Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 09/07/2021 19:29
  • Post subject:

Beneath The Raging Sea | Along The Grimy Deep

beneath the raging sea is the project i was working on with a handful of great people when my little boy was born. i've decided to shelve the project to focus on parenting, but i still hope i can revisit this project with the band one day. in the meantime, this is where these songs are at.

i'll be adding to this occasionally. once it's up to twelve or fifteen songs(?), i'm aiming to release a formal record.

In Your Eyes | The Birds Peck Your Eyes Out

seau thuh burdz pehq ure aiz owdt? doughndt leiv mi laikh thadt. thuh beaunz ihn yor baudhi aur tungh-churaught aann’d toughdree. thuh dere ihn mai hedlaitzs lyn’ng mai kraus-ize: mai blighnd spaut. doughndt iu jraup mi.

ihn ior ize, ai aam laussdt. bhud ihn ior ize - thaatz weighr iul phighnd mi.

thuh bayrz ihn ior bezhuaqs aur lihq’ng ior hardt owt, bhuht ihtz whuderaught aannd yooceles. ihtz bhaurnik’l whiuburihs. thuh reighz’r tu yor straup: thuh lait thrue yur reinjraups. ai woughndt staup. unles iu jraup mi.

ihn ior ize, ai aam laussdt. bhud ihn ior ize - thaatz weighr iul phighnd mi.

Down To The Bottom | Turn Off The Lights Now

down to the bottom. i know nothing anymore. flounder (ghoti) and scuttle (ghoti) with the threshers (ghoti) on the floor. no. down to the bottom. this is not my burial ground. so i climb up the ladder, where the fishes go to drown.

won't you turn off the lights now?

up to the surface. i run back into your snare, where all of your teeth dwarf the lightbulbs in your stare. no. no. no. up to the surface: bare this body's bag of bones. i'll flop up the ladder, spawn my baby in a funeral home.

won't you turn off the lights now?

My Mouth Is Full Of Excuses | When You're Hungry...

ai giuhscdt qandt bur'ng maiscelv tu qraws thaht threshoughld. tu sctannd att thuh prescapis uv gnough'ng - gnough'ng whith evri boughn ihnn mai bawdi, bhuht theaze kreap'ng dowts hould mi tu thuh pirimitir az thuh ghap devaid'ng bilefe anndt uhnbilefe whaidunz binethe mai feit, anndt ai teatur awn thuh breynck uv fawl'ng thru theiz qraqs inntu thuh luni binn.

i represent myself teetering on your fencepost. straddle an argument that's waging war on itself. i'm deciphering scrawls and talking at the walls. immerse yourself. immerse yourself. i want to see a sign before i jump off that wall because my heart is hungry, but my mouth is full. i only want to see a sign. i'm hurling hope at the wall cause my heart is hungry, but my mouth is full of excuses. you know you've seen too much when you've seen it unfold with your eyes closed. it skitters on the crutch. better keep on climbing that ladder. you beat a beached whales bones. crawl back to davy jones. immerse yourself. immerse yourself. i want to see a sign before i jump off that wall because my heart is hungry, but my mouth is full. i only want to see a sign. i'm hurling hope at the wall cause my heart is hungry, but my mouth is full of excuses. when you're hungry, but your mouth is full of excuses. when you're hungry, but your mouth is full of excuses. when you're hungry, but your mouth is full of excuses. when you're hungry, but your mouth is full of excuses.

wut iu theynq ihz nourmn'l ihzn't nourmn'l. nuhth'ng ihz. iour taid tu uh stuhlagmyt, whawch'ng shadoze danss uhcrawce thuh whawlz, anndt yu thynq thaht thiss ihz wreel laifh. iu thynq thaht thiss ihz nourmn'l.

It's My Life | Knots Aglow Pt. I

shaurqmowth ihz aadt mai dor. wheiz gawdt uh chehzhior grinn, luhq'ng gillti ahz cinn, andt wheiz wredey tu scpin. mai shelzs aur gnaut eanuf tu haigd wehn hihz mowth ihz oupin whaigd. ai'm giusdt uhn inqblauwt augn uh payj.

i'd hate to see you burn, but everything that i've learned from the earth to the urn is that in time it's your turn, and all the time spent in between is just enough to cause a scene as we rage beneath the sea.

it's my life that you're unraveling. you know that i love this from the curb to the kisses. your knots aglow. my filthy heart is unraveling, but you know that i love this: the billows and dresses.

if this world is but a dream full of nightmares and knives, friendly fires and spies, better swim for our lives if all the water that we tread is only tears that we have shed as we row on merrily...

it's my life that you're unraveling. you know that i love this from the curb to the kisses. your knots aglow. my filthy heart is unraveling, but you know that i love this: the billows and dresses.

Underwater Forever | Knots Aglow Pt. II

ai dihd mai vari behsdt. ai aamn glaadh thaht ai dihd mai behsdt phour ostreylea. aannd ai th'nq ellinorh haiz ihz uh gioli gude spoughrdt, aannd ai'm vari, vari scatissphide whith maisselph.

A Sequel To Romance | Knots Aglow Pt. IV

undulate. asphyxiate me. radiate your love. alienate my love.

Hosanna, Hallelujah | A Matter of Time

ai'l grough uhp andt pheighss thuh phakdts, oughn uhp tue thuh writh'm andt thuh whaurdt uhtaq. shaurqmowthz gnoq'ng aht mai dor, andt ai qa gnaught cheap uhp. ai uondt hafv thuh chanz tue ceigh gued gnite... tue cehdt th'ng zwriet. seau ai teyquhp auhrmz uhgenzdt thisc reyj'ng cee.... ai'v c'n thuh phier enh eurh aizs. iue c'ng whouzanuh wail auhl thuh ceyndtz c'ng whauleyuejuh. etzs guhsdt uh mbat'r uhv taim. iue gnou theht ai gnou thisc. ai csdil skambp'r tue thuh cee.

phrugm eict teu wehct, phrugm duhcsq teu daun, thuh whaur aun love iht reyj'z aun. ai csdihl bealeav enh chingduhmb kuhmn, bhuhdt mai aizs doughndt lain uhp whith preighzsiz wringhinghoudt wyl eavf'l lrks uhboughdt andt wreerz ihts whed. seau ai teyquhp auhrmz uhgenzdt thisc reyj'ng cee.... ai'v c'n thuh phier enh eurh aizs. iue c'ng whouzanuh wail auhl thuh ceyndtz c'ng whauleyuejuh. etzs guhsdt uh mbat'r uhv taim. iue gnou theht ai gnou thisc. ai csdil skambp'r tue thuh cee.

ai qraws mai aizs andt dhauhdt mai t'z. ai'm csdihl drouwn'ng ihn thihs cee. ai showdt ier neym. ai c'ng ier preyz. ai'm csdihl lausdt incaid thihs meighs. ai qraws mai aizs andt dhauhdt mai t'z. ai'm csdihl drouwn'ng ihn thihs cee. ai showdt ier neym. ai c'ng ier preyz. ai'm csdihl lausdt incaid thihs meighs.

Hypoxiac | For the Amnesiac

Warmer Benches | Hold My Hand

iou qaann geht seau gude adt neighv'r bi'ng gude einuph aul thuh thaim - tu whaurm'ng benchchez, tu weight'ng ihn lain. bhut wen iu'v hert einuph, iu'v hurd einuph. iu'v bin hould'ng ior hed uhnd'rwhaut'r fore lawng einuph.

buht ihph iu'd oughp'n uhp aannd whoughld mai haannd. qoughm uhlawng, aannd lehdt mi whoughld ior haannd. ai gneau thuh whurldz stihl gawn tu hehl, buht iu doughnt halve tu bi uhloughn awl thuh thaim.

iu qann geau seau kreyzi lihv'ng whihth hournits ihnn ior hed. iu pheal laikh uh puhpit pol'd uhpawrdt bai ior oughn thredz biquhz thuh whurldz uh pigstai, aannd iu'v bin scwhim'ng ihnn thuh scwhihl. iu gnough uh shaurq whuz mendt tu scwhimm, bhuht iu'v bin sctaagnindt ihnn thuh scwhehl.

buht ihph iu'd oughp'n uhp aannd whoughld mai haannd. qoughm uhlawng, aannd lehdt mi whoughld ior haannd. ai gneau thuh whurldz stihl gawn tu hehl, buht iu doughnt halve tu bi uhloughn awl thuh thaim.

Clinging To The Rock That Betrayed You | Through The Fractal Plane

Sea, Swallow Me | Sea Swells & Distant Squalls

---

Addison Rockwell Loomis: Terranea Life
    Adrienne Rich: Diving into the Wreck
    Aleksandr Petrov: The Old Man and the Sea
    Aleksandr Petrov:The Mermaid
    Ariel Kleiman: Deeper Than Yesterday
    Balam Acab: Big Boy (See Birds)
    Balam Acab: Dolphinstomp (Club Water Discus)
    Balam Acab: Fragile Hope (Wander/Wonder)
    Balam Acab: Underwater Forever (Child Death)
    Baths: Ocean Death (Ocean Death)
    Denise Levertov: Breathing the Water
    Ernst Haeckel: Art Forms of the Ocean
    Gregory "Craola" Simkins: Nature of Nurture
    Hannah Faith Yata: Flux
    Hayao Miyazaki: Ponyo
    Herman Melville: Moby-Dick (or The Whale)
    Heðin Brú: The Old Man and His Sons
    Ilene Meyer: Fantastique
    Inka Essenhigh: Gray Wave
    James M. Sommerville: Ocean Life
    Jin Xingye: Green
    Josh Keyes: Frenzy
    Jules Verne: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea: A Tour of the Underwater World
    Julien Mier: It's Slightly Open (Changing Currents)
    Jürgen Müller: Das Unfassbare Seepferdchen (Science of the Sea)
    Kate Allen: The Line Tender
    Kelly McLane: Escape Into Life
    Kevin Sloan: Optimist's Reef
    Kibwe Tavares: Jonah
    Latlaus Sky: Under Water Trees (The Other Shore)
    Leslie Ditto: Enlightenment
    Lisa Ericson: Haven
    Marlies Van Der Wel: Jonas and the Sea
    Maryrose Larkin: The Book of Ocean
    Masami Hata: The Sea Prince and the Fire Child
    Nancy Slavin: Oregon Pacific
    Panabrite: Siphonophore (Neptune Visions)
    Panabrite: Whirlpool (Sub-Aquatic Meditation)
    Pat Grant: Blue
    Pram: Mother of Pearl (The Museum of Imaginary Animals)
    Radiohead: Bloom (The King of Limbs)
    Radiohead: Weird Fishes (In Rainbows)
    Richard Fleischer: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    Sayuri Sasaki Hemann: Tidepools
    The Bible
    Tiffany Bozic: The Silent Dredge
    Valerie Hegarty: Sinking Ship
    Victor Hugo: Toilers of the Sea
    Vincent Peone: The Sea is Blue
    Vladimir Pekar: The Postal Fish
    Walt Disney: Pinocchio

Last edited by craola on 10/21/2021 18:16; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 09/17/2021 19:44
  • Post subject:
why no one told me about this: https://polypores.bandcamp.com/album/shpongos
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 10/21/2021 23:14
  • Post subject:
Choose Your Own Adventure Book Trifecta (listed in order of personal preference):

Trifecta A: Aphex Twin | Autechre | Boards of Canada
Trifecta B: Drexciya | Orbital | Squarepusher
Trifecta 3: Balam Acab | Flying Lotus | Oneohtrix Point Never
Trifecta D: Burial | Four Tet | Teebs
Trifecta V: Amon Tobin | Telefon Tel Aviv | Venetian Snares

Alternate game - select one artist from each aforementioned tier (re-ordered):

Tier 1: Boards of Canada
Tier C: Balam Acab
Tier V: Amon Tobin
Tier B: Drexciya
Tier 4: Teebs
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 11/24/2021 20:29
  • Post subject:
finally updated my overall chart. capped it off at 20, as i do all my charts.

was a pretty tough list to prune down.

toughest cuts to make included larry coryell, autechre, modest mouse, sonny sharrock, spartan fidelity, drexciya, amon tobin, rahsaan roland kirk, alice coltrane, u2, shye ben-tzur, najma, pram, cloud cult, jonny greenwood, the blue nile, sonic youth, and the beatles.

feel this top 20 is a pretty solid representation though. good snapshot of what i'm into in late 2021.
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 12/14/2021 22:28
  • Post subject:
[edit flag='bye-bye']redacted[/edit]
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 12/22/2021 07:20
  • Post subject:
2021.12.22 | a brief snapshot. alphabetized. legitimate recording/touring bands [not one off recording sessions with assortment of all-stars]:

blonde redhead
boards of canada
broadcast
cocteau twins
portishead
pram
radiohead
slowdive
sonic youth
talk talk

that's a pretty good list. basically, 80s-00s, but i think that's about when my taste generally swaps between individual and group artists. by-in-large, the standouts pre-80s are guys like charles mingus. post 00s, i gravitate towards folks like anne paceo. so there you have it, the golden age of "bands". i guess. i'm excited by a handful of newer bands though. i wouldn't be surprised to see the pendulum swing back the other way sooner rather than later.
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 03/24/2022 15:29
  • Post subject:
I dreamt up a new supergroup. I can't answer "Why?".

Leila Martial: vocals
Christophe Panzani: saxophone, clarinet
Ed "Tenderlonious" Cawthorne: flutes, soprano saxophone
Jonny Greenwood: guitar, keys, ondes martenot
Tony Paeleman: keys
Esperanza Spalding: double bass, bass guitar, vocals
Anne Paceo: drums, vocals, kamele n'goni

Alternately, I'd love to hear a collaboration between Leila Martial and Jaubi. Just straight up. I think they'd fit each other likes a glove.
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 03/26/2022 20:33
  • Post subject:
[edit flag='bye-bye']redacted[/edit]

Last edited by craola on 04/23/2022 09:38; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 04/22/2022 18:28
  • Post subject:
it’s a knee-jerk response that I’m only mildly aware of, but I want to start identifying these things.
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 04/23/2022 09:45
  • Post subject:
new song: drama queen

lyrics posted on linked page. this song is about someone in particular who i thought was a friend, i guess, so it’s actually a little bit offensive if you’re that person. so, sorry to you (you know who you are).