Club Marathon aka Slovenian alternative music scene

View previous topic :: View next topic
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 11/22/2015 15:33
  • Post subject: Club Marathon aka Slovenian alternative music scene
Quote:
Klubski Maraton (Club Marathon) is a project run by Radio Student in which each year six artists or bands are chosen to make a tour throughout Slovenia and its clubs. The project has been running since 2001, and is meant as a boost to the Slovenian alternative music scene, aiming to help the bands get the needed stage mileage and audience recognition.

Normally I wouldn't do my own Music Diaries entry, but I'm always down for whoring out some local artists, so if anyone is interested, it might be helpful to have them in one place.

Anyway, I've attended the 15th Club Marathon "Finale" (where all the bands perform in one night) a few weeks ago and got the CD compilation they prepared for the 15th anniversary. The compilation doesn't include all the bands and artists that were ever part of the Marathon, but what is there, is pretty impressive. Interesting hearing some of the now relatively established musicians at the early points of their careers, as well as hearing some of the artists that didn't do much since then, but seemed interesting enough.

Since all exist on bandcamp pages, I've decided to go through all the yearly compilations - these include 6 chosen artists with 2-3 demo versions of their songs (what they signed up with for the competition)

Starting with 2001:
https://zars.bandcamp.com/album/klubski-maraton-2001

I will later hopefully post my thoughts, recs, including related artists, on it (and all the other years if there will be interest).
  • Visit poster's website
Msahayaza

• Posted: 01/23/2018 09:50
  • Post subject:
I'm going to find out what's right.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website