Star vs Evil and Pink Floyd

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Do you watch Star vs The Forces of Evil?
Yes.
33%
 33%  [2]
No.
66%
 66%  [4]
Total Votes : 6

InsertNameHere

• Posted: 09/03/2015 09:27
  • Post subject: Star vs Evil and Pink Floyd
Now one would say I'm to old to watch kids shows and should watch stuff like "The Walking Dead" and The Barbie dol....I mean the Kardashians. One would say "Stop listening to boring music and listen to Drake."
Look, if she's on a pole, she's a hoe. Sorry, logic. Anyways. I watch kids shows and listen to "Boring music" but that's me, sorry that I'm not a brick in the wall. Which brings me to my topic, I just watched a show called
"Star vs The Forces of Evil" its on Disney XD and only has 11 episodes so far, but it might be my favorite show right now. It's about a Princess who gets sent to earth and fights monsters with her new friend "Marco' and her wand, she usually attacks by summoning a maple syrup tsunami are a army of laser shooting puppy's... It's got it's jokes for the little ones but has mature themes that I think even adults would enjoy. Especially in the episode "St. Olga's Reform School for Wayward Princesses". In this episode, Star and Marco have to break Star's friend "Pony Head" out of St. Olga's. It's a school that takes in reckless Princess's and turn them into the stereotypical Princess's we know today. At the end of the episode, we see many things. The Princess's locked up start a riot, they also chant a phrase but I forgot. Marco gets captured and is forced to watch a video on how to be a "Proper Princess". He gets out don't worry. I caught many things in this episode. While what I just brought up seems like part of the story, (and drugs) It's more then that to me. Lets go to Marco. Like I said, he's forced to watch a video on how to be a princess. His personality shifts between the Princess and Himself struggling. This I see as what usually happens with most teens, finding their identity.
In your teens, you decide who you are, but sometimes teens are pressured and becomes bricks as they get older. This seems more common now and days but that could just be me. This is where I see a connection with Pink Floyd (as if the talking pony head wasn't enough). The song "Breathe" is about choosing what you want to do in life. That's it. Nothing specific. But it let's you, the listener to choose what it means by "choosing". Time while having a different meaning I see work in this subject. You only get one shot in life. Make the most of it, but what If your pressured to be something your not. Starting to see something? How about the riot? Already I see "Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)", you know where the kids sing? I see the Princess's as those kids. Breaking the mold and doing their own thing. I could go on, there's temptation, loss, and struggle. Now I could be overeating about this, but kid's shows like Adventure time and Steven Universe are also talking subjects like this. If you've seen Nostalgia Critic's "are kids shows better now than ever?" then you'll get what I'm saying. For the longest time I wanted to be a writer but I was pressured by my friends because they told me that writing was a waste of time and has low pay. I believed them for a bit, then I listened to "The Dark Side Of The Moon" and "The Wall" and I'm back. Myself, I didn't need those little shits telling me who I was, I make those decisions. And not of people get that. Which is why show's like Star matter, if Pink Floyd is to boring for them then that's okay. Star and Finn and Steven are here to help and motivate you. And it's your choice what you want to do.
If you excuse me, I'm going to work on my "Boring Chart" while listening to "Boring Music" while watching my "Gay Show". But I'm going to be everything but a brick in the wall. But just know, if you see yourself as a "Brick" you aren't a brick forever. You can be you again. You can do it.

Thank you for reading Very Happy
-Gavin
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 09/03/2015 10:01
  • Post subject:
Ooh, another Gavin.

This even sounds more like a GARY opinion than a Gavin one, but Saorse and I will be sure to check this out.
Wink
  • Visit poster's website
InsertNameHere

• Posted: 09/03/2015 10:06
  • Post subject:
Applerill wrote:
Ooh, another Gavin.

This even sounds more like a GARY opinion than a Gavin one, but Saorse and I will be sure to check this out.
Wink

Haha, yeah same Gavin. Deleted my last account d'oh! Forgot why.
I have no Idea who GARY is though Think
Great to hear you and Saorse will check it out! I wouldn't recommend it if it was bad.
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 09/03/2015 10:09
  • Post subject:
InsertNameHere wrote:
Applerill wrote:
Ooh, another Gavin.

Wink

If you don't know who GARY is, then you're not the "same Gavin" Wink
(You also definitely wouldn't be the "same Gavin" if you didn't like Drake. Trust me.)
  • Visit poster's website
InsertNameHere

• Posted: 09/03/2015 10:12
  • Post subject:
Applerill wrote:
InsertNameHere wrote:
Applerill wrote:
Ooh, another Gavin.

Wink

If you don't know who GARY is, then you're not the "same Gavin" Wink
(You also definitely wouldn't be the "same Gavin" if you didn't like Drake. Trust me.)

Okey
Dokey
Artichokey
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 09/03/2015 11:19
  • Post subject:
I too am going to have a good time.
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/03/2015 13:55
  • Post subject:
hell yeah bro this is me watchgin star vs evil eps!!!

Link

• Visit poster's website
InsertNameHere

• Posted: 09/04/2015 02:00
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
I too am going to have a good time.

That's great to hear!
InsertNameHere

• Posted: 09/04/2015 02:01
  • Post subject:
alelsupreme wrote:
hell yeah bro this is me watchgin star vs evil eps!!!

Link

HAHA Applause
That's awesome bro!
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 09/04/2015 02:14
  • Post subject:
Star Vs. Evil isn't on RYM Sad

(Wait, this is music, right?)
  • Visit poster's website