#222 | Posted: 12/07/2018 06:03 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Hayden wrote:
Yeah... thanks for the songs Pete. RIP.

Likewise, RIPete
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

Graeme2

United Kingdom

#223 | Posted: 12/07/2018 21:15 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Been thinking about Buzzcocks and listening to them today and I don't think they quite get the credit they deserve. Even casual music fans will give them credit for at least one brilliant song and significance in the punk scene but just as important is their pioneering of the DIY record release, starting your own indie label and actually achieving some success. Also they must have had some influence on twee and indie pop overall with Pete being not exactly Mr Rock, guitar solos that didn't have any of that string bending that was prerequisite for any rock, even punk, with some solos being just one or two notes. While the Pistols and Clash were singing about facist regimes or riots, the Buzzcocks were going on about hating fast cars. Brilliant. Always remember the punk video comp I had as a teenager from the old grey whistle test and Pete saying punk has a bad image but asking "do I look violent and obscene?" With a cheeky grin. Anything but.

Michael1981

United Kingdom

#224 | Posted: 12/07/2018 21:47 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Graeme2 wrote:
Been thinking about Buzzcocks and listening to them today and I don't think they quite get the credit they deserve. Even casual music fans will give them credit for at least one brilliant song and significance in the punk scene but just as important is their pioneering of the DIY record release, starting your own indie label and actually achieving some success. Also they must have had some influence on twee and indie pop overall with Pete being not exactly Mr Rock, guitar solos that didn't have any of that string bending that was prerequisite for any rock, even punk, with some solos being just one or two notes. While the Pistols and Clash were singing about facist regimes or riots, the Buzzcocks were going on about hating fast cars. Brilliant. Always remember the punk video comp I had as a teenager from the old grey whistle test and Pete saying punk has a bad image but asking "do I look violent and obscene?" With a cheeky grin. Anything but.

Applause
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23
   Forum Index -> Best Ever Albums -> Music

Jump to: