Tattoos

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
OK Microwave

United States

• Posted: 05/23/2012 16:35
  • Post subject: Tattoos
I looked around on here for a thread on tattoos, but I wasn't able to find any. Hopefully I'm not duplicating another thread.

I'm just curious if anyone else has any music-related tattoos or might get one. I have a few right now, but will most likely get another soon. On one arm I have the Smashing Pumpkins' Disarm cover (Smile version) and a face tattoo from Hedwig and the Angry Inch (the solid one at the end). On the other arm I have the woman from the cover of ITAOTS. I might fill in the rest of the cover on my forearm eventually, but I like the way the woman looks by herself for now. My next will probably be something Radiohead-related, but I'm not completely sure yet.

Has anyone else gotten any music-related tattoos? Anyone considering any?
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/23/2012 21:47
  • Post subject:
[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilovememphis/3962109583/lightbox/[/img]

Is this you? Razz
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 05/23/2012 23:22
  • Post subject:
Tattoos are pretty cool, I'm considering getting a couple myself.

I think band tattoos are reeeeeally fucking stupid. If I see someone with a band tattoo, even if it's a band I like, like, say for example, a tattoo of the cover of ITAOTS, I'd think it was pretty lame. To me it's like seeing someone with a fucking McDonald's tattoo. It makes you worse than those guys who get paid to tattoo ads all over their body - at least they get PAID to do it, you're doing it out of your own freewill. It makes you a human billboard - those tattoos aren't self-expression, they're brand-recognition.

I think that if you're going to get a tattoo, make it something you come up with yourself rather than some "cool design" you saw or, even worse, a band-related tattoo.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
vegetable man

United States

• Posted: 05/23/2012 23:28
  • Post subject:
I haven't any on my body. But I might get something like this Think

It's the Led Zeppelin Swan Song logo.

• Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 05/23/2012 23:52
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:

I think band tattoos are reeeeeally fucking stupid. If I see someone with a band tattoo, even if it's a band I like, like, say for example, a tattoo of the cover of ITAOTS, I'd think it was pretty lame. To me it's like seeing someone with a fucking McDonald's tattoo. It makes you worse than those guys who get paid to tattoo ads all over their body - at least they get PAID to do it, you're doing it out of your own freewill. It makes you a human billboard - those tattoos aren't self-expression, they're brand-recognition.

I think that if you're going to get a tattoo, make it something you come up with yourself rather than some "cool design" you saw or, even worse, a band-related tattoo.

What about devotion? What about dedication? Shocked
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 05/23/2012 23:54
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:

Harsh man. Harsh.
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 05/23/2012 23:58
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
Harsh man. Harsh.

Nah, I think I'm just still sizzling cause I just came out of a heated debate with a buddy of mine about pretty much the same thing. He's adamant about getting "Abandon All Ships" tattooed across his back and I'm trying with every inch of my being to convince him it isn't a good idea.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/24/2012 01:27
  • Post subject:
I know a kid who got Blink 182 tatted on his arm, he swears he still likes them and doesn't regret it but I reckon he only still listens to Blink 182 to convince himself he hasn't made a mistake.

If you're gonna get a band tattoo make sure you're at least 18 and it's a band you've loved for at least 5 or so years. Nothing against the idea though, if a band means that much to you then that's cool.

• Posted: 05/24/2012 05:35
  • Post subject:
Speaking with some experience here...

Things that seem like a good idea when you are 18.... prove not to be when you are in your 30s or 40s... Rolling Eyes

Remember these wise words and give some thought to your future self before putting ink to skin!
OK Microwave

United States

• Posted: 05/24/2012 10:17
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilovememphis/3962109583/lightbox/[/img]

Is this you? Razz

Yes! How'd you find my pi... OK, that's not me. Mine's on the other side of my forearm instead of the underside and doesn't have clouds. I don't have the name Amanda either, which would be weird since I'm a guy. The first thing I noticed about that tattoo, though, is that it's missing the star right underneath where the waistline comes to a point. That would really bug me.
  • Visit poster's website