My New Song

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Wombi

• Posted: 01/27/2011 09:14
  • Post subject: My New Song
Hi everyone. A couple of months ago on a thread I mentioned I made my own music and was asked to give links to it, Unfortunately I was no where near happy with any of it to upload any of my songs. Here is a link to the first song my group has uploaded to the big Internet world. i would really appreciate feedback, bearing in mind this was recorded on cheap crappy software with cheap crappy equipment, I have no problem with critisicm as long as it is constructive (i.e amounts to more than "this is shit"). Thanks in advance, hope you enjoy and once again any and all feedback is appreciated.

http://www.triplejunearthed.com/Artists...stid=39336

also if you could rate/review/download the track on the site (unless you hated it Razz) I would also appreciate that.
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 01/27/2011 09:48
  • Post subject:
Well done, I can hear your influences in it. I'd love to hear what you could do with better equipment. Is that you singing?

Actually it's reminding me a bit of Architecture in Helsinki.
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 01/27/2011 09:50
  • Post subject:
thanks. Yeah thats me singing. I did use to listen to architecure and I take that as a compliment thanks Smile
boboland1203

United States

• Posted: 01/27/2011 15:29
  • Post subject:
i listen to it twice and then downloaded it so i could put it through my EQ. i listened three more times Smile. its not one of the genre's that i'm into so i don’t have any knowledge based comments... first time i played it i thought it was ok, but the more i played it the more it grew on me. i think that's a good sign. all i can say is that i like it and will keep it in my music set. great job! keep up the good work
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 01/27/2011 17:14
  • Post subject:
Listening to it now, sadly through laptop speakers. Pleasantly surprised. Sort of reminds me of James Mercer, not particularly vocally, just the whole feel. On the d/l now, warrants further listening. Well done man.
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 01/27/2011 22:45
  • Post subject:
Spot on with the influences. It is almost a blend of each of those.

Reminds me of Architecture In Helsinki, Cloud Control etc.

Nice work Jhereko!
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 01/28/2011 01:59
  • Post subject:
thanks everyone for the really great feedback and for listening to it more than once i am really grateful Smile I think I might put out my second one sooner than i thought
Freddie55

Canada

• Posted: 01/28/2011 03:44
  • Post subject:
Okay for starters, full disclosure .... I am 55 years old so I am not your market. However I do regularly go to concerts of new bands and my girlfriend buys merch for all her kids:) To my ears it sounds like you are musicians. Unfortunately, with all the fuzz and other crap going on I don't know what you are singing about or whether you have any talent. Just saying ... if you are any good don't hide behind a curtain. I will bet dollars to donuts that clarity will live forever and fuzz will be an eternal joke.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 01/28/2011 05:09
  • Post subject:
unfortunately as i said i'm using pretty crap equipment (cheap microphone, cheap audio software etc) and that is about as clear as I can achieve at the moment. i assure you if i could I would go for clarity over fuzz. I'm not some lo-fi band trying to hide the fact that I can't write a song by distorting everything. To be honest I think it sounds reasonably clear (certainly not hi-fi or at a professional level) but it is hard to judge your own songs. Just to clarify do you mean just the singing sounds distorted, or the whole thing?
Freddie55

Canada

• Posted: 01/28/2011 06:03
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
unfortunately as i said i'm using pretty crap equipment (cheap microphone, cheap audio software etc) and that is about as clear as I can achieve at the moment. i assure you if i could I would go for clarity over fuzz. I'm not some lo-fi band trying to hide the fact that I can't write a song by distorting everything. To be honest I think it sounds reasonably clear (certainly not hi-fi or at a professional level) but it is hard to judge your own songs. Just to clarify do you mean just the singing sounds distorted, or the whole thing?

The vocals were fuzzy to the point where I have no idea what the lyrics are. I liked the musicality of the song and was toe tapping Smile Also, I'm generally not a fan of looping, drum machines etc.... though if you look at my ratings you'll see that, I do like some albums where these are used effectively. Still, I prefer musicians playing traditional instruments. My last edit .... your chart is great so I know that you have a great knowledge and appreciation of music. One of your picks however is My Bloody Valentine and I can't bear to listen to them. So, that's where I am coming from.

Last edited by Freddie55 on 01/28/2011 06:19; edited 3 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website