-25 I haven't heard, may as well add a few to the queue.

Very happy with the #1.

Last edited by Hayden on 09/28/2022 14:29; edited 2 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
theblueboy

• Posted: 09/28/2022 14:26
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
theblueboy wrote:

I looked for one last night without avail. Ended up hitting play on about a dozen I didn't recognize, but turns out I knew all of them (just not what they were called / the artist, etc). The 90s definitely had some fantastic one-hit wonders. Ended by hitting play on Dummy and letting that spin.

Anywho, their album list dropped this morning: https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-an...the-1990s/

Apart from the ridiculous snub of Ágætis byrjun, it's a great list (albeit a bit more standard than the songs one). Think there's about 20-25 I haven't heard, may as well add a few to the queue.

Oh cool on the other list.

Funnily enough, I also thought of playing Dummy immediately after scrolling through. Mainly because they went with Sour Times over Glory Box and that surprised me a bit. But good inclusion either way I guess.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 09/28/2022 14:30
  • Post subject:
theblueboy wrote:
Hayden wrote:
theblueboy wrote:

Oh cool on the other list.

Funnily enough, I also thought of playing Dummy immediately after scrolling through. Mainly because they went with Sour Times over Glory Box and that surprised me a bit. But good inclusion either way I guess.

That's why I did it! Shocked

I mean, I know the album, I know Sour Times, but I just figured, huh— I then I hit play.
  • Visit poster's website
Mophos

Canada

• Posted: 09/28/2022 15:58
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

Very happy with the #1.

That's because Ágætis byrjun is included in their 2000s list, although I'm not sure why as it was released in 1999...
  • Visit poster's website
MadhattanJack
I mean, metal is okay, but...

United States

• Posted: 09/28/2022 19:15
  • Post subject:
Mophos wrote:
That's because Ágætis byrjun is included in their 2000s list, although I'm not sure why as it was released in 1999...

They must be refusing to go along with the Discogs date...? They (and most other sites) have it as 1999 because it was released in Iceland a few months earlier than the rest of the world. That was one of the problems with the Icelandic music biz in general really, it just took a lot of extra time in the winter months to ship things out by longboat, so by the time the albums got to the shops in the US and Europe, the pre-release single would have already dropped out of the charts. Could've been worse though — the first Björk album took almost 20 years to get reach the rest of the world because there was an axe-fight on one of the boats and the master tapes got chopped up in the ensuing melée.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 09/29/2022 00:19
  • Post subject:
MadhattanJack wrote:
They (and most other sites) have it as 1999 because it was released in Iceland a few months earlier than the rest of the world. That was one of the problems with the Icelandic music biz in general really, it just took a lot of extra time in the winter months to ship things out by longboat, so by the time the albums got to the shops in the US and Europe, the pre-release single would have already dropped out of the charts. Could've been worse though — the first Björk album took almost 20 years to get reach the rest of the world because there was an axe-fight on one of the boats and the master tapes got chopped up in the ensuing melée.

Nice try Wink

That's just the plot to The Northman.
  • Visit poster's website