'Include only charts updated in the last...'

View previous topic :: View next topic
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 10/18/2014 14:07
  • Post subject: 'Include only charts updated in the last...'
So I'm still holding strong onto the belief that the constantly expanding number of abandoned charts is a problem that hurts the integrity of our overall chart.

It's a fair argument that dismissing users who haven't logged in for a long period of time could create a sense of elitism, and while I still think it would ultimately create a much more fresh overall chart, I think there's a small compromise that could really help those who are looking for a chart that's composed of only recent and active users of BEA.

Just like any other setting in the Customise Overall Chart options, I think it would be great if we could tick a box that restricted the counted charts as ones that have only been updated in the last, maybe, sixth months. This way we'd be able to have an overall chart that better reflects both those who continuously contribute to BEA, as well as new users who have recently made their own charts. By doing this, those who want to see an overall chart like this are able to, and our overall chart still remains intact, taking all users charts into account.

What do you think?
Kiki

• Posted: 10/18/2014 14:10
  • Post subject:
Please put a button which discredits my own chart while you are at it Laughing
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 10/18/2014 19:16
  • Post subject: Re: 'Include only charts updated in the last...'
Puncture Repair wrote:
So I'm still holding strong onto the belief that the constantly expanding number of abandoned charts is a problem that hurts the integrity of our overall chart.

It's a fair argument that dismissing users who haven't logged in for a long period of time could create a sense of elitism, and while I still think it would ultimately create a much more fresh overall chart, I think there's a small compromise that could really help those who are looking for a chart that's composed of only recent and active users of BEA.

Just like any other setting in the Customise Overall Chart options, I think it would be great if we could tick a box that restricted the counted charts as ones that have only been updated in the last, maybe, sixth months. This way we'd be able to have an overall chart that better reflects both those who continuously contribute to BEA, as well as new users who have recently made their own charts. By doing this, those who want to see an overall chart like this are able to, and our overall chart still remains intact, taking all users charts into account.

What do you think?

This sounds a good idea. There could be a drop-down list where you could choose from a pick-list e.g. don't include charts updated before: 1 month ago, 3 months ago, 6 months ago, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, etc. However, you should already be produce a chart like this using the current system - just include member charts updated between whichever dates you want to pick
  • Visit poster's website
nachosbob

United States

• Posted: 10/18/2014 19:27
albummaster wrote:
This sounds a good idea. There could be a drop-down list where you could choose from a pick-list e.g. don't include charts updated before: 1 month ago, 3 months ago, 6 months ago, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, etc. However, you should already be produce a chart like this using the current system - just include member charts updated between whichever dates you want to pick

Yes please

Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 10/19/2014 11:24
albummaster wrote:

This is ideal, I'll look forward to it, thanks am Smile