American Road Trip Plans/Questions

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 01/11/2012 22:47
  • Post subject:
weedygonsalez wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:
This all sounds dangerous. I mean, you're driving a van into a festival for of people and are in a lot of trouble if it gets nicked. Then there are all these people taking drugs and drinking in a field of thousands of people. You know, some of these people might have knives. What is the point of going anyway? You will have to sleep in a tent and there will be mud everywhere.

You just described the entire point of a music festival experience and tried very hard to make it sound bad.

Would such a thing appeal to you?
weedygonsalez

• Posted: 01/11/2012 22:54
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
weedygonsalez wrote:
an_outlaw wrote:
This all sounds dangerous. I mean, you're driving a van into a festival for of people and are in a lot of trouble if it gets nicked. Then there are all these people taking drugs and drinking in a field of thousands of people. You know, some of these people might have knives. What is the point of going anyway? You will have to sleep in a tent and there will be mud everywhere.

You just described the entire point of a music festival experience and tried very hard to make it sound bad.

Would such a thing appeal to you?

I don't do drugs or carry a knife, but yes. Thousands of people gathering to listen to music and not give a shit about much else is a dirty, visceral, thrilling and exhausting experience. Road trip there is icing on the cake.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 01/11/2012 23:04
  • Post subject:
I can't really see the appeal myself. The whole fact most are in fields is what I find off putting.

I wouldn't want to play at one either. I have heard terrible things that happen to some people on stage.