2 Weeks Into BEA and The_Poe Was Right

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
satiemaniac

• Posted: 04/02/2014 16:18
  • Post subject:
Borve wrote:
the April fools joke was terrible (from idea to execution)

it is an April Fool's joke... not sure if there's a way to make something like that very incisive or interesting

and i guess if there is something to be discussed and we wanna be rude about things, the three jazz albums you've so meticulously placed among your intellect-rock picks in your top 10 are horrible representations of the genre that conform to the tastes of the first white people to sit down and decide jazz was an intellectual tradition to be institutionalized at university music programs and treated as an Art Market the way classical performances have been reduced to fucking CD review books but i think it's easier to just put you on ignore. have a good one!

• Posted: 04/02/2014 20:20
  • Post subject:
satiemaniac wrote:
it is an April Fool's joke... not sure if there's a way to make something like that very incisive or interesting

and i guess if there is something to be discussed and we wanna be rude about things, the three jazz albums you've so meticulously placed among your intellect-rock picks in your top 10 are horrible representations of the genre that conform to the tastes of the first white people to sit down and decide jazz was an intellectual tradition to be institutionalized at university music programs and treated as an Art Market the way classical performances have been reduced to fucking CD review books but i think it's easier to just put you on ignore. have a good one!

The venom and aggression in this response strongly suggests that your original post wasn't really satirical at all but a true reflection of what you actually think. Or are you just looking for a fight?

You don't have to verbally attack or sneer at people who ask you a question, make an observation or state their opinion, you know. Not everyone is out to get you.
satiemaniac

• Posted: 04/02/2014 20:25
  • Post subject:
as I said in the BEA Support thread, I'm going through some shit lately that is clearly making me unable to hold my tongue as well as I would like to while also making my skin so thin as to be transparent. I'm gonna take this as a cue to cool down for a bit and stay away from here (except for that listening journal that I'm excited to put together) for awhile. sorry to whomever for whatever
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 04/02/2014 21:19
  • Post subject:
satiemaniac wrote:
as I said in the BEA Support thread, I'm going through some shit lately that is clearly making me unable to hold my tongue as well as I would like...

So... you're acknowledging that the "joke" was consistent with your true attitude?
satiemaniac

• Posted: 04/02/2014 21:21
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
So... you're acknowledging that the "joke" was consistent with your true attitude?

not at all, but my snide response to the snide response above was pretty genuine. just wanted to clarify that I don't hate the world or anything but for real break time okay
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 04/02/2014 21:22
  • Post subject:
Yes because responding ill to a comment that was basically "dude you arent funny shut up" is out of line. Neutral
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 04/02/2014 21:27
  • Post subject:
Gowienczyk wrote:
Yes because responding ill to a comment that was basically "dude you arent funny shut up" is out of line. Neutral

I read it more as 'this joke isn't funny, explain' responded to with 'your chart sucks and your taste in music is shit'.

Last edited by Guest on 04/02/2014 21:29; edited 1 time in total
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 04/02/2014 21:29
  • Post subject:
satiemaniac wrote:
not at all, but my snide response to the snide response above was pretty genuine.

Yeah, if that's the real you, I'm not going to miss you.
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 04/02/2014 21:30
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:

You seem to be vocalizing an antagonistic persona lately, are you okay? Genuine curiosity, you've been verbally hostile.
  • Visit poster's website
satiemaniac

• Posted: 04/02/2014 21:38
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:

oh, fuck off. that's the real everyone. just because you treat this place like it's some business party where everyone grits their teeth and throws back their alcohol to enjoy themselves 'cause they can't look bad in front of the boss doesn't mean that no one else lets off steam on the fucking internet.

I
AM
IN
A
BAD
PLACE

I
AM
TAKING
A
BREAK

I don't need to be told by some fucking Internet person that this is "the real me." I apologize that I don't have 6000 posts under my belt so I can be a direct asshole like other posters (real folks, big ups to them) here and not have the fucking cavalry run in to pick me off. I am trying to be straight up and explain that I am not happy and that these feelings don't have anything to do with any of your fucking business and that my expressions while in this mood are not genuine, but you are coming from a pretty shitty place in response. I'm sorry your Grand Melodrama as of late is more important than mine and that I choose to be honest about my feelings and try to walk off and calm down and for whatever reason you choose to provoke me.

And I'm sure the response will be, just like for Brandon, "OH TEENAGERS HAHA!" but this kind of provocation is all I could expect from a fucking frat star-ass fucked up teenager with a natty lite in one hand and a torn tank top in the other. Looks like I'll be leaving more permanently. Give my listening journal spot to spacetiger so he can extend his venting while hypocritically having no capacity for others'.