2015-16 NHL Season

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Who will win the 2016 Stanley Cup?
Anaheim
0%
 0%  [0]
LA
0%
 0%  [0]
Chicago
0%
 0%  [0]
STL
12%
 12%  [1]
Montreal
0%
 0%  [0]
TB
0%
 0%  [0]
NYR
0%
 0%  [0]
Washington
12%
 12%  [1]
Pittsburgh
25%
 25%  [2]
Toronto will set a record for least amount of points
25%
 25%  [2]
Other
25%
 25%  [2]
Total Votes : 8

junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 10/07/2015 01:49
  • Post subject: 2015-16 NHL Season
Hockey starts tomorrow!

New roster changes, a 5th chance for Edmonton to get it right, crime and punishment (Kane, Stoll, Richards, Kassian, Voynov) and as much parity as any league has. What are our predictions? Post away.
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 10/07/2015 07:04
  • Post subject:
i'm surprised you don't have Flames as an option on the poll? your team had an impressive run last year and looks set to do well again this go around from what i can tell.
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 10/07/2015 14:44
  • Post subject:
Flames and Oilers both miss playoffs in my mind. Hopefully the rivalry is better this year though, Id like to get beat up at the Saddledome after McDavid scores a hatty in an 8-1 drubbing.

As for who will win the cup, I have no god damn idea. The Central is the division of death and literally anyone could finish 1-6 (sorry Colorado youve got last on lockdown). Dallas got better (and hey maybe Niemi/Lehtonen combo works), Chicago is always good, Minny is fine, Nashville maybe got better plus their D is the best in the league, Winnipeg could probably be a playoff team if they ditched boat anchor Pavelec, and St.Louis is the old Sharks/Sens of the 10s. The central is almost garbage compared to that div, and I think the Cali teams make it and the Canadian teams dont. LOL Vancouver cant wait for them to melt into liquid trash.

Pittsburgh might be the new Dallas Stars of the east and be fun to watch in 6-5 games. I think Detroit got quietly better and Mike Green will help more than people think. Washington is still great (ouch on losing green though), NYI is young and great too, Team Price will always be there, and Team Lundqvist. Maybe a team like Lumbus or Florida can slip into the playoffs idk. Toronto will stink as per, Ottawa probably will too, but hey the Sabres will be fun.

Im think its about time we get Ovechkin in the finals yeah? And out of the west whoever (Dallas or Nashville woudl be fun for me). As long as its not the garbage troll Ducks (who, on top of being forever gross, managed to ruin the timeless mighty ducks logo). Pray for a first round exit
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 10/07/2015 15:30
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Flames and Oilers both miss playoffs in my mind. Hopefully the rivalry is better this year though, Id like to get beat up at the Saddledome after McDavid scores a hatty in an 8-1 drubbing.

As for who will win the cup, I have no god damn idea. The Central is the division of death and literally anyone could finish 1-6 (sorry Colorado youve got last on lockdown). Dallas got better (and hey maybe Niemi/Lehtonen combo works), Chicago is always good, Minny is fine, Nashville maybe got better plus their D is the best in the league, Winnipeg could probably be a playoff team if they ditched boat anchor Pavelec, and St.Louis is the old Sharks/Sens of the 10s. The central is almost garbage compared to that div, and I think the Cali teams make it and the Canadian teams dont. LOL Vancouver cant wait for them to melt into liquid trash.

Pittsburgh might be the new Dallas Stars of the east and be fun to watch in 6-5 games. I think Detroit got quietly better and Mike Green will help more than people think. Washington is still great (ouch on losing green though), NYI is young and great too, Team Price will always be there, and Team Lundqvist. Maybe a team like Lumbus or Florida can slip into the playoffs idk. Toronto will stink as per, Ottawa probably will too, but hey the Sabres will be fun.

Im think its about time we get Ovechkin in the finals yeah? And out of the west whoever (Dallas or Nashville woudl be fun for me). As long as its not the garbage troll Ducks (who, on top of being forever gross, managed to ruin the timeless mighty ducks logo). Pray for a first round exit

Pretty good summary here. I will add that Detroit's changes go way beyond the addition of Green. They've got Franzen back. They brought in Richards. They replaced Babcock with Blashill. They've promoted Larkin (Athanasiou, Bertuzzi and Mantha might follow). All-in-all, it's a very different team this year, and they're all pretty excited going into the season.

So...well, now my bias is on the table.
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 10/07/2015 16:18
  • Post subject:
^ yeah I like the look of the Wings' forward group. A nice mix of young and old. Tatar, Nyquist are starting to come into their own (if they havent already) and I didnt watch preseason much but apparently Larkin did pretty well if hes starting on the top line. I really like Pulkkinen and Jurco too.

Plus I think Mrazek could be the real deal and steal Howards spot for good this year. Either way theyre goaltending I think will be solid this year. Would not be surprised if they made a run this year. Their D might be an issue but theyve got time to sort that out before playoffs.
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 10/07/2015 18:51
  • Post subject:
I'm gonna try and watch more hockey this year, I wanna get more into it. Obviously I'll be rooting for the Caps, though I'll be honest, I only know like two players on the team.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 10/08/2015 16:37
  • Post subject:
The Caps are a good team. I think I had the Red Wings vs Capitals in the conferance finals in my yearly projections
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 10/10/2015 14:26
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:
i'm surprised you don't have Flames as an option on the poll? your team had an impressive run last year and looks set to do well again this go around from what i can tell.

Meh... Still too young, still shaky goaltending, not enough savvy. They may make the playoffs this year, they may not. Depends if the youngsters continue to develop.
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 10/10/2015 14:37
  • Post subject:
WEST

PACIFIC

*Anaheim - still a loaded lineup, even though like Nech, I hate them.
*LA - Team cocaine makes a comback.
*Calgary - Just. Skin of their teeth
Edmonton - Valiant improvement, scares many teams, just falls short.
SJ - Don`t know what their direction is. Much depends on new goalie Jones.
Vancouver - Stagnating
Arizona - Will be awful. Auston Matthews sweepstakes.

CENTRAL

*STL - ...but regular season success still won`t pan out in playoffs. Bye, Hitch.
*Nashville - Better than you think.
*Dallas - Fun team to watch.
*Chicago - Barely. Tired and overpaid.
*Minnesota - Only if Dubnyk isn`t awful again.
Winnipeg - May get more points than Calgary, but this is such a tough division.
Colorado - Terrible D.

EAST

METRO

*NYI - Dallas of the East
*NYR - Still motivated
*Washington - Scary good now.
*Columbus - So hard to play against.
*Pittsburgh - Kessel may score a tonne with Crosby, but he still has no D, no heart and no fitness.
Philly - Winnipeg of the East. Tough division.
Carolina - Will improve, but still stinky.
NJ - Who scores goals on this team?

ATLANTIC

*TB - So good.
*Montreal - If they get more goals, watch out.
*Florida - Darkhorse. Many good young players.
Detroit - Streak finally ends.
Ottawa - Not quite. Too many holes.
Buffalo - So much fun, but will lose their fair share.
Boston - I like these guys more without Lucic, but their time has passed.
Toronto - LOLOLOL

Playoffs? Who knows. Hockey is such a crapshoot. Caps over Ducks in the final.
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 10/10/2015 15:41
  • Post subject:
I'll be attending many Hurricanes games this year since PNC Arena is only about an hour from my college! We suck though...I'm not expecting much this season.
  • Visit poster's website