What is God? Yeah

God... did you grab my ass?
  • Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 05/22/2018 07:44
  • Post subject:
lol I kind of want to watch that movie again now. the lord works in mysterious ways
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/22/2018 17:50
  • Post subject:
So what do you guys think of Pope Francis?
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 05/31/2018 05:16
  • Post subject:
Huh, I just now noticed this. I imagine most people around these parts aren't the spiritual type. Since the concept of faith means having complete trust in something (without necessarily having anything to reciprocate that faith) I think that God is an intangible energy that presides in the universe. I like the idea that through some cosmic force I was given my place in life, and have been given the freewill to either make good use of it, or fuck it up.
  • Visit poster's website
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 06/01/2018 14:55
  • Post subject:
Well... I don't really know about my interaction or relationship with God, I feel like I lost much of my spirituality a long time ago, as I went discoering that religion didn't really explained the things in a satisfactional level, And then I stopped going to the church and all religious events at all with my family. I can't really believe on the things that are in the bible, all those codes, all that moral don't really apply to the way I perceive things, I don't want to be part of something that stops me from really displaying all my creative and wild nature. That said, don't really know If I'm agnostic, never really looked back to know in which part of the religion spectrum, I just look foward to making good to the world

That said I'm a very spiritual person for some reason, I feel like there is this kind of force all around us, just like karma that really know what is happening. Don't feel like it would be worshipped like we do every damn sunday. To be fair, it kinda makes me maintain some kind of mystic value on the universe, it makes less empty and cold for me. Not saying this is God at all, it could look like her? probably. Also I'm a huge fan of nature force, There is something special in the rain, in the winds on the last ray of sunshine in a sunday afternoon. Is it all systematized and worked on the same way that god would dictate all the organization of the universe? I don't really know, I have many questions going all around me.

I don't really feel alone at all, if there is no god, patience. But be kind to each other guys, transmit positive energy to the world, transpire good things, we don't want bad things, and hateful people, let's be kind to the people and the enviroment all around us. Love you all
badseed

United States

• Posted: 06/03/2018 17:08
  • Post subject:
So yeah since this is a thing...

God is like Santa Claus, except somebody fucked up and forgot to tell their kids he isn't real.

I went to a private Christian school up until the fourth grade, and live in a part of the country where most people still believe (and discriminate against those who don't).

I just kinda figured it out as I was growing up on my own, with minimal help from the occasional atheist.

I do believe that God is good, though, if that makes sense. If you're simple minded enough to believe in his existence (and let's face it, a lot of people are), you're also likely simple minded enough to do bad things, like rape, murder, robbery, suicide, etc. Mind you if I'm having a face to face conversation with a believer I'm not gonna say "I don't believe in God because I'm smart enough to live a good life without him" but it's basically true. If you're convinced a higher power is judging you and is gonna send you into a fiery pit, you're more likely to try to do good in life... Sounds harsh but I believe it. Without religion I think there would be way more bad guys out there. In a perfect world everyone would get along just fine with music and love, but people can be dumb so it's a necessary evil.
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 06/03/2018 18:19
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
I do believe that God is good, though, if that makes sense. If you're simple minded enough to believe in his existence (and let's face it, a lot of people are), you're also likely simple minded enough to do bad things, like rape, murder, robbery, suicide, etc. Mind you if I'm having a face to face conversation with a believer I'm not gonna say "I don't believe in God because I'm smart enough to live a good life without him" but it's basically true. If you're convinced a higher power is judging you and is gonna send you into a fiery pit, you're more likely to try to do good in life... Sounds harsh but I believe it. Without religion I think there would be way more bad guys out there. In a perfect world everyone would get along just fine with music and love, but people can be dumb so it's a necessary evil.

I've never felt comfortable with the intellectual elitism that atheists like to throw around. I know just as many vapid, smug atheists as I do thoughtful, and philosophically minded folk of different faiths. There's an incredible amount of depth to all religions, it isn't entirely debunked by anyone more than 'simple minded'. Of course almost all religions have had movements that exploit people, but it doesn't begin and end there. I don't know if religion has ever actually been an effective tool at making people do good, I think that's within a person beyond religion. It would be hard to prove. There's sure as hell a lot of 'bad guys' under all religions. I don't think religion is about giving people morale barometers (thanks Steve Harvey), but it certainly gives people a purpose in an otherwise potentially purposeless world.

Also, I don't understand why rape, genocide, famine etc prove our universe is a mass of non-created nothingness. Why does God have to benevolent? If God doesn't seemingly abide by our rules of time and physics, why would he abide by our ideals of 'good and evil'? I know 'God works in mysterious ways' is a pretty lame explanation for anything outside an all loving deity, but what is he/she does?

I don't personally believe in a rapture, but whether a God exists or not, how could I ever know.
YoungPunk

• Posted: 06/06/2018 02:06
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
So yeah since this is a thing...

God is like Santa Claus, except somebody fucked up and forgot to tell their kids he isn't real.

I went to a private Christian school up until the fourth grade, and live in a part of the country where most people still believe (and discriminate against those who don't).

I just kinda figured it out as I was growing up on my own, with minimal help from the occasional atheist.

Stop taking acid....
  • Visit poster's website