luis

Argentina

• Posted: 02/15/2011 05:30
  • Post subject: Re: iTunes Sucks
HyperBully wrote:
mooseboy101 wrote:
HyperBully wrote:
Every problem mentioned above with iTunes is solved with foobar
Do you know how to add album artwork to songs in foobar?

Yup. Simply download the album art from the internet and put the image file in the folder where you keep the songs. This saves space and is better for organization than iTunes' embedding (copy & paste) method, and gives you more choice over what you want the album art to be. This can also be done automatically with a free tool called Album Art Downloader XUI, which has a "foobar browser" which scans your foobar2000 library and automatically downloads the artwork for each album to the directories where the songs are stored. For more information, see the following links:

http://www.foobar2000.org (foobar2000 official website, which has a nice FAQ and links to download a number of essential components)

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php...loader_XUI (Link with information about Album Art Downloader XUI and download link. The rest of the Wiki includes a number of other helpful articles on how to properly setup foobar2000.)

I didnt know fubar, but it checked the specs and looks way better than itunes. I dont own a Win XP computer so I cant try it.
HyperBully

United States

• Posted: 02/15/2011 21:40
luis wrote:
HyperBully wrote:
mooseboy101 wrote:
HyperBully wrote:

Yup. Simply download the album art from the internet and put the image file in the folder where you keep the songs. This saves space and is better for organization than iTunes' embedding (copy & paste) method, and gives you more choice over what you want the album art to be. This can also be done automatically with a free tool called Album Art Downloader XUI, which has a "foobar browser" which scans your foobar2000 library and automatically downloads the artwork for each album to the directories where the songs are stored. For more information, see the following links:

http://www.foobar2000.org (foobar2000 official website, which has a nice FAQ and links to download a number of essential components)

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php...loader_XUI (Link with information about Album Art Downloader XUI and download link. The rest of the Wiki includes a number of other helpful articles on how to properly setup foobar2000.)

I didnt know fubar, but it checked the specs and looks way better than itunes. I dont own a Win XP computer so I cant try it.

Do you have Vista or 7? It works on those, too. I use Windows 7. It just doesn't work with Mac or Linux. If you have one of those, there is a way to run it through programs like Wine, but I don't know much about how to do that.
  • Visit poster's website
luis

Argentina

• Posted: 02/16/2011 06:56
HyperBully wrote:
luis wrote:
HyperBully wrote:
mooseboy101 wrote:
HyperBully wrote:

Do you have Vista or 7? It works on those, too. I use Windows 7. It just doesn't work with Mac or Linux. If you have one of those, there is a way to run it through programs like Wine, but I don't know much about how to do that.

I own a mac, I know that kind of apps that emulate Windows, it just that most of the apps dont work at all. I'll have to stick to itunes.
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 02/19/2011 17:27
  • Post subject:
iTunes stinks, that is agreed. I use Winamp and am pretty happy with how it works, most of all that the player does not dictate to me how I should browse through or organize my record collection (which is one of the reasons wmp stinks too, the other is that when your collection gets large it does a lot of weird things).

Could you give me the case for Foobar over Winamp?
  • Visit poster's website
HyperBully

United States

• Posted: 02/19/2011 18:07
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
iTunes stinks, that is agreed. I use Winamp and am pretty happy with how it works, most of all that the player does not dictate to me how I should browse through or organize my record collection (which is one of the reasons wmp stinks too, the other is that when your collection gets large it does a lot of weird things).

Could you give me the case for Foobar over Winamp?

Winamp is a good player and all, and was my previous default player before switching to foobar2000, but foobar does everything Winamp does and then some. It's infinitely more customizable than Winamp, consumes less memory, and has a number of really cool features that I've yet to find in any other player, some targeted to audiophiles and advanced users, others targeted to more basic users. I would suggest going to the foobar website and downloading and installing the player, reading up on the official FAQ, as well as the HydrogenAudio wiki and forums, and seeing for yourself just what the capabilities of foobar are that Winamp lacks. It may not seem so apparent from the surface, but once you dig deeper, you'll never go back to Winamp. That said, if you're perfectly happy with Winamp and are reluctant to start over with another music player, I can see why you'd want to stick with it, as foobar does take a certain amount of time and devotion to properly setup. Either way, at least you're not stuck using iTunes.
  • Visit poster's website