Last concert you went to

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 04/12/2018 14:33
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
Just saw Marc Ribot's Ceramic Dog on Monday night.

jelly
mdbaxter

United States

• Posted: 04/12/2018 14:46
  • Post subject:
Roger Waters in Boston. Great show. He had a giant screen in spanning the whole arena for Animals songs.
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 04/23/2018 03:23
  • Post subject:
Just saw Unknown Mortal Orchestra in Northampton, MA. They were kicking off their tour in support of their new LP "Sex & Food." It was my first time seeing them, and this was the first time they performed a lot of the new songs live. The vocals were soulful, the guitars were heavy, and it was a really fun show. Recommend if you get a chance.
CharlieBarley

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/27/2018 22:14
  • Post subject:
Saw the Waterboys at Bournemouth Pavilion last night. Mike Scott and the band were on top form with their usual mix of folk numbers and rockin' numbers.

One big omission though - they never did Fishermans Blues. I was waiting all night for it. Its my favourite song of his and the one that got me into them in the first place. They did The Whole of the Moon, of course, and A Girl called Jonny. They also didn't do And A Bang On The Ear.

But overall it was a good gig.
And they did a stonking cover of Prince's Purple Rain.
  • Visit poster's website
dihansse

Belgium

• Posted: 04/28/2018 05:31
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
Just saw Marc Ribot's Ceramic Dog on Monday night. Such an incredible and bizarre show. Probably Marc's most aggressive project. It's rare to see musicians of such a high caliber play kind of intentionally sloppy.

http://meccalecca.com/?p=36562

And the new album just came out yesterday and is absolutely great with also a kind of sloppiness and experimentality in its sound but it just all blends together.

Yru Still Here? by Marc Ribot's Ceramic Dog
  • Visit poster's website
LittleM1971

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/20/2018 12:43
  • Post subject:
Enjoyed watching Swervedriver perform both Raise & Mezcal Head last night in Leicester, we also got ‘Never losing That Feeling’ during the encore as well.
  • Visit poster's website
dihansse

Belgium

• Posted: 05/21/2018 14:15
  • Post subject:
I saw Sophia yesterday and it was great again. The singer Robin Proper-Shepard was The God Machine which was more industrial alternative but some way or another his current band Sophia catches on less in Anglo-Saxon countries and he's mainly popular in Belgium, Holland and Germany which is a real pity.
I can't recommend enough their live album of last year:

As We Make Our Way (The Live Recordings) by Sophia
which is in about the same atmosphere as yesterday's concert, which means somewhat harder edged than the usual works with some really overwhelming guitar storms. Anybody who doesn't know them and likes a bit what I like as well is very much recommended to check this one out. If you are not extremely touched by I Left You you are a hard rock (I am sometimes too Wink )

The support band was a Belgian band, Bonfire Lakes, which I didn't know before but who have a good first album:

Leaves by Bonfire Lakes
Their guitar player was ill so the set was fairly acoustic and resembled Sophia even more.
  • Visit poster's website
manurock

Spain

• Posted: 05/26/2018 09:36
  • Post subject:
@911Turbo So, finally, the day came and yesterday I was able to see the main composer of my favourite band of all time, Roger Waters. I must say I am impressed. He is 74 and looks as if he was in his fourties. The show he makes is brutal, for example he bought a choir from an NGO in Madrid to sing "Another Brick in the wall", he let a whole factory building go down on top of the audience for the two long Animals songs and a 3D prism and LEDs appeared out of nowhere for the end of the Dark Side of the Moon tracks. The musicians are really talented and he has no problem in letting the guitarists and keyboardists shine as if they were Gilmour and Wright. His latest album fits well into the show, a very political one but with no speeches, letting the music, the lyrics and the screen images do the work. Overall, a fantastic experience.
  • Visit poster's website
Decurso

Canada

• Posted: 05/29/2018 19:44
  • Post subject:
Saw Ozzy Osborne a couple weeks ago. That was my last big concert. I also saw Ratos De Porao, Krisiun and Far From Alaska do a free outdoor show as part of a city-wide cultural festival the following weekend. Both excellent show.

Live Albums

Death Metal
  • Visit poster's website
jdenny2018

United States

• Posted: 06/02/2018 01:19
  • Post subject: Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, Eagles, Rush
Just went and saw Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan together back in May and it was pretty good. Doobie Brothers were awesome, but Steely Dan was kind of underwhelming. Still enjoyable, but it was weird without Walter Becker.

I went to the Eagles with my girlfriend in Oct 2017 after Glenn Frey died and it was outstanding. They all can still play like they're in their 20s, and Joe Walsh is the fucking man.

*Steven A. Smith voice* Howevah! My favorite concert I've ever been to was Rush on their R40 tour. So glad I went because they may never tour again. Rush has always been my favorite band and always will be.

I've only been to three concerts because I'm poor and don't like crowds and super loud noise.
  • Visit poster's website