Blind Testing on the net

View previous topic :: View next topic
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 10/02/2009 16:47
  • Post subject: Blind Testing on the net
Hello ! Got into online blindtests a year and a half ago, and I was wondering whether anyone knew cool sites.

The one I'm actually playing on is really good, with as many various rooms as you can wish for, but it's French, and therefore is quite hard if you haven't any clue about French music.
I'll advertise it anyway, because it's got a few rooms anyone wishing to have a go around here could try. There's an English version as well, but it's not as complete I reckon.

French site includes rooms :
Facile ("easy"),
Tubes ("hits"),
Variété Française, ("Chanson"),
Pop/Rock (for fairly recent rock/emo bands, not my cup of tea),
Rap/RnB/Soul (for the most obvious commercial stuff, French included),
Dessins Animés ("Cartoons", not for me :p),
Années 90 (90s), 80s, 70s, 60s (cool rooms but too many French sounds for the people around here I guess - you might want to have a go 60s & 70s, which comprise all the classics everybody loves around here),
Classic Rock (60s & 70s mainly, good room)
Bides (the worst of the worst in music, very often French I must admit to my dismay :p),
Rock (once again, fairly recent stuff),
US Rap (great room ! all the best are in there),
Hard/Metal,
French Rap (good luck :p),
Nouvelle Scène Française (forget it ^^),
Classique ("Classical", very good room, terribly hard as well),
20s to 50s
Tous Genres (randomly picking any song from any room - terribly difficult but the challenge is fascinating),
Soul/Funk (great stuff in there, nothing French I promise),
Dance/Electro (very good room, but there's quite a lot of "French Touch" and "French Touch 2.0" (Justice and stuff) in there),
Folk & Singer-songwriters (EXCELLENT room, very few French stuff, all-time classics and later stuff such as Newsom, Cat Power, St Vincent or anything you could think of really, definitely my favourite),
Jazz/Blues (good room, challenging though),
Reggae/Ragga/Ska (too many f***ing French reggae in there for my own taste. French reggae is the worst music ever).

US site includes rooms : Hits, Rock, Hard/Metal, Country, Rap & Hip-hop (not as good as the "Rap US" room on the French side), R&B, Pop, Dance-House-Electro.

To swap from the French site to the US, just click on the flags on upper right corner.

Oh, and yeah, the site's name is http://en.massivemusicquiz.com/, and if you ever try your luck in there, I go by the name of Norman Bates there as well Smile

All in all, the best blind test site I've been able to find (Only one major problem : the excerpts being 30 seconds long, and due to copyright laws, you can't find any Beatles songs on the site. It's a crying shame.), but if you know good ones, I'm in !
  • Visit poster's website