• Post subject:
Two new Ghibli films on the way Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 02/03/2019 16:10
  • Post subject:
They made Orphan 2

I think Interpol should just ban Loveless, Jackie Love and myself from the theaters for the next year
  • Visit poster's website
Villain

Canada

• Posted: 02/08/2019 18:08
  • Post subject:
I just want to make people aware that there is a film called The Man Who Killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot available on VOD starting today. It stars Sam Elliott. Should be awesome.

http://www.scumnvillainy.com/
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 03/03/2019 11:10
  • Post subject:
Me and my partner got cinema passes a year or so back so I've seen far too many movies and it's probably too late to start cataloguing them, though I can safely say The Favourite is in last place, gotta stop making myself watch Yorgos Lanthimos' movies.

• Visit poster's website
Villain

Canada

• Posted: 03/04/2019 14:10
  • Post subject:
Quote:
Me and my partner got cinema passes a year or so back so I've seen far too many movies and it's probably too late to start cataloguing them, though I can safely say The Favourite is in last place, gotta stop making myself watch Yorgos Lanthimos' movies.

I think the man isn't really for me either. I liked The Favorite, but I would argue its his most digestible film to this point. He'll probably spend his whole career being a guy you either love or hate. I didn't have the love for Killing of the Sacred Deer that others have had, but I can also respect it for being well made and being exactly what the director intended it to be.

http://www.scumnvillainy.com/
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
mdbaxter

United States

• Posted: 03/08/2019 16:54
  • Post subject:
Quote:
I think the man isn't really for me either. I liked The Favorite, but I would argue its his most digestible film to this point. He'll probably spend his whole career being a guy you either love or hate. I didn't have the love for Killing of the Sacred Deer that others have had, but I can also respect it for being well made and being exactly what the director intended it to be.

I thought The Favourite was his most digestible, as well, and that's why I didn't like it that much. I'm a big fan of The Lobster and, to a slightly lesser extent, The Killing of a Sacred Deer so I'm a fan of Lanthimos. He makes weird movies but his latest just wasn't weird enough for me. Dogtooth, on the other hand, was too weird for me.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 03/08/2019 17:51
  • Post subject:
Yorgos Lanthimos is brilliant. The Favourite was my favorite film of 2018.
  • Visit poster's website
jnfbn

Turkey

• Posted: 03/08/2019 21:25
  • Post subject:
Lanthimos is actually great. The Favourite, not his best; you can tell he did not write the script from a mile away, still a pretty great film though. Dogtooth still is his best, pure genius
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 03/08/2019 23:57
  • Post subject:
Just saw Captain Marvel -- of MCU's third phase films its somewhere in the middle. As a Carol Danvers fan I really appreciate the love for the character that's going on here, but it's wholly optional. That aside, its fun, and I hope it does well.

3.5 out of 5.0
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 03/23/2019 01:48
  • Post subject:
Saw US last night, and have to say I was... a bit underwhelmed at the end. It seems like Peele probably started the project thinking of a much more straightforward metaphorical zombie film and then he thought up of a much grander idea and hoped that somehow the two clashing stories would eventually connect and make a weird sort of sense, but they just don't really. It feels both over-reaching and undercooked. It is quite funny, I admit, but at times when it really shouldn't be, the tone of certain moments sometimes feels at odds with what he's trying convey . Compared to what's been said I just didn't find it that scary or nerve-wracking (with the exception of a few moments), despite some effective jack-in-the-box shocks. It's got some great individual images, it's definitely more of a visually assured (due to both experience and likely increased budget) film than "Get Out", but I greatly prefer that effort because that film felt fully confident in what it wanted to do & say and did it near flawlessly, while this shoots for the stars (or "across america") but doesn't really have anywhere to go in the end. Vedy, vedy frustrating experience, despite the clique'd comparision definitely has the "difficult second album" feel. Perhaps best to let they hype cool off and revisit, but overall dissapointed. Did they literally get Kera Hayward to be in the movie for literally 5 seconds?
  • Visit poster's website