Bug in Wish List

View previous topic :: View next topic
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 03/06/2015 03:42
  • Post subject: Bug in Wish List
Most of the items on my wish list have the same priority (medium), but a few are marked as "high". If I choose to sort the list by descending priority, the high ones come at the beginning as expected. However, with the list sorted this way, when I flip through it using the numbers at the bottom of the page, I find that many albums are repeated; that is, page 2 will list album A, album B, album C, etc. and page 3 will list album X, album B, album Y, album A, and so on. There's no obvious pattern to it that I can see.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/06/2015 03:50
  • Post subject: Re: Bug in Wish List
sp4cetiger wrote:
Most of the items on my wish list have the same priority (medium), but a few are marked as "high". If I choose to sort the list by descending priority, the high ones come at the beginning as expected. However, with the list sorted this way, when I flip through it using the numbers at the bottom of the page, I find that many albums are repeated; that is, page 2 will list album A, album B, album C, etc. and page 3 will list album X, album B, album Y, album A, and so on. There's no obvious pattern to it that I can see.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Thanks for reporting, and sorry for the problem. I'll try and fix this next week as soon as I'm back in Spain.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/09/2015 16:03
  • Post subject:
Hi, sorry for the delay fixing this. I've been trying to reproduce the problem, but when I sort my own wish list by priority, change pages using the page number links, the sort order looks correct and none of the items are repeated. I'm just wondering if you are still experiencing this problem so that I can pin down how the problem is happening.
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 03/09/2015 23:54
  • Post subject:
Yeah, it's still happening.

The browser I'm using is Mercury (for iOS), if that helps. It may be browser specific because I just tried with Safari and the problem doesn't appear.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/10/2015 09:01
  • Post subject:
Hi, thanks for the info. I've just run the page through a HTML validator & I've made a small change which hopefully has fixed the problem.
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 03/10/2015 16:25
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
Hi, thanks for the info. I've just run the page through a HTML validator & I've made a small change which hopefully has fixed the problem.

Nah, it's still there. One thing I notice that might be related...

If I follow the same procedure; that is:

- select my wish list
- sort the albums by descending priority
- select a numbered page from the bottom of the list

Then, if I just hit the reload button on my browser, the order of albums comes up differently. It's weird, though, because it only happens some of the time.

Is anybody else able to reproduce this problem? I've seen it on both mobile and my laptop now.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/11/2015 08:15
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
Nah, it's still there. One thing I notice that might be related...

If I follow the same procedure; that is:

- select my wish list
- sort the albums by descending priority
- select a numbered page from the bottom of the list

Then, if I just hit the reload button on my browser, the order of albums comes up differently. It's weird, though, because it only happens some of the time.

Is anybody else able to reproduce this problem? I've seen it on both mobile and my laptop now.

If you reload the page it might override the sort order as the page parameters are only amended when you move to a subsequent page in the sorted results (i.e. if you reload the page before selecting a new page of sorted results) because the initial sort uses an AJAX call which doesn't change the page parameters. I'll investigate to see if some sort of fix can be made to override this behaviour.
  • Visit poster's website