Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 12/01/2017 18:41
  • Post subject:
01/12

Alive 2007 by Daft Punk
OH YEAH

I have been listening to this show on a daily basis and it's keeping me sane through bus trips out there, the way the songs flow one into another is so smooth it gives me goosebumps, the crowd makes it even better, the cheers and the singalong immerse me more and more into this journey. What a fucktastic night this must've been.

Touch it, bring it, pay it, watch it, turn it, leave it, start, format it
Antonio-Pedro

Brazil

• Posted: 12/18/2017 14:44
  • Post subject:
18/12

Antonio Tries to guess the Grammy winners 2017 (antonio misses out album of the year again edition)

Record of the Year
Should Win: 24K Magic - Bruno Mars
Will Win: Humble - Kendrick Lamar

Album of The Year
Should Win: Melodrama - Lorde
Will Win: DAMN - Kendrick Lamar

Song Of The Year
Should Win: 4:44 - Jay-Z/ That's What I Like - Bruno Mars
Will Win: Despacito - Luis Fonsi

Best "New" Artist
Should Win: SZA
Will Win: No idea, SZA probably

Best Pop Solo Performance
Should Win: Million Reasons - Lady Gaga
Will Win: Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran (because Edsheeranwinslol logic)

Best Pop Group Performance
Should Win: No one, fuck these nominees..... Feel it still is acceptable

Best Pop Vocal Album
Should Win: Joanne - Lady Gaga
Will Win: Divide - Ed Sheeran

Best Dance Recording
Should Win: Tonite - LCD Soundsystem
Will Win: Tonite/ Line of sight - ODESZA

Best Dance/Eletronic Album
Should Win: 3D The Catalogue - Kraftwerk
Will Win: 3D The Catalogue - Kraftwerk

Best Rock Performance
Should Win: You Want It Darker - Leonard Cohen
Will Win: You Want It Darker - Leonard Cohen

Best Rock Albums
Should Win: A deeper Understanding - The War On Drugs
Will Win: Hardwired - Metallica

Best Alternative Music Album
Should Win: American Dream - LCD Soundsystem
Will Win: Humanz - Gorillaz (I swear if arcade fire wins I'm going to flip my desk)

Best R&B Performance
Should Win: The Weekend - SZA
Will Win: That's What I Like - Bruno Mars

Best R&B Song
Should Win: Redbone - Childish Gambino
Will Win: Redbone - Childish Gambino

Best Urban Album
Should Win: Ctrl - SZA
Will Win: Awaken my Love - Childish Gambino

Best Rap Performance (same for Best Rap song)
Should Win: HUMBLE - Kendrick Lamar
Will Win: HUMBLE - Kendrick Lamar

Best Rap/Sung Performance:
Should Win: Love Galore - SZA
Will Win: -

Best Rap Album:
Should Win: Flower Boy - Tyler, The Creator
Will Win: DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar

Best Compilation Soundtrack
Should Win: La La Land - Justin Hurwitz
Will Win: La La Land - Justin Hurwitz

Best Score Soundtrack
Should Win: Dunkirk - Hans Zimmer

Best song Written for Visual Media
Should Win: City of Stars - Justin Hurwitz
Will Win: City of Stars - Justin Hurwitz
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 12/21/2017 03:58
  • Post subject:
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
01/12

Alive 2007 by Daft Punk
OH YEAH

I have been listening to this show on a daily basis and it's keeping me sane through bus trips out there, the way the songs flow one into another is so smooth it gives me goosebumps, the crowd makes it even better, the cheers and the singalong immerse me more and more into this journey. What a fucktastic night this must've been.

Applause Applause Applause Applause

I feel the same way when I listen to this album. And the best thing is that it has lots of songs from Homework on it, which is their first and greatest album. At least from a house/techno standpoint, but also from any standpoint in my opinion. I try to encourage all the people I know who think Random Access Memories and Discovery are their best albums to try to get into Alive 2007, hoping it'll stir their interest in Homework. It's also been 20 years since Homework came out, so a lot of people just don't know it. But the versions on Alive are pretty smashing. Also their other Alive album, Alive '97, still sounds pretty good too. But it's definitely been superseded by Alive 2007.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 12/21/2017 04:25
  • Post subject:
Antonio-Pedro wrote:
18/12

Antonio Tries to guess the Grammy winners 2017 (antonio misses out album of the year again edition)

Record of the Year
Should Win: 24K Magic - Bruno Mars
Will Win: Humble - Kendrick Lamar

Album of The Year
Should Win: Melodrama - Lorde
Will Win: DAMN - Kendrick Lamar

Song Of The Year
Should Win: 4:44 - Jay-Z/ That's What I Like - Bruno Mars

Best "New" Artist
Should Win: SZA
Will Win: No idea, SZA probably

Best Pop Solo Performance
Should Win: Million Reasons - Lady Gaga
Will Win: Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran (because Edsheeranwinslol logic)

Best Pop Group Performance
Should Win: No one, fuck these nominees..... Feel it still is acceptable

Best Pop Vocal Album
Should Win: Joanne - Lady Gaga
Will Win: Divide - Ed Sheeran

Best Dance Recording
Should Win: Tonite - LCD Soundsystem
Will Win: Tonite/ Line of sight - ODESZA

Best Dance/Eletronic Album
Should Win: 3D The Catalogue - Kraftwerk
Will Win: 3D The Catalogue - Kraftwerk

Best Rock Performance
Should Win: You Want It Darker - Leonard Cohen
Will Win: You Want It Darker - Leonard Cohen

Best Rock Albums
Should Win: A deeper Understanding - The War On Drugs
Will Win: Hardwired - Metallica

Best Alternative Music Album
Should Win: American Dream - LCD Soundsystem
Will Win: Humanz - Gorillaz (I swear if arcade fire wins I'm going to flip my desk)

Best R&B Performance
Should Win: The Weekend - SZA
Will Win: That's What I Like - Bruno Mars

Best R&B Song
Should Win: Redbone - Childish Gambino
Will Win: Redbone - Childish Gambino

Best Urban Album
Should Win: Ctrl - SZA
Will Win: Awaken my Love - Childish Gambino

Best Rap Performance (same for Best Rap song)
Should Win: HUMBLE - Kendrick Lamar
Will Win: HUMBLE - Kendrick Lamar

Best Rap/Sung Performance:
Should Win: Love Galore - SZA
Will Win: -

Best Rap Album:
Should Win: Flower Boy - Tyler, The Creator
Will Win: DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar

Best Compilation Soundtrack
Should Win: La La Land - Justin Hurwitz

Best Score Soundtrack
Should Win: Dunkirk - Hans Zimmer

Best song Written for Visual Media
Should Win: City of Stars - Justin Hurwitz
Will Win: City of Stars - Justin Hurwitz

Wouldn't that be cool if Kraftwerk won a Grammy after all these years?
  • Visit poster's website
Antonio-Pedro

Brazil

• Posted: 12/25/2017 18:59
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
Applause Applause Applause Applause

I feel the same way when I listen to this album. And the best thing is that it has lots of songs from Homework on it, which is their first and greatest album. At least from a house/techno standpoint, but also from any standpoint in my opinion. I try to encourage all the people I know who think Random Access Memories and Discovery are their best albums to try to get into Alive 2007, hoping it'll stir their interest in Homework. It's also been 20 years since Homework came out, so a lot of people just don't know it. But the versions on Alive are pretty smashing. Also their other Alive album, Alive '97, still sounds pretty good too. But it's definitely been superseded by Alive 2007.

Can't believe I jumped over your messages friend, my deeply and cuddly sorry.

I really enjoy alive 97, not as much as 2007, who on their feckin minds would think about that, but I definitively enjoy it as a jamming session of daft punk, I think it would be a little bit better if most characteristic songs and samples from homework were used (the fact that they have to parts of "revolution 909" is kinda disappointing). And yes, alive blows away all their studio albums, although discovery is not far away from the holy grail of daftness.

Come on thomas there is still one friday to release alive 2017
Antonio-Pedro

Brazil

• Posted: 01/08/2018 17:45
  • Post subject:
08/01

The Smile Sessions by The Beach Boys
the holy ghost

Now I have to be quite honest with you my friends, while I've gotten to jangle with many of the jewels that beach boys have brought to us mere mortals with time, I always found pet sounds to be an album that lacked something, Of course "God only knows" and "Wouldn't it be nice" are eternal masterpieces which are not in question when I mean it, but I always felt like the album went into something bigger as a complete work and it has got somewhere close to what it wanted to be. I remember listening it for the first time some years ago, and finding nothing special about it (I admit that I had a bias virus for the 60s installed in my consciousness at that time) and rubbing it with other eldery stuff I had in my library. After thousands of lunar cycles and song cycles, I've came back and gave it the spin it deserved, it clicked a lot with me, and I began to notice how tasty the harmonies and the composition were when they merged together in the opening song. Still last year I was dragged to listen to The smile sessions after reading about a 50s pet sounds article which said that brian wilson had a mental breakdown in the making of the real SMILE and he let all the mashed potatoes that he created fall all over place, which quite brought me, an enthusiastic student of the human mind to investigate the art he has left after he managed to unite all the pieces he has lost in the making of this. It also contained as the songwriter one of which I consider the most musically-flamboyants, no one but Van Dyke Parks, semi-famous for his avante-pop record Song Cycle which has been a very divisive record for me in the past.

After listening to both song cycle and The Smile Sessions you can almost feel the psychedelic influence that Dyke Parks had on the composition and songwritting for many of the songs here (vega-tables being my favorite example) but differently from his fragmented and deconstructed album, smile manages to blend wilson's pop structure knowledge with Parks' dynamism in almost the perfect doses (surf's up being the high point from the album in both studio and solo versions). The result is the sound of an angelical choir splattering over elastic arrangements in such a cohesive progression, like I've said once to myself, it's like ear-candy for those who are sugar lovers. And also while evoking a similar summer feeling as pet sounds (at least for my ears' judge) I feel that smile sessions manages to be a more emotional dense and warmer album, besides having many different songs that could do about the oposite work, but it works like a peacock when it flourishes. It's interesting to think an album that almost never existed (or does it exist thought? it's still a mystery to me) manages to become one of my favorite records of all time, Descartes didn't tell me about 60s psychedelic pieces. And while we are in a certain metaphysical discussion around here, I got another confession to make, I messed up with the order of the album, it's album sessions, so I guess I can do this, the out-takes scramble in the middle of the songs producing a certain light aural climax to the album and avoiding my plausible unfocusing from the songs, which tended to happen so often before, I don't know if I'm committing a crime to an intergalactic musical order but if I am, then it will be damn worth going arrested, you're under arrest!

Antonio-Pedro

Brazil

• Posted: 01/15/2018 02:09
  • Post subject:

The Lemon Of Pink by The Books
I just heard this for the first time tonight, and I also listened to it the third time tonight, this is so mesmeryizing, and so quirky and ALIVE! feels something so childish and powerful. It's like traveling old and beautiful and sparse memories of your childhood with all that cherrish colour, deleted and recovered in cryptographic movies. fantastic stuff. I don't know what else to write but that this has taken me to a nostalgic and mystical escapism I haven't visited in quite a while.
ALLAAHUUUUUUUUUHAAAAAKBAAAAAAR
Antonio-Pedro

Brazil

• Posted: 01/22/2018 02:25
  • Post subject:
20/01

An Empty Bliss Beyond This World by The Caretaker
Old dusty records playing with an holographic exposition of happy people on 40s ballroom dances. Luckily I have been on a certain stroke of good discoveries in the last few blue moons, this album and the lemon of pink above mentioned, certainly got me joyful on its first respective spins, in a way which both of them could translate into a certain emotional enchanting reverberation in my ears, and this just has got me hyped and certainly kinda artistic (such as my interest for different areas of art, such as Graphic design and photography) have developed a lot lately. And so I thought it would be more than fair writing about one of the responsible for all this curiosity. I commonly have the habit of setting a tone to certain albums, and it's no lie that it normally makes the experience of enjoying the music itself more delightful, as all the landscape that my eyes can catch is comfortable and adequate, giving a blooming synesthesiatic avalanche for my heart and soul, the ears and eyes are able to transport me to a certain dimension that is almost achievable to the aesthetic of the record. With An empty bliss, I commonly find it being the last thing I hear at night, and the first soundtrack to my dreams at dawn, it's such a peaceful and mellow record with its scratching noises and dixieland nostalgia, it could bring back unlived and living memories of your grandpa's childhood, with it's sampling of old jazzy tunes it manages to disintegrate the listener into a liquid flow of homesickness and relate-ness. While many people can almost portray this as a certain blood-brother as the bioshock sondtrack, I find it much more closer to that scene in wall-e in which it watches the old movies and with its humanized consciousness, is able to scratch emotions from that gradient of art, which is also one of the most significant scenes on the cinema for me. I have been speaking of bittersweetness in my notes for quite a few time, and for me one of the most interesting moments of music's after laughter bittersweet is that it manages to contrast opposing extremes of the whole spectrum into the same artistic package, and with this album they have quite hit the perfect high spot for it. As I have spoken before, my impulse of attaching the album to a certain atmosphere outside of me is mostly because of the desire of being vulnerable for to all the thousand-face feelings to take over me and mix inside my stomach, until bringing me to a certain contrast of unexplainable melancholia, melancholia has never been so pleasurable before, as the strings locks in with the record playing in the back I lay down in my chair and think about my past and nostlagia tickles me into a dreamy adventure reminding me how good life is. Last week I was reading about human emotion and how different cultures have their own native words for their emotions, and it allowed me to understand so much about this sea of consistent emotional ups and downs in my mind, it allows you to understand so much more and to give voice to that human expression inside of you, and recognize that moment of bliss in which we found ourselves to find a meaning in the universe around us, and it's a fucking beautiful place.

Edit: I finished writting this at the time the record ended and it's display of orchestral ecstasy just made everything better haha

EDIT 2:
An Empty Bliss Beyond This World follows the mind of a person who tries and struggles to remember even small parts of his life using broken sounds. The record was based on a 2010 study about the ability of people with alzheimer's disease to remember music they listened to when they were younger, as well as where they were and how they felt when they listened to it. The Caretaker project was inspired by the use of ballroom music in films such as Carnival Of Souls, The Shining, and the television series Pennies from Heaven, which drew James Kirby to themes of memory loss that appear on An Empty Bliss Beyond This World: "Famously, people as they got older have started seeing dead people, people from the past, and that's their reality because the brain's misfiring. I'm very interested in these kinds of stories. Music's probably the last thing to go for a lot of people with advanced Alzheimer's. There are a lot of people who suffer from Alzheimer's who just hum the same songs over and over again"
Antonio-Pedro

Brazil

• Posted: 01/29/2018 04:11
  • Post subject:
24k MAGIC IN THE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR

É A MAGIA DOS 24 QUILARES CARALHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YESYESYESYESYESYES

ps: drunk
Antonio-Pedro

Brazil

• Posted: 02/02/2018 14:37
  • Post subject:
0²/02

Let It Be by The Replacements
Doo doro doo doro doo doro. I woke up in a good mood today, and even if the sun isn't shining, I feel that it's time to let the season bloom or finally last in me. I Remember catching The replacements for the first time after listening to the punk kick em all' kids don't follow from their Ep Stink on rock band 3, and I remember my feet hurting only to think about all of the work the drums gave me, a fuckin' hardcore punk that would lift me up whenever I felt myself kinda slow as a snail. Moving on some years in front, I found this record while jangling through some of the BEA's chart, I kinda remember it beig somewhere on... repoman's chart? He smells like the 80s frizzed hair, so I will just assumed I got it from his musical amusement park, and when I first listened to it back in 2015 or 2016 I remember it being just how I expected it to sound, except it was much more mature, well produced (although it's unavoidable to say it sounds like the 80s from miles and miles) well arranged than I could ever think of. Yes the standouts were way clear, the opening tracks and the ballads androgynous (which I keep with care in my keyboard book to learn-y until today) and seen your video. But I couldn't see clearer what the album meant as a whole, maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it, and my 80s bias began to infiltrate my thoughts for this album (yes I unfortunately have a 80s subconscious bias, Must be something recessive so don't worry folks) and I thought about leaving it aside and listening to nothing but the main songs that I've mentioned above. But as I said earlier I've woke up in a such different mood today, not grumpy at all for my neighbor's dog barking me to open my eyes, and I thought giving this record and extra life in my heart and another chance to see if it could stick. And hopefully it did, I think what strikes me most this record is how all they songs seems to fit in and they are so cohesive that almost pulls me into the record, maybe as I said this is a mood thing, but I will taking this to the bus with me because hell it makes me feel joyful as a sunflower in summer, I love flowers.