My listening log book thingy

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 05/26/2014 00:48
  • Post subject: My listening log book thingy

Hey, it's listening log time. Smile I get to have thread all to myself for the whole week where I post nothing but what I am doing and what I am listening to. I'm sure this is going to be lots of fun! You know what? I am going to start it now as I can't get no sleep. Also if I put it somewhere it will help me find it as something has to be somewhere to be found or else if it was no where it wouldn't exist.

I did listen to a little earlier but it's hardly an hour in yet... awww man. Okay, my bed is in the other room so I will fall asleep with a CD on or something. Got to get up by 8 though. Perhaps it would give me the chance to listen to an album which may have been gathering dust. I'll see.

Well... what better way to welcome those dreams with a little... SIAMESE DREAM! It's album by Smashing Pumpkins.

Goodnight!

Link
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 05/26/2014 07:17
  • Post subject:
I could have sworn you'd have started with a Manic Street Preachers record.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/26/2014 11:54
  • Post subject:

I went for breakfast at Pacific Nurseries. It is a garden centre near Streetly. Outside there are lots of plants you can buy. Today it is raining though. There is also a wooden hut near by which sells strange cheeses as well as crackers and chocolate.

I had mp3 on some of the morning. I think I had the songs 'Bezerk', 'The Monster' and 'Rap God' on most of the time all on repeat. They are all from the new Eminem album. I think they are better than 'We Made You' and 'I'm Not Afraid'. I try rap along with 'Rap God' when no one is listening. Very fun.

Now it is almost 1:00pm. I am happy today because it is bank holiday. It has gone too fast already.

As I am taking part in this thread thing I have become very concious of what I am listening to. It's far too tempting to play to the camera's (well... people reading) and delibrately pick things they haven't heard. I don't how people have done this without putting on a show. Laughing

I'm not listening to any music as I type this.
NickVolos
Segnahc Reve4

Location: Land of the Argonauts, Centaurs and other such creatures
Greece

• Posted: 05/26/2014 13:14
  • Post subject:
Norman Bates wrote:
I could have sworn you'd have started with a Manic Street Preachers record.

So, when are the Manic Street Preachers on? Razz
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/26/2014 13:19
  • Post subject:

Okay, so I listened to this album called 'Naked City' by John Zorn.

It has a saxophone and electric guitar. I think it's improvised, not 100% sure. Every so often the whole thing becomes a mess like someones throwing the instruments against a wall.

It's fun sometimes. Perhaps on tracks 'Latin Quarter' and 'A Shot In The Dark'. Mostly the album was violent and frightening. Didn't feel welcome.

Right now I am holding my umbrella I got for £5 from Matalan. I just cut the tag off and it's the first umbrella I have owned which has a sharp pointy end. All the other ones I have owned have been stubby little things.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/26/2014 13:50
  • Post subject:

Oh Very Happy I got a box of crackers today! They are these really posh looking ones which all have fancy names. I have a little cheese to put on them. I have some brie as well as Blue Shropshire. The last of my Blue Stilton went away last night.

As I do sometimes I went onto the NME website today. There were no news stories of interest. Coldplay did get the fastest selling album of 2014. I think One Direction got the same for 2013. No news on new releases this Monday. I may pop in HMV tomorrow after work to see.
Kiki

• Posted: 05/26/2014 17:26
  • Post subject:

I have put on The Rising by Bruce Springsteen. It is the best Bruce album.

It's raining. There is too much new music in the world to listen to it all this evening. Unsure what to do next.
BrandonMiaow

• Posted: 05/26/2014 18:43
  • Post subject:
Anyone else get a sense of foreboding when he described how his umbrella had a pointy end? XP
Precedent

• Posted: 05/26/2014 19:18
  • Post subject:
BrandonMiaow wrote:
Anyone else get a sense of foreboding when he described how his umbrella had a pointy end? XP

No!
Kiki

• Posted: 05/26/2014 19:42
  • Post subject:

Too much stress for tomorrow. Sad Been getting things prepared for the past hour and while I am almost know where everything is it doesn't calm me for tomorrow.

I have to meet someone and talk to them. About things. In work. I'm going to be out from 7-5 and this isn't my strong point.

I think in the next hour I am going to be lying on the living room floor doing nothing like I do when I can't relax and end up doing nothing for hours. If I found something to do I would have something to do rather than nothing but now I don't know what to do. It's all very stressful.