BEA Vinyl Swap Shop / Your Own Top 100 on Vinyl

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: How many of your Top 100 do you own on vinyl?
None
12%
 12%  [13]
1-5
10%
 10%  [11]
6-10
9%
 9%  [10]
11-20
21%
 21%  [23]
21-50
23%
 23%  [25]
51-99
9%
 9%  [10]
The Whole Bloody Lot!
0%
 0%  [1]
Vinyl? I'd rather listen to a heavily compressed mp3, thanks.
13%
 13%  [14]
Total Votes : 107

Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 03/22/2017 03:26
  • Post subject:
If I have off that day, I'd be willing to stand in line for the Chesnutt, Sun Ra, Popol Vuh, and Vangelis.
Jimmy Dread
Old skool like Happy Shopper

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/28/2017 14:15
  • Post subject:
So did anyone get any RSD stuff? Managed to get Heart Of The Congos and saw plenty of copies of Dread In A Babylon and the TvPs stuff but at nearly £30 a pop for these I really couldn't see the point. Oh, and this was on Wednesday - 4 days after the event. There was a fair bit left in the London shops too, including a copy of BOWPROMO in Honest Jon's (£55? No ta).. Citrus would have been nice but seen it for £20 online so not in any urgent hurry.

In other news thanks to LittleM and Graeme talking about it I finally picked up the '91 double LP of:

The Stone Roses by The Stone Roses

And it sounds ace.

That now leaves me on 95/100 - just need Loveless, Chelsea Girl, The Blue Trees & Brian Wilson's Smile to complete all I can get (c'mon KKB, press up some vinyl). That said, I feel an Overall 100 rehash coming on...
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 04/28/2017 14:23
  • Post subject:
Jimmy Dread wrote:
So did anyone get any RSD stuff?

Nah. Ended up not going out this year. Probably should've, but my wallet insisted otherwise. I'm not as warm to the idea as I was a few years ago... I find that everything is crazy marked up, and the stores are too packed to really enjoy it. Ah well.

Did order this online the other day though:

Run The Jewels 3 by Run The Jewels

Got a pretty good bargain on it. Gotta go record shopping again soon... there's an empty cubicle on my shelf asking for some new inclusions Mr. Green
  • Visit poster's website
LittleM1971

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/28/2017 21:50
  • Post subject:
Jimmy Dread wrote:
So did anyone get any RSD stuff? Managed to get Heart Of The Congos and saw plenty of copies of Dread In A Babylon and the TvPs stuff but at nearly £30 a pop for these I really couldn't see the point. Oh, and this was on Wednesday - 4 days after the event. There was a fair bit left in the London shops too, including a copy of BOWPROMO in Honest Jon's (£55? No ta).. Citrus would have been nice but seen it for £20 online so not in any urgent hurry.

In other news thanks to LittleM and Graeme talking about it I finally picked up the '91 double LP of:

The Stone Roses by The Stone Roses

And it sounds ace.

That now leaves me on 95/100 - just need Loveless, Chelsea Girl, The Blue Trees & Brian Wilson's Smile to complete all I can get (c'mon KKB, press up some vinyl). That said, I feel an Overall 100 rehash coming on...

Well worth the money is that Roses pressing, sounds lovely doesn't it?...full of energy!!! Didn't get to RSD in the end as my Brother was down visiting...not too bothered as some of the stuff I wanted was a bit overpriced I thought. Elastica at £31...I'd rather spend an extra tenner and get an original. Evan Dando (£42-£49 no thanks) as it's getting a standard reissue in June. TVP stuff already been reissued so again not difficult to find. Would of liked a couple of the Spacemen 3 reissues and that Asobi Seksu album + Heart of the Congos but I'm sure I'll pick up copies all in good time. Spent the money saved on pre-orders of Mojave 3 - Ask Me Tomorrow (Ltd 500 copies), Swervedriver - Mezcal Head and Slowdive's new album which will all (hopefully) be dropping through the letterbox soon.
  • Visit poster's website
Jimmy Dread
Old skool like Happy Shopper

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/21/2018 16:02
  • Post subject:
Been some time since I posted in this thread and it’s about time it was resurrected, especially for any newer members who might want to join in. As well as the fact that - pause for breath (and even after rejigging my overall) - I might have finally achieved my goal after 3 years of collecting. More to follow...
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 01/21/2018 16:13
  • Post subject:
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Been some time since I posted in this thread and it’s about time it was resurrected, especially for any newer members who might want to join in. As well as the fact that - pause for breath (and even after rejigging my overall) - I might have finally achieved my goal after 3 years of collecting. More to follow...

Congrats, Jim!!! That's pretty amazing especially considering your chart. Party Dancing Party Dancing
  • Visit poster's website
glynspsa

United States

• Posted: 01/21/2018 18:04
  • Post subject:
I have 67 of 100 on vinyl. i would like to acquire the rest.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 01/21/2018 19:20
  • Post subject:
Jimmy Dread wrote:

Cool indeed, and like Tilly said that's quite the feat. Probably way easier for a chart like mine, Laughing .
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 01/21/2018 19:25
  • Post subject:
Also found this funny:
Vinyl? I'd rather listen to a heavily compressed mp3, thanks.

There was a time when I actually was collecting FLAC and ALAC music.

I don't know that much about stuff, but are CD's compressed at all?

Also I ditched those efforts because it's really easy to lose value in 61984 albums in FLAC, but to have 200 albums in vinyl feels (literally) more valuable. I think we've all talked about that ability to read the liner notes and interact with the music instead of sitting at you computer, chatting on BEA or whatever, and listening to digital music.

Something about putting on a record and turning off the lights and getting lost.

Problem is most new releases these days have the whole double vinyl thing for a 10 song album. Terribly ridiculous... you listen to 3 songs and then have to flip it.

Anyway, drunk ramblings over.
  • Visit poster's website
CharlieBarley

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/21/2018 19:35
  • Post subject:
I now own 30 of my top 100 on vinyl.

A lot of my chart is canon fodder so it's relatively easy to get a lot of it on vinyl. One that eludes me is a new copy of Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde in stereo. All the copies I see in record stores are in mono. Now mono can be good but I want to hear it in stereo.
  • Visit poster's website