Best Ever Movies (3rd Edition)

View previous topic :: View next topic
PanduArya

Indonesia

• Posted: 12/16/2015 11:18
  • Post subject: Best Ever Movies (3rd Edition)
So I think it's been long enough from our last edition of Best Ever Movies poll, and it's time to start a new edition for this. Since there are new posters and opinions might have been changed.

To do, I copy the rules from the last edition:

1. Every BEA user can submit (via PM) their list. It can range anywhere from 1 film to 250. It can be your favorite films, or what you consider to be the greatest of all time, or a mix of both. Whatever. Just put movies on it. Which brings us to the next rule.

2. What films are eligible for entry? Essentially, if it would be able to garner an Academy Award nomination, it's eligible. That means feature length films, short films, documentaries, anything of the sort. NOT ELIGIBLE are TV movies or mini-series (for instance, the Dekalog would not be allowed, but the individual "Short Film About Love/Killing" films would be). In the case of something that began as a TV film but then later received theatrical release, let IMDb be your guide (Steven Spielberg's "Duel"? Ineligible)

The only seeming exception would be concert videos. If IMDb lists them as documentary (such as The Last Waltz or Stop Making Sense) then they're eligible under the 'Documentary' umbrella.

3. Time frame. You can begin submitting your lists now if you like. We'll keep the time frame open until, say, end of January, unless the entries almost completely cease in a few weeks. If you're assembling a list but haven't gotten it ready, just let me know and we can work on stretching the time frame.

4. Scoring! Much like our BEA album charts, your top ranked film will receive 100 points. Your second place film will receive 99 points, and so on, all the way down to your 100th film receiving 1 point. While it may seem pointless getting down that low, bear in mind two editions ago that Dr. Strangelove nudged Blade Runner out of the top ten by a measly three points. So your votes matter!

Enjoy!

*I hope it doesn't flop like my last game*
  • Visit poster's website
ZedsDead

• Posted: 12/16/2015 18:38
  • Post subject:
Perhaps we should wait a bit to continue this? It hasn't even been a year yet.