Random chat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1279, 1280, 1281 ... 1283, 1284, 1285  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 02/19/2023 16:00
  • Post subject:
beautiful and sentimental (in the best way) post, buddy! The feeling is mutual and shared here by myself.

Looking forward to seeing the roll out of some of those classic charts.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 02/19/2023 18:34
  • Post subject:
I don't recall if we ever interacted through these forums, but anybody whose pic is a brave little toaster is fine in my book Cool
  • Visit poster's website
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 02/22/2023 15:09
  • Post subject:
KitchenSink wrote:
This month marks a damn decade I've been a part of this site.

I don't want to wax poetic about what I realize is at the end of the day a forum for music nerds, and I know these days I'm here fleetingly at best, but looking back on when I first joined this site, an insecure high schooler in the middle of what I now understand to be some profoundly traumatic life stuff... I think BEA and the people I got to meet here, those few years of having this place as an outlet, of finding this array of interesting and similarly music-obsessed characters to talk and argue and joke and give/receive new music from, it all ended up being I think genuinely Important for me. In the midst of what was, to be honest, an incredibly unstable and frankly confusing adolescence, those turntable.fm/plug.dj sessions, the random forum games, the getting tailored recommendations for what would ultimately become life-changing music, it was something that made a certain kind of sense to me at a time when very little did. I consider many of you genuine friends (online or otherwise), even if I'm rarely great at keeping in touch (sorry about that, and on that note, please feel free to reach out even if we haven't talked in ages, am always down to catch up). Appreciate you all. And albummaster thank you for keeping this place afloat for so long now implement the paid account feature already so I can throw money at you :p

Totally second this, this year marks a decade since I've joined BEA and well the impact it had on my life and my love of music in general is unthinkable. Love to all my brothers in the skype/discord channels that always kept up with the releases and always receieved me too well wherever I went.

It's funny because I didn't have any prior internet interaction before BEA, so this was the genuine first place where I trully made online friends and got to known their lives and share stories etc. When I think about it, it's funny how much I lived in BEA in my peak era (between 2013-2016) and how much I used to come here day by day, commenting in every forum and etc, and this interaction with the forums made me feel less alone during high school, a time when it was truly hard to live being me. So yeah, I don't plan on leaving anytime soon, and sometimes I wish I could still come back more and dialogue and interact with you on plug(RIP) or other ways of playing online music, but yeah, thanks I guess, here's for another 10 years of craziness and lots of music. Love you all, you crazy diamonds
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 03/24/2023 18:57
  • Post subject:
I too often feel nostalgic about that period of BEA. Lot of people who've moved on from the hobby, hope they are all doing well.
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 03/24/2023 22:09
  • Post subject:
Litty lengy kreux.
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 03/24/2023 22:23
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Litty lengy kreux.

• Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 03/28/2023 17:55
  • Post subject:
I was in school when I joined and now I'm married in my 30's, feels weird.

I still jump in here sporadically when I've something to say (though I'm usually stealing album recs behind the scenes on a daily basis), bit weird seeing so many people come and go, it's been 12 years now which is mind-blowing to me. This place means a lot really, was always welcoming at much tougher and stressful times of my life.

• Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 03/29/2023 12:45
  • Post subject:
Patman360 wrote:
I was in school when I joined and now I'm married in my 30's, feels weird.

I still jump in here sporadically when I've something to say (though I'm usually stealing album recs behind the scenes on a daily basis), bit weird seeing so many people come and go, it's been 12 years now which is mind-blowing to me. This place means a lot really, was always welcoming at much tougher and stressful times of my life.

Congrats, Patman! That's awesome!!! Party

I think it's been almost nine years for me! I was in Malaysia at a Qigong healing center. Pretty much the suburbs of Kuala Lumpar. This site gave me a much needed social outlet and something to geek out about when I wasn't practicing.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 03/29/2023 13:32
  • Post subject:
You are one of the many reasons I maintained interest in this site, Repo, so I'm just going to put that out there. Wonderful forum presence and awesome person, I'm glad we get to hang out here.
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 03/29/2023 14:19
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
You are one of the many reasons I maintained interest in this site, Repo, so I'm just going to put that out there. Wonderful forum presence and awesome person, I'm glad we get to hang out here.

Love
  • Visit poster's website