|#1 | Posted: 09/14/2010 17:16 | Post subject: September 2010 site update
|Another site update and loads of new features and improvements:
- You can now choose the minimum number of votes to appear in the top-rated charts as well as filter to view the top-*rated* songs or albums in any year or decade.
- We've now added the ability to add an optional comment for each entry in your chart to explain the reasons for inclusion. This feature has been added after reading a comment on another forum, so a big thank you to the person who wrote that comment for the great suggestion.
- On the 'My Chart' page, we now show a warning if another chart exists with the same IP address.
- The search suggestions on the search page now land on the appropriate album or band page. We've also changed the behaviour so that we now match *whole* words in a search phrase for better results (and not just a substring of each word).
- We've now added a way to view all comments/ratings/favourites for another user (click on the user profile page for any user to see their comments, ratings or favourites).
- We've added to the band pages, the top-rated songs for each band e.g. best songs by Bob Marley.
- We've added the ability to sort by artist name on the 'collection', 'listened' and 'wishlist' tabs (original suggestion from the forums.)
- The RSS chart item GUIDs are now unique to prevent caching in news readers (where updated charts might appear out of sequence)
- Now added the ability to search particular stores on the Store page. You can now choose to search iTunes, Amazon and eBay for music CDs or MP3s (or a combination of any of these.)
- We've added 'parent' bands and combined the stats for each e.g. Jimi Hendrix and Jimi Hendrix Experience.
- We've fixed a couple of rendering issues in Apple Safari.
- HTML entities are now unencoded when exporting to CSV and within album/band suggestions on 'My Chart' (http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=22839#22839).
- Performance improvements.