• Send email
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 03/04/2011 06:48
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:

Link

I was born and raised in Wisconsin and I'm mortified at the behavior of the people there lately. Embarassed They vote in people to make REAL CHANGE and cut the 4 BILLION dollar debt they have and when the Governer tries to do so. They protest Shocked

I find the cowardly actions of the 14 democratic members of the Wisconsin state senate and their refusing to do their jobs and hiding in Illinois even more appalling Evil or Very Mad

Thank God I now live in Florida.

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Johnny Flynn

United States

• Posted: 03/05/2011 02:25
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
RFNAPLES wrote:

Link

I was born and raised in Wisconsin and I'm mortified at the behavior of the people there lately. Embarassed They vote in people to make REAL CHANGE and cut the 4 BILLION dollar debt they have and when the Governer tries to do so. They protest Shocked

I find the cowardly actions of the 14 democratic members of the Wisconsin state senate and their refusing to do their jobs and hiding in Illinois even more appalling Evil or Very Mad

Thank God I now live in Florida.

So you are for attacking the middle class and balancing the budget on their backs? Do you have a problem with the corporate tax cuts he (being governor Walker) came in and installed? You are against raising taxes yet are for middle class people paying more for health insurance and making less wage? And why after the unions consented to all the provisions that would save money for the state does Governor Walker still not accept that? He wants to destroy unions. That is all this is. Even though he lies and says it isn't. Typical rich guy republicanism.

Can you explain why you are "mortified" by their behavior? Do you want the government cutting your salary and benefits? How would you react?
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 03/05/2011 02:51
  • Post subject:
Johnny, Wiconsin is $4,000,000,000.00 IN DEBT. No the governer does not want to bust all the union's up. What he proposes is only for people who are in governmernt(taxpayer funded) union's. They have it made far more than their civilian counterparts. The big party at taxpayers expenese is OVER. Thank God for it.

• Visit poster's website
Johnny Flynn

United States

• Posted: 03/05/2011 03:12
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
Johnny, Wiconsin is $4,000,000,000.00 IN DEBT. No the governer does not want to bust all the union's up. What he proposes is only for people who are in governmernt(taxpayer funded) union's. They have it made far more than their civilian counterparts. The big party at taxpayers expenese is OVER. Thank God for it.

No it's not. Police and fire are exempt. Why do you think that is? They supported his campaign that is why.
Again Gary. The unions conceded to the Governor all cost saving proposals in his budget. Yet he still won't accept it. Why? Collective bargaining. He wants to break up unions because they support democrats. That is it. It is completely political.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 03/05/2011 03:27
  • Post subject:
Johnny Flynn wrote:
GARY wrote:

No it's not. Police and fire are exempt. Why do you think that is? They supported his campaign that is why.
Again Gary. The unions conceded to the Governor all cost saving proposals in his budget. Yet he still won't accept it. Why? Collective bargaining. He wants to break up unions because they support democrats. That is it. It is completely political.

I didn't know that all cost saving proposals were agreed to by the unions. Last I heard the democratics were still hiding in Illinois. I'm not real crazy about big powerful unions and the way they take the workers union dues and use them to buy political influence and squash the Mom and Pop small busineses. My Mom has been in the U.A.W. for 33 years and I do see the other side of the coin about unions.But I also have read a lot of the U.A.W. political propganda that they send union members. They back the democrats 100% of the time. Nontheless this is about government workers who are paid by the taxpayers. If in fact the governor is union busting I think he's wrong in doing so.

• Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 03/05/2011 03:39
  • Post subject:
Johnny Flynn wrote:
GARY wrote:

If those government unions are allowed to continue to bargain on salary and benefits, it will only be a short time before they get all the cuts and more back. The government is asking that they contribute to their pensions at the same level the public sector does and to contribute to their insurance at 50% of the public sector. Cost of living raises would henceforth be pegged to inflation and promotions would still be available. Not too bad considering they are already overpaid and over rewarded (at taxpayer expense).
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website