14%
 14%  [1]
Get him with a "Piece of Metal"
42%
 42%  [3]
Should be an executive Arbitration Hearing
14%
 14%  [1]
I'm a corporate sychophant and I love 'em and the valube contributions he's made to Baseball
14%
 14%  [1]
Who's your daddy?
14%
 14%  [1]
Total Votes : 7

mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 10/05/2022 02:11
  • Post subject:
My friend is flipping out about the Mariners in our discord lmao
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 10/07/2022 22:22
  • Post subject:
CA Dreamin wrote:
cestuneblague wrote:
Mariners Clinch!!!!!!!
Phillies too! The two longest postseason droughts have ended.

Yeah I forgot how brutal the decade was for the Phillies, I remember the utley-howard-rollins-victorino-hamels core like it was yesterday, and ofc the "Dream Rotation" of 2011 and those Always Sunny episodes. They really held up better across the season than I expected, even with Bryce missing time, and wow what a comeback today. Wonder if it would be worth it to try and swing a big trade for Trout in the offseason.

Anyways looking back I was way off with the American league, Boston jumped right back in that dumpster fire and The White Sox were lackluster all year (and really should've addressed their weaknesses in the off-season). The Yankees were great until the trade deadline and now I'm not so sure, Guardians peaking at the right time despite their age. Mostly right with the other teams (M'S clinch!), though Orioles really shocked everybody and I admit I was a bit peeved they stole a lot of the Mariners thunder this fall, but they are stacked for a long widow of contention even in the toughest division with all that talent, and they can dip into the farm system to get an impact player as well.

The National League I was more accurate, I guess, obviously the Brewers didn't quite dominanate but they hung in there, the Dodgers seem like the odds on favorite but I donno the Braves are pretty great too (and tested) and if the Mets rotation stays healthy that's going to be a near- impossible task.

But should be a fun playoffs, for shits and giggles I take the Mets over the Astros for the world series.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/11/2022 15:27
  • Post subject:
My preseason predictions were about 50/50. I nailed the NL East, swing and a miss on the AL Central. Other division predictions were mixed. My updated August predictions were more accurate but of course I had much better perspective by then.

As for my wild card predictions, I never got around to posting them here because I was super busy in early Oct, then I went on vacation, and just got home yesterday. Didn't see any games this past weekend. Anyway I was 2/4 on Wild Card predictions. I correctly predicted my fightin' Phils over Mercury's Cardinals. Philly has better starting pitching, which counts more in a 3-game series. Plus STL played in a terrible division so I figured their record and run differential were a bit inflated. But my other NL prediction was wrong. Sorry meccalecca, I thought your team would convincingly defeat SD. On the AL side, I correctly predicted the Guardians over the Rays. CLE got hot at the right time, and too many injuries for TB. And finally, while I was rooting for cestuneblague, I thought the Jays were the stronger team and predicted they would win. But hey, I'm not complaining!

Now for the Division series.

ATL over PHI, 3-2. Of course I want my Phillies to win but ATL is simply stronger all-around.

LA over SD, 3-0. The Dods dominated the Pads all season long and I don't see this series being any different. Go Dodgers!

CLE over NYY, 3-2 The Guardians are certainly hot right now (24-6 over their last 30 games), while the Yanks didn't have a great finish (an even 29-29 over their last 58 games). NY is the better, more experienced team on paper, but I'll go with the hot hand.

HOU over SEA, 3-1. Making this prediction with my head, not my heart. The Astros are an excellent team and they've been to the ALCS every year since 2017. Hard to predict against a team with such deep talent and experience.
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 10/11/2022 20:01
  • Post subject:
Half of what will make this postseason acceptable to me has happened.

Nolan Arenado has still won more playoff games as a Colorado Rockie (1) than he has with the Cardinals (0). He's hitting .160 career in the postseason. That's what you get when you use the multiyear contract your team handed you to burn them to the ground a year later because they were "not committed to winning". May Nolan NEVER win another playof game.

Now...if someone can just eliminate the Dodgers...then I can have a peaceful winter...
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 10/11/2022 22:39
  • Post subject:
That second game against the Blue Jays was insane. Completely makes up for the 9-run leads squandered the M's had a couple of weeks ago. On the opposite side, it was tough to see the Mets get shallacked like that, but they definitely were more vulnerable than they seemed on paper due to shaky health. The phillies also were a nice surprise, though it was rather anticlimactic and to an otherwise perfect final season for Pujols and Molina. The Guardians beating the reeling Devil Rays was not a surprise, though a 15 inning, 1-run-total game was definitely... something.

Anyways on to the divisional series, M's cruising all the way HEY.
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 10/12/2022 04:37
  • Post subject:
... and 'effin hey-zeus Krighst that was tough to watch, I guess what goes up must come down
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/18/2022 23:43
  • Post subject:
Crazy Divisional Series in NL. Padres over the Dodgers is one biggest upsets in sports history. I was so off in my Divisional Series predictions, I'll abstain from predicting the next round. I'll just say let's go Phillies!
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 10/29/2022 00:17
  • Post subject:
Let's go Phillies!
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 10/29/2022 01:31
  • Post subject:
Yeah I'm on the Phillies hype train like it's 2009, then again they're up against the Astros. But gonna be a blast regardless, gonna be in Philly when the series comes back to Citizen's Bank so should be a merry, drunken, brawling time.
  • Visit poster's website
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 10/29/2022 19:06
  • Post subject:
Absolutely stellar game 1. I'm a Nats fan but I feel like the hype and vibe for the Phillies seriously rivals the Nats' 2019 postseason and WS win. Verlander had a near-flawless first 3+ innings, I almost threw in the towel and changed the channel to a Halloween movie, but boy am I glad I stuck around.

Go Phillies, I think most Nats fans are rooting for you (although mainly just to spite the Astros)