Long time guest, first time member.

View previous topic :: View next topic
kinglyostrich

United States

• Posted: 05/12/2014 05:46
  • Post subject: Long time guest, first time member.
I've been visiting the sight for a long time just for recommendations of albums and I would just write the rating down in my phone. But today I decided to make an account and share my ratings/reviews. I would love to hear feedback on my chart and if anyone has albums or artists they would like to recommend me I'm all ears.
  • Visit poster's website
Silver

• Posted: 05/12/2014 05:57
  • Post subject:
Welcome, welcome, hope you enjoy your stay here. Solid chart so far, nothing too surprising but not your typical Rolling Stone top 500 inflected chart that a lot of people make. Plus, I love seeing Deathconsciousness in any chart.

My immediate recommendations would be Galaxie 500, Red House Painters, Stereolab, and Talk Talk. All of them are pretty well-loved around here and they come from a place of strong love for me, seeing as they're all in my top ten.

Also to make your life easier, when you're posting and you want to put an album that you're listening to or just want to put up for whatever reason, use the insert BEA link function at the top right of the posting layout. You'll see it right near the youtube and URL buttons, all you have to do is type in the name of what album you want to post like you're searching for it and it'll put a image of the album art and a link to its page as a nice convenient thing.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 05/12/2014 06:00
  • Post subject:
Welcome welcome! Thought for a second there you were going for a White Lies reference in your title, but it's alright, that's not even a great song of theirs Smile Enjoy your stay, hope its a long one!

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/12/2014 06:37
  • Post subject:
Love the avatar.
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 05/12/2014 10:25
  • Post subject:
Welcome to the site, stick around and get involved!

With regards to the Rolling Stone Top 500 though, it's so much better than people give it credit for. I've been working through it recently for nostalgic purposes and the amount of albums I've discovered in the bottom 100 alone that are great and weren't big on BEA is ridiculous. Sure the top 100 is a bit predictable and nothing too exciting but it's still a good starting point for getting into albums and beyond that there are some serious gems to be found.

• Visit poster's website